Lady Chiefs

qualified101
SEO

Re: Lady Chiefs

Post by qualified101 »

osu*me wrote:pardon me for having an opinion.

most teams need a post player on the floor. how many teams do we play that don't have two or three big girls playin the 4/5 spot? IMO.

how tall/big was the starting line up last night for logan?

pardon me for having one also. this team is nothing like the one you played on. you ladies had size and an inside game along with some good defense. this team has really no inside game but shoot alot better than the team you played on. just different types of teams.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go Lady Chiefs

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

I would say the glass will be a big concern for Logan, if a team like Athens comes close to doubling you up on the glass that could be a problem when you get into league play.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

good luck ladies tonight!!!!!!!!!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Lady Chiefs won tonight in OT---47/41
Logan JV won 28/12

I don't know where I picked up those scores.
I was there but it loos like not in mind :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by noreply66 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Late 70s Logan grad
Freshman Team

Post by Late 70s Logan grad »

Please get the scores right...

Varsity: Logan 47, Jackson 41, OT
JV: Logan 28, Jackson 12

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Logan BB: As noted both JV and Varsity won last night vs Jackson. Play seemed out of sync but the numerous free throw attempts made for the stop and go. 63 fouls shots attempted makes for a spotty game. Several Logan girls in foul troulble early so the playing time was spread around. Topf and Linton fouled out late in the game. 26 points from the field and 21 from the foul line for Logan last night. The bench is always so important to any team and this year for Logan to be successful it starts with the starters but ends with the bench. Saturday at Gallipolis. Good luck girls.

sitting in the stands
Riding the Bench

Post by sitting in the stands »

Lady Chiefs BB: I know most of these players quite well and I would like to see them start to "play" the game together. Right now they seem like they can't quite get a rhythm going on the floor, like they aren't comfortable with where they are just yet. Struggling through a game is NOT the way I have seem these young ladies play. All of them from the starters to the bench have always seemed "ready" to get out there on the floor and excited about being on the court ready to play the game. Hopefully this is all just season starting jitters. Players learning to play together to get the job done. Good Luck Ladies. Take a few minutes to think about all that you have learned in the past, and are learning to do right now and put it together on the court to play the game and enjoy what you are doing.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Logan BB: Gallipolis away Saturday. Would be really nice to get another win to start this season. 7 of the next 8 games will be at home with 2 of them being league games. Away game during this run will be Ironton. Keep winning and build on this. Go luck girls.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan.in the 2nd half, couldn't work it around to get a shot off

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Logan BB: Logan JV and Varsity win tonight at Gallipolis. Varsity game was tied at 27 and the end of three. Logan went on to outpace Gallipolis in the 4th and won 40 to 31. Logan scoring was Topf with 10, Linton 10, Klingenberg 7, and Murphy with 7 leading the way. 5 of 12 from the foul line. Did win as herky, jerky as it was. Team is still looking for its identity. Keep up the hard playing and it will come.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Logan BB: Logan Lady Chiefs take on the visiting Groveport girls Wednesday night. I expect Groveport to have some size inside and a decent ball handling point guard. For Logans part, after winning the last two games coming from behind in the 4th qtr, they will be challenged to get their offensive rythm on track. Good defense, with ball pressure minus the fouls will be paramount.
Great start for the season. Big stretch from now till the end of the month. Good luck ladies.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

go Lady Chiefs

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Logan BB: Logan Varsity loses to Groveport tonight 47to 45. Game was a toss-up till the closing seconds. Logan JV wins. League game up next for Logan with Warren visiting. 3 and 1 on the season.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

md,
do you remember what the score was at halftime?

thx in advance.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

I think Logan was up 26 to 19 at half.>>>

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Logan BB: As noted Logan Varsity lost to Groveport Wednesday night by2 points. Obviously by the score this was a game that the girls could have won. A few critical TO's in the third qtr helped get Groveport back in game. To say that winning this game is not that significant becomes only relevant when comparing this game to the Warren game this Saturday. Mid season out of league games do fill out the schedule but are another opportunity to develop your team in the game situation. Every game the players and coaches learn something about themselves and the team. IMO I saw a team moving in the right direction. Good luck Saturday.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

couple of the girls had a terrible shooting night

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

thx.

congrats to abbie linton on a second straight stellar game.

seems like there alot of missed opportunities to trap out of our press that logan didn't take advantage of. On to the next game. Good luck ladies!

klaw10
Riding the Bench

Post by klaw10 »

qualified101 wrote:thx.

congrats to abbie linton on a second straight stellar game.

seems like there alot of missed opportunities to trap out of our press that logan didn't take advantage of. On to the next game. Good luck ladies!

Right on cue....the coach is back..maybe you should share the rest of your game notes with Coach Walsh. I am sure he would love to discuss

Return to “Girls Basketball”