Pay to park-JacksonHS

bettis
Varsity

Re: Pay to park-JacksonHS

Post by bettis »

When I pulled up at Jackson and seen we had to pay to park, I wasn't worried about my daughter and I paying I was just worried about the kids who come to support their school and have just enough money to buy their tickets and get something to eat afterwards or at the game. I am not saying they could have not dug in the consol for $2 in change, but some kids come with just enough money to get in.

My daughter has to pay to play at her school and they say it is for transportation costs. We are required to buy everything else she needs for that particular sport except the uniform, which some she has gotten seems to be from the 80's. I also have to pay for instructional fees at the beginning of the year or she doesn't get her report card, plus buy all the school supplies she needs for each teacher.

Next year if your team gets to the District you know now that you are going to have to pay. I guess you can't worry about what you can't control.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

lady_oaks_fan3362 wrote:
ocho stinko wrote:assassin
because it is jackson, anybody else could get by with it. Great hatred for Jackson in southern ohio.

just wanted to warn you and others complaining about parking fees..... get your pennies ready because the Convo is reportedly charging $5.00.

reportedly????

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

There is no reportedly about it.

They charge $5 bucks to park and that is non-negotiable.

buddyholly
Freshman Team

Post by buddyholly »

Maybe people are upset about paying to park at Jackson because they hadn't charged to park at past tournaments. Even if they charged to park this year at their home games, most teams represented there were probably not in their league. The fee to park is not much to pay but to some they see it as greed. I'm sure glad that I haven't had to pay to park at the state tournament , yet!!!!!!!

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Bushmaster,
At tourney games there are limited parking passes that go out to each school. Basically everyone pays to park.

Snowman
Freshman Team

Post by Snowman »

they may have told coaches they were going to charge at the drawing meeting but i know people were shocked including administrators at several schools...and i know for a fact that the they even tried to charge one school superintendent and district athletic board member...the poor volunteers taking money were left outside in the cold to deal with the arguments when it couldve easily been resolved with organization and communication...jackson definitely dropped the ball on this one...

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

snowman wrote:they may have told coaches they were going to charge at the drawing meeting but i know people were shocked including administrators at several schools...and i know for a fact that the they even tried to charge one school superintendent and district athletic board member...the poor volunteers taking money were left outside in the cold to deal with the arguments when it couldve easily been resolved with organization and communication...jackson definitely dropped the ball on this one...

if coaches were told about parking fees at the drawing meeting i would say they are the ones that dropped the ball... not jaxon

Snowman
Freshman Team

Post by Snowman »

i guess jackson had to sale the fax machines and the computers to afford to keep the doors open so they couldnt send either a fax or email to the schools that they were going to charge...maybe they could ask holzer for more money then they wouldnt have to charge for parking

jackson1
Freshman Team

Post by jackson1 »

Snowman, I know of one HS principal that was left off of his school's pass gate list and he had to go buy a ticket to get in. Guess that was Jackson's fault for not knowing his school should have put him on the pass list.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

so, i guess if volunters dont work will the teachers and admin take on the rolls .. i would like to see that.. yea you send a kid to a ballgame with x amount of money gate and food . and they pull up and have to pay for parking. move the tourney.. you guys build a million dollar football field and then beg for money from students.. if jackson plays any soc teams i would charge 5$ to park..i know how it works if you are hometown you dont pay.. the volunters look out for each another..hope to see some jackson followers come on down would be easy money....

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

snowman wrote:i guess jackson had to sale the fax machines and the computers to afford to keep the doors open so they couldnt send either a fax or email to the schools that they were going to charge...maybe they could ask holzer for more money then they wouldnt have to charge for parking

i bet you any amount of money that info was included in a packet given to each coach at the drawing.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

:aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:There is no reportedly about it.

Unless you know where to park, for free!!!!!! If you pay to park at the Convo, shame on you. You can make it negotiable, if you know where to park........LOL!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

Steely Dan wrote:
Keyser_soze78 wrote:There is no reportedly about it.

Unless you know where to park, for free!!!!!! If you pay to park at the Convo, shame on you. You can make it negotiable, if you know where to park........LOL!

how far you gotta walk?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

No more than 3 minutes.........Unless you walk very slow....... ;-)

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Steely Dan...You are forgetting one important factor here.

I get reimbursed as I keep and turn in the parking receipt(s) when I turn in my monthly expense report. So I don't lose five bucks when I eventually get it back.

But for the fans who don't get that press perk, that is not the case.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

KS78 - I don't get the press perk, that is not what I was implying, sorry if it came across that way. There are places to park, not too far away, if you know where to go, and it won't cost you a cent. And no, I'm not revealing the secret. Sorry. ;-)

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Steely Dan...Not a problem. Yeah, I know some parking shortcuts there too. Spent four years of my life on that campus figuring things like that out. :lol:

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

i parked free at ou a few times but usually i go ahead pay the $5 and park pretty darn close. can slip out at half and between games for kool aid that way.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

i have never paid to park at the convo.. been going for at least the last15 years.. :122245

Return to “Girls Basketball”