Warren Basketball

IMK01
Riding the Bench

Re: Warren Basketball

Post by IMK01 »

I think that Mr. Dolak needs to take a serious chill pill and consider the damage he is doing to his daughter by acting like this time and time again. I don't know of any teens that can play under that kind of pressure. To tell a girl that he'll be glad when she's gone??? That is a terrible thing to say to a young athlete.

bubbles
Riding the Bench

Post by bubbles »

IMKO1 u are correct, and he will ruin any chance for a coach to look seriously at his daughter for any sport. who would want to deal with him? clearly this dolak guy is not doing his daughter justice. she has talent, and she is getting a raw deal.....

warrensfinest2010
Waterboy

Post by warrensfinest2010 »

Wizard, I do agree if Dolak said, he would be glad when this certain senior was gone, that it was very uncalled for and no girl should ever have to hear that. But could it have been that senior could have stuck their nose some where it didnt belong?

I am sure that he knew that the team won. But I am sure if you knew what was really happening on the team with the lack of teamwork and the lack of sportsmanship you would have been just as angry as him. I know not everyone sees what is happening because 9 time out of 10 the players try to put it to the side when playing in a game. So please stop saying things without knowing what you are honestly talking about.

Everyone knows that on Senior night the Seniors will and normally do get a majority of the playing time. No one was complaining about the playing time of anyone on the Team! All three seniors played very well and did give their all. Lets just bring the focus off of Mr. Dolak, and put it back on the team like it should be.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

So, girls play final game of the regular season at Jackson on Saturday night in the 7th place game for the SEOAL...

Rematch of the previous Saturday's matchup (this proves how stupid all the DOC game except the league title one are), how will Warren fare the second time around??

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

warrensfinest2010 wrote:Wizard, I do agree if Dolak said, he would be glad when this certain senior was gone, that it was very uncalled for and no girl should ever have to hear that. But could it have been that senior could have stuck their nose some where it didnt belong?

I am sure that he knew that the team won. But I am sure if you knew what was really happening on the team with the lack of teamwork and the lack of sportsmanship you would have been just as angry as him. I know not everyone sees what is happening because 9 time out of 10 the players try to put it to the side when playing in a game. So please stop saying things without knowing what you are honestly talking about.

Everyone knows that on Senior night the Seniors will and normally do get a majority of the playing time. No one was complaining about the playing time of anyone on the Team! All three seniors played very well and did give their all. Lets just bring the focus off of Mr. Dolak, and put it back on the team like it should be.

That is fine with me. I do know alot more than you might think about this. I will say parents need to SUPPORT the team, it is not their job to confront the coach on anything except what can my girl do to get better. They should not discuss anything else, as you say even he is not at all practices, team functions etc like the coach is. The coach can see and knows what is going on better than any of us so like you say, lets stay out (that includes Dolak) and let the coach and team take care of issues.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Jackson game tomorrow

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Nice win for the lady warriors. I believe the final of the varisty was 50-30 while the jv also stomped Jackson to the tune of a 46-13 score.

darKnight
Riding the Bench

Post by darKnight »

way2go

sectionals----against gallia---wednesday at 8 at alex HS
Last edited by darKnight on Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Congrats...I think the team finished at 11-9

Good luck at sectionals (and beyond)

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Yes the varsity final was indeed Warren 50, Jackson 35.

The JV final score was Warren 46, Jackson 13.

Let the tournament games begin as far as I'm concerned.

floridabigdog
Waterboy

Post by floridabigdog »

Congratulations Ladies on your very good season. :-D I know I am proud of how you won 11 out of 20 games. A lot of people lose sight of the fact that you girls do try hard and you sometimes do not get credit for it. You have made a lot of us ol' folk very proud. I always tell you to work hard in my posts, that is because it pays off in the end. Keep workin' hard and we'll see what happens in the tourney. Go Lady Warriors!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

I have seen Warren five times this year and I have yet to see a selfish basketball team. The girls play well together, they play hard, they have little height and one of the better players in the area. Fail to see what a few parents are all up in arms with.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Hopefully i'll be able to make the game on Wednesday along with my other fellow warriors fans, but in any case good luck ladies!!!!

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Warren vs. Sheridan Saturday at 1 I believe.
Alexander High School

highandtight
Freshman Team

Post by highandtight »

polpot, I have seen them once and as an outsider, there sure looked to be some selfish players forcing shots to me. They seem to have the talent to win. I realize it is difficult to have unbiased views when you are close to the situation, so maybe some of you should take a step back and reevaluate. Best of luck to the lady Warriors on Saturday. Oh, by the way, I disagree with the statement that Ms. Dolak will not get any looks from colleges. I've seen her play softball a few times and am quite sure she'll get an opportunuty to continue on at the next level somewhere.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

highandtight wrote:polpot, I have seen them once and as an outsider, there sure looked to be some selfish players forcing shots to me. They seem to have the talent to win. I realize it is difficult to have unbiased views when you are close to the situation, so maybe some of you should take a step back and reevaluate. Best of luck to the lady Warriors on Saturday. Oh, by the way, I disagree with the statement that Ms. Dolak will not get any looks from colleges. I've seen her play softball a few times and am quite sure she'll get an opportunuty to continue on at the next level somewhere.

So you see them once and PolPot sees them five times and you can form a better opinion of this team than he/she can. Wow you are good.

Read the entire thread and didn't see where anyone said anything about Ms. Dolak not getting any looks from colleges, were you just wanting to give us some information about other sports or can you pin point where someone made the comment.

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

Mr. Dolak's attitude about sports is strictly genetic. He must not burden all the blame.

highandtight
Freshman Team

Post by highandtight »

Wiz, go back and check bubbles comments. Seems pretty clear to me. What is your dog in the fight? As I stated, I don't have one. From your posts I would guess that you do and that changes everything. It is not my intent to bring anything negative to this. I just haven't seen the negativeness from Taylor that you all are suggesting. I believe she will get some looks and hopefully many of her teammates will to. Best of luck to all the young ladies who are chasing their dream.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

My comments have been only about one subject that should not need to be addressed. Parents need to support ALL the girls not just their own and leave the coaches alone. They don't need to run across floors after big wins to complain/threaten the coach about the number of shots his daughter got. Surely you are not on his side on this are you?Most people out there are pulling for these girls to have a good year and this only adds tension to an already long year of this. If you/he thinks this doesn't effect the girls then neither of you have talked to many of them about the season as it has went.

Good Luck girls, you can beat Sheridan and advance.

highandtight
Freshman Team

Post by highandtight »

I'm not taking sides here wizard. You called me out and I thought I gave you an appropriate response. I agree with you that parents should stay out of the coaches business. I can see where this would be tough if you think your son/daughter is being slighted. I am not saying that this is what is taking place, just trying to understand. I support any athlete trying to better themselves.

Return to “Girls Basketball”