Girls District Finals at the Convo

Regulator
All Conference

Re: Girls District Finals at the Convo

Post by Regulator »

Girls are a lot more fundamental then boys. Why? Because they have to be. What I mean is they are not as athletic, so they have to do everything perfect. They don't jump very high so they better be able to box out. They don't run as fast, so they better be able to stay in good position. They don't shoot as far, so they better have a good shot, they don't....etc...... You get the point. Girls games are just as exciting and fun to watch, but again you won't see anyone jumping out of the gym or taking over one on one!!

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

^^^^^^^^^^excellent post!

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

I can't wait for the games tomorrow! I plan on being at everyone or pretty close to it. I even got a hotel room in Athens, so I don't have to drive home so late and then return the next day for the boys.

Good Luck to all teams tomorrow! It should be a great day of Girls' Basketball!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

So, after all the discussion about this how'd it go?

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

I wasn't there, but I listened to the Ironton - Zane Trace game on the radio and the crowd sounded pretty loud to me - there were times when it was hard to hear the radio announcers calling the game over the crowd noise in the background. I have no idea how the seating was configured.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

no bleachers, but great crowds.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

I was at the first two games and there seemed to be lots of fans.

What was fun at the Webster/New Boston game was watching the OU Army reserve guys repell from the ceiling and bring the game ball in. I have a great picture of the Lady Jeeps all looking up at the ceiling with these crazy looks on their faces!

Return to “Girls Basketball”