minford @oak hill

Scout45
Waterboy

Re: minford @oak hill

Post by Scout45 »

good job lady oaks, congrats on a great game.
team ball had nothing to due with Minfords loss in this game.
it was great defense out of Oaks. Most of Minfords girls couldn't
even get a shot off, and when they did it was rushed and off balance,
I noticed only a couple of girls could score against this team, every player
had there chance at shots, they weren't going in or they were fouled
and didn't get many calls, not taking away from lady oaks at all, defense was
excellent! Minford lost due too---way to many turnovers because of the pressure
they were under, some of the ladies didn't handle it well. Once they got frustrated
it was over, Minford did bounce back and come within 2pts, in the 3rd. but
the did not guard the shooters on the perimeter well...Minford just didn't
play up to there abilities, some didn't seem to be playing hard???
I'm sure the coach will address these issues and we will get them next time!
again congrats to lady oaks, and Minford Lady Falcons will bounce back.
Keep your heads up ladies!
It was still a great game to watch!

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Sorry Scout..I didn't see that game..I watch the Lady Oaks pass 4-5 times til the person was open and then they made the shots..the Lady Falcons didn't. They threw the ball away continuously, didn't play with each other, didn't talk out on the floor. The defense was horrible except for a few. They lost composure and it was evident. Team ball isn't just on offense, its on both ends of the floor. I'm sure too that the coaches will address these issues and hopefully they learned a lot.
Last edited by THE NEXT LEVEL on Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

it was a good game minford played tough but oak hill was just too much tonite

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

crazee-oakaholic wrote:officiating was horrible both ways!

It may have very well been,but it always hurts a little more when you are on the losing end.I dont think the refs would have made a difference in a blowout like this no matter how bad they were.If this were a five six point game..That's another story.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

sorry , when you get beat so bad you can't blame the refs.. either the team gave up or coach needs help.. its early so will see how this team rebounds after a beat down like this... :?

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Oak Hill /Minford was a good game. First half was evenly played and I think OH got the better side of the refing. Minford looked good in transition which kept them close. When the OH team picked up their full court defense Minford did not play well in the half court with a lot of TO. Oak Hills bench is really tough and no way could Minford match this. When OH gets you down late their open offense is hard to match up against. Nice ball movement , good patiience good shooting.\.. Great fan support for both teams. I think both teams will be fun to watch play this year.

footballfan49
Riding the Bench

Post by footballfan49 »

Oak Hill very good. Minford probably overated. Our coach did not seem to manage the game very well. I am a little dubious. We missed coach conley's ability to manage a game.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

I don't see how you can say we got the better end of reffing the 1st half..at some point in the 2nd qtr oaks had 8 fouls to minfords 3...oaks were not favored by the refs at all! worst call of the night was when he gave the girl a timeout when the ball was loose and both teams were going after it..oh well we got the W so its over and done with.just don't see how the refs favored us because they didn't favor either team!

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

Minford Millie wrote:How many of the Oak Hill girls that will see the floor tonight actually played in a district and regional championship the last couple of years? Adkins & Strite? Burton? Leonard? Not so sure that a couple of girls will make that big of difference

well it looks like oak hill's experience and depth were way too much for minford
adkins and strite did great job controlling the game! so their experience must have paid off some.
and puckett had a good game under the basket minford had no answer for her
now depth? minfords bench was no match for oak hills

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Keep on getting your digs in, but don't forget they have to come to Minford!
Bottom line is Oaks were on there A-Game and Minford was not, they had
a bad game, it happens to all teams. And no Minford is not overrated its there 2nd
game of the season, I just don't think they ever settled down and played there game, and as stated earlier Oaks were clicking on all cylinders! Kudos to Mr. Hale and the Lady Oaks and good job Minford Lady Falcons just wasn't your night, but we all know what you are capable of so lets move on to the next game.
Md2020- agree totally with everythig you said!

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

B. Butler had a great game too! I figured you would agree with md2020 but please tell me how we got the better end of reffing?

daluvofallsports
Waterboy

Post by daluvofallsports »

hats off to coach hale and the lady oaks. team ball is where its at and the lady oaks knows how to play team ball to win games. you ladys played very well and never gave up. minford refused to play team ball. i would love to know how many turnovers the lady oaks forced upon minford. why didn't minford use their pointguard more as she was breaking oaks press when the ball got into her hands. minfords coach made no changes that i saw during the game. correct me if i'm wrong. mof pm me if you know the stats. oaks will only get better during season so minford shouldn't look so forward to the rematch.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

i agree they should have got the ball to #23 more. she did a great job bringing the ball up the court on the press and then they never gave it back to her. actually they did one time and she hit a big three! i would have gave it to her more but thats just me.

daluvofallsports
Waterboy

crazee i agree. and one more thing the refs had nothing to do with this game. i saw calls on both ends some good and some bad for both teams. the fact is the lady oaks came to play and win this game. the lady oaks has a bright future ahead of them.

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Oaks will get better. They have an outstanding coach. Let's hope Minford's coach makes the adjustments needed for this team. There's a lot of talent and I agree the point guard along with others need to be involved in the offense and several need to play better defense. A lot of the turnovers were unforced errors. The team lost their composure...bottom line...a lot to do with Oaks pressure and a lot to do with lack of team play!

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

yes if minford plays TEAM ball they will be 10 times better!

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

Minford not disciplined. Hate to say it but don't you wish you hadn't run off Kim Conley. I was never a fan of hers but she did have discipline

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

It's only the second game...I'm sure Minford's new coach will be just fine.*

daluvofallsports
Waterboy

not only did conley have discipline but could see the entire floor knew when to change things up and knew how to correct the girls mistakes. yes lady oaks played very good defense but you can't say that all the lady falcons didn't play defense. i saw a few play their guts out on defense and then i saw some play no defense. am i the only one that saw that?

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

no some minford girls did play very hard. like #23 she worked her butt off to get the ball through the press then didnt touch it again. she played good defense as well along with a few others..they just need to work on TEAM ball more

Return to “Girls Basketball”