TVC-hocking predictions

Gregg811
Varsity

Re: TVC-hocking predictions

Post by Gregg811 »

Steely Dan, I agree that FF is no barometer in which to base how good the Lady Cats are or can be. But, with that said this group of young ladies are as competitive as any group around and will play hard no matter what competition they face. The scrimage schedule they had was very tough competion w/ the likes of Berlin Hiland, Akron Firestone, Walsh Jesuit, Maysville, Sheridan, Warren, etc. Also the OOC schedule is much tougher as well with the likes of Defending WVA AAA State Champ Parkersburg South, Alexander, Marietta, Oak Hill at the Convo. These ladies accept the challenge of a tougher schedule as it will only better prepare them come tournament time. Really looking forward to the Alexander game at Waterford on sat.

GO LADY CATS

bballnut
Riding the Bench

Post by bballnut »

Good Luck to ALL the lady Cats this week, both sides of the hill!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Gregg - I am not questioning or knocking the talent of the wildcats, I saw them play four or five times last year, including their loss to Aficentric. Yep, I made that trip. My point was, FF is not a team to use as a barometer this year, as they are way, way down. No one should be chest thumping over a preview win over FF.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Waterford wins the TVC, everyone else is going for second

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

Even though FF is not good they could not even get the ball past half court. We see this happening in alot of games when the cats play. But I don't think Fed hock can compete with them this year. The scrimmages I have watched are amazing!!! This is probably the best Waterford team I have ever seen so I just don't think Fed hock has the personel of the REAL CATS IN THE TVC!!!!

walljump1
Waterboy

Post by walljump1 »

93bulldog. No I was not joking! Federal barely beat Trimble. It was a battle the entire game!!!

Butcher had a fantastic game, 32 pts.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Walljump ... I was refering to the 'Federal Hocking'-Eastern comparison ... Eastern does not have equal talent of the Lancers .. No way. Not many teams do though, Federal Hocking is very, very talented with Butcher, Dunfee and Cuckler. Eastern relies basically on a group of Freshmen, a couple of upperclassmen and if Turley playes, that does make a bit of difference - But federal Hocking they are not.

BTW ... Federal Hocking did not 'barely' beat Trimble. 67-59 is an 8 point victory, but Trimble was never really in a position to win the game. The Lancers would go up by as many as 10 and 11 points and then Trimlbe would make a couple of shots and the game got somewhat close again; But not once did I see Trimble actually winning the game. PLUS, a game @Trimble is never really easy, I don't care who you are. The 'Cats are solid and if they hit their shots like they did last night, they will be in lots of games this season.

distance40
Freshman Team

Post by distance40 »

Waterford won the other night 70 -18, and as the" filthy one" sorda said i don't see to many team scoring alot on a defense like Waterford has.

SE_Buckeye
Waterboy

Post by SE_Buckeye »

Listen, as much as I HATE to admit it, there is no team in the TVC that can play with Waterford. Federal doesn't even have a chance. I'm not saying fed. hock. doesnt have talent....they do, a lot, but the fact is talent is not enough to win against a team like Waterford. The lady cats not only have talent, but they are also very disciplined, hard working, composed and well coached. It's going to take a miracle (or a lot of underclassmen "way-time") for any TVC team to come within 15 of them.

bballnut
Riding the Bench

Post by bballnut »

TOMCATS are playing better every game>> watch out :mrgreen:

way to go
Waterboy

Post by way to go »

I saw the Tcats on the tube. they are stronger.
they are better than their scores show. it will come together.

GO cats!

bballnut
Riding the Bench

Post by bballnut »

[
BTW ... Federal Hocking did not 'barely' beat Trimble. 67-59 is an 8 point victory, but Trimble was never really in a position to win the game. The Lancers would go up by as many as 10 and 11 points and then Trimlbe would make a couple of shots and the game got somewhat close again; But not once did I see Trimble actually winning the game. PLUS, a game @Trimble is never really easy, I don't care who you are. The 'Cats are solid and if they hit their shots like they did last night, they will be in lots of games this season.
[/quote]

Wasn't the lead cut to 2 or 3 at one point in the 4th qtr?
Trimble didn't play their best and still made a game of it. SO I think "barely beat Trimble" is an accurate statement. The end score doesn't reflect the game when you consider the fouls given to try to get the ball back.

Do-Your-Job
Riding the Bench

Post by Do-Your-Job »

SE_Buckeye wrote:Listen, as much as I HATE to admit it, there is no team in the TVC that can play with Waterford. Federal doesn't even have a chance. I'm not saying fed. hock. doesnt have talent....they do, a lot, but the fact is talent is not enough to win against a team like Waterford. The lady cats not only have talent, but they are also very disciplined, hard working, composed and well coached. It's going to take a miracle (or a lot of underclassmen "way-time") for any TVC team to come within 15 of them.

So was it a miracle last year when Federal Hocking came within a few points of beating Waterford in Stewart? Was is a miracle when Kim Kline and Nelsonville-York controlled much of the game and defeated the Wildcats last season? I know this is a different season and Waterford is good, but I don't think you can say that other teams such as Federal Hocking or Alexander wouldn't have a chance to stay close with them.

SE_Buckeye
Waterboy

Post by SE_Buckeye »

Do-Your-Job wrote:
SE_Buckeye wrote:Listen, as much as I HATE to admit it, there is no team in the TVC that can play with Waterford. Federal doesn't even have a chance. I'm not saying fed. hock. doesnt have talent....they do, a lot, but the fact is talent is not enough to win against a team like Waterford. The lady cats not only have talent, but they are also very disciplined, hard working, composed and well coached. It's going to take a miracle (or a lot of underclassmen "way-time") for any TVC team to come within 15 of them.

So was it a miracle last year when Federal Hocking came within a few points of beating Waterford in Stewart? Was is a miracle when Kim Kline and Nelsonville-York controlled much of the game and defeated the Wildcats last season? I know this is a different season and Waterford is good, but I don't think you can say that other teams such as Federal Hocking or Alexander wouldn't have a chance to stay close with them.

Oh ok...see I thought we were talking about THIS season...the 08-09 season.........I must have gotten confused. I didn't know that what happened last season had so much to do with what would go on this year. Thank you for your great insight ;-)

Bird Watcher
Waterboy

Post by Bird Watcher »

Do-Your-Job wrote:

Do Your Job: honestly no one stands a chance this year with Waterford. Waterford has so much depth and i am almost positive that the back up players getting "way time" can still out play some of the other schools varsity starters. And honestly this is a new season, new teams, new year so my prediction for the 08-09 season is the Wildcats will take it all!! Plus Kim Kline is only one person and last year she had Mead as a teammate. By the way, Nelsonville and Alexander are in the TVC Ohio, not the Hocking if you didnt know.

Return to “Girls Basketball”