Coaching openings

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Coaching openings

Post by Poo Bear »

When was last time combs made it to the convo? How many sectional champs vs league champs?

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Combs has made it to the Convo more in his tenure than the previous 20 years of Vinton County basketball. And take the boys talk to the proper forum.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Pol Pot wrote:Combs has made it to the Convo more in his tenure than the previous 20 years of Vinton County basketball. And take the boys talk to the proper forum.
Great response , thanks for the info

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I don't have the info with me, however, Coach Combs' record is very solid against other DI and DII schools. In fact, he has winning records against every other conference except the MSL. Why? Because, Vinton County has only played Logan Elm out of that conference, to wit, the Vikings are 0-4 against. But he has an impressive record against the MVL, SVC, and SEOAL, and pretty solid against SOC, OVC, and SOCL. Maybe, Dundas could help us. If not, I can this evening. Furthermore, he has more tournament wins than losses. During his tenure, the Vikings have 8 TVC championships, 5 sectional championships, 2 district runner-up finishes, and 1 district championship. In the previous 33 or 34 seasons, the Vikings have only had one other TVC championship and four sectional titles.

It has been updated in two years, but you can always reference this... http://ww2.vinton.k12.oh.us/sports/bbasket/index.php

As far as Coach Dixon, I can only guess. I believe that they were 0-4 against Unioto, 0-4 against Jackson, 0-3 against Marietta, 2-6 against Athens, and we know they were 3-4 in the tournament, wins against Gallia, New Lex, and Fairfield Union, losses to Gallia, FU, Marrietta, and Sheridan, so I am guessing at least 5-25ish counting losses to DI Logan. Just a guess. Dundas?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ty Webb could coach the girls ...... if you can get him off the golf course long enough to commit.

:)

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I was wrong, Coach Dixon was 1-7 against Athens.

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

What kind of teaching positions are available? Or do they already have someone in mind, in house?

Viking Pride
Waterboy

Post by Viking Pride »

Not sure....you could check with the AD Matt Combs, or maybe hawkeyepierce has some info??

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Nickel back, I would have no idea as to what is available. However, you could begin by calling, 740-596-5258 and asking for the Athletic Director or the Principal.

GreenGrass
Freshman Team

Post by GreenGrass »

Word on the street is that Jim Parkes will be returning to the lead the lady Falcons this season.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

According to the schools website, James Parkes is listed as coach. It will be really good to work with him again. A great coach full of knowledge that will lead the Lady Falcons to many wins.

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

Post by zerotosixtynforty »

Cuzin Eddie wrote:southern racine is open?
Coach cell and school hopper....back at PHS I hear....belpre, PHS, Caldwell, warren,southern,again PHS....where next year...

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

Zero,

Who is coach cell and school hopper?

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

And hear Racine Southern was filled with a principal of the middle school. He's been trying to get it for years and the superintendent said principals couldn't coach. But after a board member whined about his freshman daughter not getting enough playing time, they forced the coach out after having the first winning season in like ten years and finishing behind only Eastern and Waterford in the league. And since superintendents daughter is on the team he gave it to the principal lol.

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

mglight88 wrote:According to the schools website, James Parkes is listed as coach. It will be really good to work with him again. A great coach full of knowledge that will lead the Lady Falcons to many wins.

Lady Falcons will be just fine.

Steel Reserve
Riding the Bench

Post by Steel Reserve »

teach123 wrote:And hear Racine Southern was filled with a principal of the middle school. He's been trying to get it for years and the superintendent said principals couldn't coach. But after a board member whined about his freshman daughter not getting enough playing time, they forced the coach out after having the first winning season in like ten years and finishing behind only Eastern and Waterford in the league. And since superintendents daughter is on the team he gave it to the principal lol.
I heard about these shenanigans at the local gas station. These school boards are out of control around here. I think they should do away with school boards myself.

Return to “Girls Basketball”