Ironton vs Alexander.........D3 Athens District 2 Semi Final

Who will win this game

Total votes: 0

Pol pot
SE

Re: Ironton vs Alexander.........D3 Athens District 2 Semi Final

Post by Pol pot »

What about the mental effects of being a yo-yo the second half of the season, after you have put your heart and soul out for four years? Do you think that doesn't have a mental effect?

Hunting185
Riding the Bench

Post by Hunting185 »

Pol Pot wrote:What about the mental effects of being a yo-yo the second half of the season, after you have put your heart and soul out for four years? Do you think that doesn't have a mental effect?

Of course it does! After four years of hard work, this is how he wanted them to remember their last game.....it will be very memorial for them I'm sure.

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

Alexander lost because of the way they played and that is all! Whether Coach Guthrie started one player over the other had no outcome of this game...I personally hope that they do remember this game because if nothing else they learned that if you don't put out and your attitudes are not straight and you don't care about the outcome this is what happens.

There is not substitute for hard work and a good attitude, I know Coach Guthrie is dissappointed in the play of the girls but he is a great coach who teachs not just basketball but lifes lessons, YOU don't know what was said at that last week of practices YOU don't have the whole story so stop trying to cause problems and start up rumors YOU may have not been happy and understood the THE GIRLS know whether they will admit it is another!! A team has to work together with the same goal.

On the up side Alexander DID win the TVC AGAIN, and the SECTIONAL AGAIN......congrats on that

ladyspartanfan
Waterboy

Post by ladyspartanfan »

akwhitewater wrote:Alexander lost because of the way they played and that is all! Whether Coach Guthrie started one player over the other had no outcome of this game...I personally hope that they do remember this game because if nothing else they learned that if you don't put out and your attitudes are not straight and you don't care about the outcome this is what happens.

There is not substitute for hard work and a good attitude, I know Coach Guthrie is dissappointed in the play of the girls but he is a great coach who teachs not just basketball but lifes lessons, YOU don't know what was said at that last week of practices YOU don't have the whole story so stop trying to cause problems and start up rumors YOU may have not been happy and understood the THE GIRLS know whether they will admit it is another!! A team has to work together with the same goal.

On the up side Alexander DID win the TVC AGAIN, and the SECTIONAL AGAIN......congrats on that

Way to take up for your little bro AGAIN. It's over. Move on.......

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

akwhitewater wrote:Alexander lost because of the way they played and that is all! Whether Coach Guthrie started one player over the other had no outcome of this game...I personally hope that they do remember this game because if nothing else they learned that if you don't put out and your attitudes are not straight and you don't care about the outcome this is what happens.

So you are saying, because those are your words above, that those two girls had bad attitudes and were not putting out? Also your words seem to point that those two girls are selfish? Hmmmm....The Volleyball didn't have those problems.

Hunting185
Riding the Bench

Post by Hunting185 »

akwhitewater wrote:Hi everyone, hope this does not turn into a bashing session but I was just curious if anyone had any suggestions on who might be TVC's POY?

It seems to me that after reading all the articles in the Messenger, and following as many games as possible there is one player that really stands out. Whitney Smith from Alexander High School. I know Coach Guthrie hates to single anyone out in the team because of the "team" environment he has fostered.

Whitney seems to consistently be putting up double/doubles. She seems to have really come into her own this past year. I understand that Kelly Kline may also be a contender, but, it seems that maybe Whitney’s stats are a little more impressive (in my opinion) Please if you have any information please let me know. But let’s please keep this post positive.

OK, if she doesn't work hard and has such a bad attitude, why did you post that she should be POY? Either she works hard or she doesn't. Make up her mind. Your family is sure hard to figure out. LOL.

h2o
Riding the Bench

Post by h2o »

akwhitewater- if someone doesnt have the whole story i would say it is YOU !!!
it is the coaches job to mentally prepare a team as well as physically prepare them. These kids left their last practice crying. doubt anyone would think that is good mental preparation. coach guthrie could probably learn from the seniors about how to prepare to win big games. great careers seniors as much as the coach would like to blame you this one is all HIS !

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Wow. It's like they say, when you win everything is great, but lose and everyone starts pointing the finger.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

Did it occur to any Alex fans that maybe Ironton was just a better team and played better on this day.

Hunting185
Riding the Bench

Post by Hunting185 »

The Wizard wrote:Did it occur to any Alex fans that maybe Ironton was just a better team and played better on this day.

"ON THIS DAY"! No doubt, the team was the better team and the coach was the better coach!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Boy, did this one spiral downward quickly.......... :shock:

admar
Riding the Bench

Post by admar »

Get over it!!!!!!!!!!! Shooting 20 % doesn't win a ball game. That is the story in a nutshell. Not those girls sitting out for a couple minutes. This was probably the first game that these two didn't start their whole high school career and that is what has sportsmonster so fired up. I would guess it could be a mom or dad of one of the girls. If not, then they are a close friend or even the kids themselves. Your game is over and there is nothing that can change the results so just forget it. You are making yourselves look bad on her. If I read the rules right, you are not to bash coaches on here. Careful, you might get reported if this keeps on going. Remember the shooting percentage and that is what lost the game for the team. Not the coach. He might be tough on the girls but look at the accomplishments he has made with them. They played for him for 4 years and now that its over he is a bad guy? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Hunting185
Riding the Bench

Post by Hunting185 »

admar wrote:Get over it!!!!!!!!!!! Shooting 20 % doesn't win a ball game. That is the story in a nutshell. Not those girls sitting out for a couple minutes. This was probably the first game that these two didn't start their whole high school career and that is what has sportsmonster so fired up. I would guess it could be a mom or dad of one of the girls. If not, then they are a close friend or even the kids themselves. Your game is over and there is nothing that can change the results so just forget it. You are making yourselves look bad on her. If I read the rules right, you are not to bash coaches on here. Careful, you might get reported if this keeps on going. Remember the shooting percentage and that is what lost the game for the team. Not the coach. He might be tough on the girls but look at the accomplishments he has made with them. They played for him for 4 years and now that its over he is a bad guy? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Speaking of nuts......

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

admar for your info I sat across the floor up in the second set of bleachers and I could hear the coach telling the girls to throw to the post. 25 was open most of the night and the girls must not of felt she was open so they didn't throw the ball into her. SPORTSMONSTER you are a real piece of work the only time you get on her is to bash a coach or a person. In volleyball you were upset because the editor left your kid out of an article so you complained about the coach and the reporter. Then you complain a few weeks ago when your daughter doesn't start against VC, and now here you are again. I have said before, although I may not agree with everything alex's coach does, however if it is true that if the girls were not working hard in practice and they doen't get to start then I respect his decision. Is there something wrong with holding players accountable for their actions? Especially a senior that is supposed to be a leader. If he didn't put up with it all year then why should he during tournaments. Again you need to let it go. H2O you have to be classless everyone knows who you are and you get on here and bash a coach from the same school you coach at. nice....

ladyspartanfan
Waterboy

Post by ladyspartanfan »

birdman wrote:admar for your info I sat across the floor up in the second set of bleachers and I could hear the coach telling the girls to throw to the post. 25 was open most of the night and the girls must not of felt she was open so they didn't throw the ball into her. SPORTSMONSTER you are a real piece of work the only time you get on her is to bash a coach or a person. In volleyball you were upset because the editor left your kid out of an article so you complained about the coach and the reporter. Then you complain a few weeks ago when your daughter doesn't start against VC, and now here you are again. I have said before, although I may not agree with everything alex's coach does, however if it is true that if the girls were not working hard in practice and they doen't get to start then I respect his decision. Is there something wrong with holding players accountable for their actions? Especially a senior that is supposed to be a leader. If he didn't put up with it all year then why should he during tournaments. Again you need to let it go. H2O you have to be classless everyone knows who you are and you get on here and bash a coach from the same school you coach at. nice....

This is really getting ridiculous! You (and the others) need to let it go! People see what they see. Drop it. This is really getting embarrassing for the girls.

It is very unfair of you to get on here and say that certain people are under the above mentioned codenames when you have no idea. Since you are so ready to name names, tell us who you are and that would be factual information. Information that you know and not think that you know. I would love the opportunity to talk with you face to face and you can fill me in more on how you think the girls do not work hard and how they are not leaders.

Let's wish Ironton good luck on Saturday (and our friends at Federal Hocking) good luck on Saturday and be positive for a change!

spartacat
Freshman Team

Post by spartacat »

I have to agree with ladyspartanfan...the game is over.

Only the coach and players know why certain players did or did not start...it should be left in the locker room. I don't think we as fans have the right to get on this site and "preach the gospel" of what should have or shouldn't have been done during the game. It is sooooooooo easy to coach a game once it has been played. Do I agree with everything any coach, whether it be Coach Guthrie or any other coach from any other school, does? No. Do I put in the time during the summer and season preparing a team to do its best? No. Do I have the right to judge any coach? No. I do have my opinions, but don't get on this site and say my opinions are right. Everyone has an opinion and that is life. All we can do is thank the seniors for the past 4 years of great basketball!

Let's pull together and wish luck to Ironton.

I do, however, wish more luck to the Federal Hocking Lady Lancers...not only because they are a cross county rival but great group of folks. :)

Hunting185
Riding the Bench

Post by Hunting185 »

I wish the best of luck to Federal Hocking and to Ironton and nothing but the best for those senior girls from the Alexander team.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Good luck the Athens county teams!!!!!!!!!
Bring it home girls!!!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”