Freshman Team

Re: TVC POY

Post by akwhitewater »

Nicely said - - Boomhauer

Steel Reserve
Riding the Bench

Post by Steel Reserve »

Pol Pot wrote:Coach Wolfe cannot vote for his own Daughter as coaches cannot vote for their players. So I look for this to be a four to three vote.

I think you are wrong. Anyway, Kim Kline clearly deserves this award. They are all great players, but she is the best.

admar
Riding the Bench

Post by admar »

Everyone has their opinion on who should get POY but it will all come down to the coaches votes. Regardless of who we would like to see get this award. There are many talented atheletes out there that could get this award.

Miss Kline for NY is a good player. She has set 2 records at the school that is something that most atheletes will never do. Great for her. She also is a good team player at times. I think she pretty much had to tow the load in most games this year. The points come pretty easy for her for all the time she has put into shooting in the off season. I am sure you can always find her in a gym somewhere shooting basketball. Good luck to her in college. I hope she sticks out the 4 years of basketball and makes a name for herself in the big leagues.

Miss Smith for Alex is a good player as well. She works hard all over the floor. She allows her team the chance to score points. She seems to be very unselfish. I hear that she is close to breaking the 1000 point mark herself. What an accomplishment for a kid who cares about everyone and not just herself. I am sure had she been on any other team she would have made the 1000 point mark her junior year. What an outstanding young athelete all around. Good luck

These are just my opinion which is like butt holes, everyone has one so it doesn't mean much. Just wanted to put my two cents worth in

Co-POY would be awesome for both of these young ladies. Keep working hard ladies and good luck in tournament and in your futures.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Coaches can not vote on their own players.

sports mom 09
Freshman Team

Post by sports mom 09 »

So, When does the voting take place?

buckfever
Riding the Bench

Post by buckfever »

I think both ladies are excellent players and they both make a difference in their team. I don't think you can use the justification that one team would be at the bottom with their star and the other team would be okay without them. If this was used one might say that is why their scoring stats are lower.
I know both of these athletes are singled out by opposing teams and have to overcome great defensive pressure to perform the way they do. But when thinking about the league MVP I think you need to look at the whole player, on both sides of the ball, rebounding, steals, etc. I also think you need to look at attitude. How the present them self on the court. Like pointing at the opposing team when you do something good or how you treat your own teammates. Do either of these girls put down their own players or lay blame on the others? Do they talk their team up and try to make them more successful. Do they handle the pressure in a positve way when the pressure is too much? Are they competitors while representing their school or the TVC in a respectable manner?

I am not saying this about either athlete I am just asking the questions I don't think any one is thinking of. I get tired of hearing the stuff about one gets left in the game to pad stats, etc. That to me is irrelevent, that is a difference in coaching styles, don't take away from the Ladies accomplishments. They are both full and plenty. They have both proven themselves the 4 years they have played so we need to find a way to seperate the 2.

Good luck to both ladies, I would love to see a co mvp. I have enjoyed watching you both play and you will be greatly missed next season. I wish you the best of luck in your future.

Sportsmom they will vote sunday but it won't be out till all teams are out of the tourney, which I hope is a long time away.

bballinfo2
Waterboy

Post by bballinfo2 »

If their is a CO MVP it should be with Catie Wolfe of Meigs. Take Wolfe off Meigs and see what happens ( more than likely they dont get ball up the floor ) MVP is what a player means to thier respective team ! PPG doesnt mean MVP !

Who is better for their team ? Wolfe
Who had a better statline ? Wolfe 17.5 ppg , 6 apg and who knows how many steals
Who had a better career ? Wolfe 1200 Points ( Meigs 2nd All -Time leading scorer

Meigs split with Nelsonville on the year ! And The Lady Marauders finished alone at 3rd place in TVC Ohio.

Jake Roberts
Freshman Team

Post by Jake Roberts »

Pol Pot wrote:Coaches can not vote on their own players.

Pol Pot, they can vote for their own players, someone gave you incorrect info.

h2o
Riding the Bench

Post by h2o »

most of polpots info is incorrect.

bballinfo2-hilarious ?.. that would be trying to put wolfe ahead of smith.

wolfe- 0 tvc championships, 0 2nd place finishes, 0 sectional championships, 0 district championships, 0 regional championships. 1 - 3rd place finish in 4YEARS

smith....2 many championships to mention, and basketball is a TEAM sport. which player makes their team great ? hmmmn.. that would have to be smith since wolfe has never even played on a successful team.

Bravo3
Waterboy

Post by Bravo3 »

bballinfo2 wrote:Who had a better career ? Wolfe 1200 Points ( Meigs 2nd All -Time leading scorer

Exactly how many points did Wolfe end up with for her career?

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

It does not matter "where her team would finish without her" or "who won the league" or "how many tourney wins", etc. etc...

The MVP is the most valuable player in the league. Not most valuable player on their team. They have their own awards from their team... And "deserving" does not really apply here because they all worked hard and "deserve" it.

It's like a draft. If you were starting a new team, who is the player you would pick first. That in a nutshell is your best (POY or MVP) player in the league.

JMHO

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

KIM KLINE #1 draft pick of the .........

bluetraveler
Riding the Bench

Post by bluetraveler »

I have no dog in this fight,but seems either of these girls ,if choosen POY would deserve it.
DMB IMO if you go though all forums you will find that Athens78 arrely has posts that are not negitive in some way.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Stats are always blown up because the coach or kids keep them. Points yes you can figure that pretty easy but the other stats like assists, rebounds, steals and such can be adjusted to help sell the case of POY or just to make th all league team and it does happen.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

The all-TVC lists, both Hocking and Ohio Divisions and both boys and girls, are not released until all teams are out of the tournaments.

They have to be released by the league to the media. That won't happen until all teams are out.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Normally coaches tell there team and kids after the meeting and for the most part it gets out through the kids and parents who tell people before it's every in the media.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

athens78.....Yeah, that normally happens. But when it makes its way to people and on sites such this before being released by the league and announced by the media, it's a leak.

Return to “Girls Basketball”