SP vs. Minford 2-9-09

osumufan
SE

Re: SP vs. Minford 2-9-09

Post by osumufan »

Could we let it rest? The kids I am sure have moved on I think you all should too! Go Pointers beat the Grove!

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

Yeah, I know we lost. So what. You are the one making contradictions; especially about not being able to be beat and it your same comment you posted that we can't beat Oak HIll, I was merely stating that you are not unbeatable like you think. The guy is intitled to his own opinion just as you are. Not a sore loser just stating the facts.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Mrs. Bradburn,
The article you are looking for is in the Portsmouth Daily Times on Tuesday Feb.10!!!

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

Thanks, whoever you are.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

THE NEXT LEVEL wrote:I know the rules. And no it wasn't a walk. Its a common mistake with fans who aren't licensed officials or know someone that is. Just ask any official. SP is a very good team that will do very well in tournament and who should've been given the #1 seed. Good luck in tournament!

I believe the reason South Point didn't get the #1 seed is because their only loss was hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Oak Hill who got the number one seed!

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

I apologize, a person from SP told me they were 2nd to Federal Hocking. After checking, I see that its Oak Hill. My mistake!! And check with more than one official..not a SP parent, I know several officials and the confirmed that you are allowed to slide across the length of the floor if thats what happens, the minute it stops and the player tries to roll over, move in any way AFTER that, unless theyre dribbling, thats where the infraction takes place. Any official who attended a good glass went over and over this. This is the most common misconception by fans. Thats why so many people scream and the call is not made. The Minford coach called time out immediately..thus the no call..now..move on!!! And I apologize again to Oak Hill for receiving the wrong info! :oops:

buddyholly
Freshman Team

Post by buddyholly »

Minford and South Point fans;

I wonder who will go further in the post season? Which ever team goes the furthest will have the last word about how good their team REALLY WAS? But unfortunately the referees may have a BIG impact on every tourney game.

I pray NOT!!!!!

hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

I was a referee for 14 years. The Next Level is right on the travel call. I just wish everyone knew it, it would save some grief. Minford is a dangerous team and everyone should watch out for them come tournament time. If they could get all the players on this team playing together, I think you would have a hard time stopping them. Thats been their downfall all year. They have guards playing hard defense and in the post, you can't score on them. Probably the best in the SOC. South Point has a strong point guard and other good players. These teams should do good in the tournament.

FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

http://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/pa ... umn&open=&

Not much of an article, but in the Sports Roundup of the Portsmouth Daily Times.

Minford 63, South Point 56

Whitney McManus scored 21 points and Breslyn Harris and Kelly Martin scored 16 each as the Lady Falcons downed South Point.

"I was really pleased with the bench and how our substitutions went tonight," Minford coach Mark Cheney said. "We played a good team game tonight against a really good team."

Minford hosts Wheelersburg on Thursday night.

South Point 14 11 18 13 — 56

Minford 13 18 11 21 — 63

South Point — Mitchell 2 0 4, Fletcher 4 2 10, Goodall 3 0 9, Leighty 3 1 7, Bradburn 9 3 21, Taylor 1 3 5. Totals 22 9 56.

Minford — McManus 6 8 21, Martin 5 5 16, Justice 1 0 2, Conrad 4 0 8, Harris 7 0 16. Totals 23 12 63.

3-pointers — South Point 3 (Goodall 3); Minford 4 (Harris 2, McManus, Martin)

Record — Minford 13-6

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

Thanks for the article post.

Good luck to both teams in the tourney.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Hilljack wrote:I was a referee for 14 years. The Next Level is right on the travel call. I just wish everyone knew it, it would save some grief. Minford is a dangerous team and everyone should watch out for them come tournament time. If they could get all the players on this team playing together, I think you would have a hard time stopping them. Thats been their downfall all year. They have guards playing hard defense and in the post, you can't score on them. Probably the best in the SOC. South Point has a strong point guard and other good players. These teams should do good in the tournament.

As an Oak Hill Lady Oaks fan, I have to strongly disagree with the part of the comment "best in the SOC." I feel we have the best team in every position and a good bench to back us up. IMO only.

hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

IMO Lady Oaks have the best team in the SOC. But I've watched both teams many times and Lady Falcons Donahoe, Martin, and Justice are very good defenders and from the stats I've seen on here held the South Point point guard much better than the Lady Oaks. Conrad in the post is the best defender I've seen this year. It's just my opinion. My pick for best team is with the Lady Oaks. I like many teams in this conference. If you look at all the teams there are many great players. I wasn't trying to put anyone down. I was just recognizing good defense is all.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Hilljack wrote:IMO Lady Oaks have the best team in the SOC. But I've watched both teams many times and Lady Falcons Donahoe, Martin, and Justice are very good defenders and from the stats I've seen on here held the South Point point guard much better than the Lady Oaks. Conrad in the post is the best defender I've seen this year. It's just my opinion. My pick for best team is with the Lady Oaks. I like many teams in this conference. If you look at all the teams there are many great players. I wasn't trying to put anyone down. I was just recognizing good defense is all.

Did you happen to see the game with Minford at Oak Hill? I think the younger Butler kid did a great job on Justice. As far as SP point guard, I haven't seen anyone who could stay with her this year. But, I didn't see the Minford/SP game.

hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

Yes I saw that game and Butler did a good job. I also saw the Valley/Oaks game :? . But I think the stats speak for themselves. The South Point guard only scored 10 and shes a force! It's just my opinion. Minford has great perimeter and post defense.

Flock_92
Freshman Team

Post by Flock_92 »

Sounds like I missed a very good game. I have been reading these posts and didn't know that sp had so many whiners. Good luck lady Falcons!!!!

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

falconbacker92 wrote:Sounds like I missed a very good game. I have been reading these posts and didn't know that sp had so many whiners. Good luck lady Falcons!!!!

Everyone thinks people from south point are whiners.But the truth is they are wrong, just because we actually care about our sports teams here and love our school.We just want to see the games called the same for both sides.

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

buddyholly wrote:Minford and South Point fans;

I wonder who will go further in the post season? Which ever team goes the furthest will have the last word about how good their team REALLY WAS? But unfortunately the referees may have a BIG impact on every tourney game.

I pray NOT!!!!!

looks like South Point REALLY was good making it to the elite 8.I remember someone saying on this forum that South Point would not make a deep run into the tourny but just cant find their post.GUESS THEY WERE WRONG HUH!

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

THAT'S RIGHT!

GO POINTERS!!! It doesn't matter what anybody else may think of you girls, you have proven you DESERVE to be where you are at. Whether your journey stops or goes beyond the Elite 8 BE PROUD! Just know your entire community supports you and I am sure anybody who is able to make it to the game Saturday will. Goodluck!

Idolized or Despised...either way Recognized :-D

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Congratulations on your tournament run! But lets look @ who you beat..Ironton..which Minford beat..and Federal Hocking which Minford scrimmaged preseason and won every qtr decisevly. Now your going against the team that knocked Minford out..lets see the end of this game to see who has the last word. Remember, your only 2 losses this yr was Minford and Oak Hill! :roll: But in good sprortsmanship, Goodluck!

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

THE NEXT LEVEL wrote:Congratulations on your tournament run! But lets look @ who you beat..Ironton..which Minford beat..and Federal Hocking which Minford scrimmaged preseason and won every qtr decisevly. Now your going against the team that knocked Minford out..lets see the end of this game to see who has the last word. Remember, your only 2 losses this yr was Minford and Oak Hill! :roll: But in good sprortsmanship, Goodluck!

That what happens when you have a great regular season and get to play the better teams later in the tourny.So I believe we have the last word.

Return to “Girls Basketball”