Riding the Bench

Re: Girls District Finals at the Convo

Post by IMK01 »

GW - I always knew you had a high IQ - and you've just proven it :lol:

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

IMK01 wrote:GW - I always knew you had a high IQ - and you've just proven it :lol:

You are too generous. I'm just throwing the obvious out there....

buddyholly
Freshman Team

Post by buddyholly »

I sure hope the Southeastern Ohio District Athletic Board decided to ask that the lower level floor seats (which use to be the bleachers ) in the Convo be down for the girls district finals next week!!!! If not, then I guess I'll just have yell 10 times louder as any fanatic would do.

Does anyone know for sure what the seating is going top be? And what time the doors will open?

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

I know all of the coaches have a meeting in Athens tomorrow so hopefully we'll be able to find out about the bleachers.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

If the attendance is like it was for the semi's at Waverly (DIII) the lower bleachers is all you'll need. Very poor turn-out.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Fed Hock at good turnout at Waverly. Seems as though Zane Trace and Lynchburg Clay also had good turnout, as there wasn't a place to park prior to the Alex/Ironton game today. Now, Alex had a fairly good crowd for game two, but Ironton's support was pretty thin.......

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:If the attendance is like it was for the semi's at Waverly (DIII) the lower bleachers is all you'll need. Very poor turn-out.

The one problem with the district semis set up is that they have been spread out over 5 days. There were two games Thursday, two this afternoon, with two (Oak Hill/Huntington and North Adams/Minford) to be played Monday night. It makes it difficult for people to try to attend multiple sessions if they are spread out that much, along with boys tournament taking place.

Hopefully there will be a great crowd Monday night at the Downtown Gym in Waverly, with plenty of Green and Gold!!!

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

socfan wrote:Hopefully there will be a great crowd Monday night at the Downtown Gym in Waverly, with plenty of Green and Gold!!!

I second that socfan! Come on North Adams fans! Let's have a HUGE showing Monday night!!!!!!

buddyholly
Freshman Team

Post by buddyholly »

Does anyone know if the lower level seating going to be put down or not? And what time will the doors be open?

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

they said at the tournament draw that the bleachers would be out

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

I heard at the meeting yesterday the coaches were told that the bleacher will not be pulled out. I hate that but what can you do? Guess we'll just have to yell louder!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

may be true, especially after the small crowds at districts so far.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

I don't understand why they won't pull them out! It doesn't make sense to me. It can't be that much more work for the OU staff. Push a button out they come! Push a button in they go! Maybe that is pretty hard for a Bobcat to handle! :lol: :lol:

Sincerely,
a University of Akron Alum Class of '99

GO ZIPS!!!!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist to get a shot in on the OU faithful.) ;-)

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

athens78 wrote:
I heard it is a possibility that the bleachers will be pulled out. How many perks have the boys got throughout the years to get to play at the Convo? It is about time the girls get a little extra for once.

Girls have gotten extra every since title 9 period. If the Bleachers are out for the girls then the men should yell title 9, title 9 like girls do all the time. I don't care if Waterford or Oak Hill both make it there (and they will) I've seen both there crowds and all though they have nice crowds at a high school it will be small in OU. You can't use the reasoning the boys get to play at OU. They play because they bring bigger crowds then most OU games.

I do think it's nice the girls get to play there but it's still silly. I like most people in the area will attend the boys games again this year but won't go watch the girls, just not as exciting.

obviously you haven't been to a girls bball game in a while. the girls are more fundamentally sound as well as less showboating. im considering the source(athens).

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Girls basketball in S.E. Ohio is not fundamentally sound and neither is the Boys.

They probably didn't pull the bleachers out because they never do for a boys game.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

athens78 wrote:Girls basketball in S.E. Ohio is not fundamentally sound and neither is the Boys.

They probably didn't pull the bleachers out because they never do for a boys game.

Don't know much about your team but we are fundamentally sound in Oak Hill and all around the SOC II. It shows when you see that we still have 4 teams in the tourney and you just don't andvance that far without some fundamentals.
Last edited by lady_oaks_fan3362 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

ok there may be a total of a dozen teams on the girls and boys side that are fundamentally sound in the whole state. Of course most of those are private schools or schools that have had the best players from other districts move into their district.

buddyholly
Freshman Team

Post by buddyholly »

Since Waterford plays at 11:00 a.m., does anyone know what time the doors will be open and the pass gate??

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

athens78 wrote:
I heard it is a possibility that the bleachers will be pulled out. How many perks have the boys got throughout the years to get to play at the Convo? It is about time the girls get a little extra for once.

Girls have gotten extra every since title 9 period. If the Bleachers are out for the girls then the men should yell title 9, title 9 like girls do all the time. I don't care if Waterford or Oak Hill both make it there (and they will) I've seen both there crowds and all though they have nice crowds at a high school it will be small in OU. You can't use the reasoning the boys get to play at OU. They play because they bring bigger crowds then most OU games.

I do think it's nice the girls get to play there but it's still silly. I like most people in the area will attend the boys games again this year but won't go watch the girls, just not as exciting.

God forbid we want our daughters treated like our sons. I am not sure what has happened to you in your life but that boulder on your shoulder is obstructing everyones view. get over yourself. I for one am glad that you won't be at the girls games. They are far from BORING.

Return to “Girls Basketball”