Oak Hill vs. Fairland

supermama
Freshman Team

Re: Oak Hill vs. Fairland

Post by supermama »

Best of luck to Terra and Channey from Eagle country!

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

supermama wrote:Best of luck to Terra and Channey from Eagle country!
awww thanx:) luv u guys!!! keep playn tough...and keep those heads held high!!!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

You will always find people on here that jumped on board the bandwagon of their team and that is fine, the more the merrier. But the key thing is being able to sort through the junk that clogs up these boards to see the truth.

The truth is Fairland is a VERY good team. You do not get to the regionals without being very good. There were 199 teams and now there are 16. You do the math. If Fairland shoots the ball the way they did in the first half of the first meeting then they will be very difficult to beat.

The rest of the truth is that Oak Hill is a better team with Lakin Caudill. You don't have to think that Oak Hill is going to win to not understand that they are a better team when she is on the floor. Her being back allows them to do things that they weren't able to do in the first game. Will that be enough to get the win? I don't know, know one does. That is the beauty of the whole thing.

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

MightyOaksFan wrote:You will always find people on here that jumped on board the bandwagon of their team and that is fine, the more the merrier. But the key thing is being able to sort through the junk that clogs up these boards to see the truth.

The truth is Fairland is a VERY good team. You do not get to the regionals without being very good. There were 199 teams and now there are 16. You do the math. If Fairland shoots the ball the way they did in the first half of the first meeting then they will be very difficult to beat.

The rest of the truth is that Oak Hill is a better team with Lakin Caudill. You don't have to think that Oak Hill is going to win to not understand that they are a better team when she is on the floor. Her being back allows them to do things that they weren't able to do in the first game. Will that be enough to get the win? I don't know, know one does. That is the beauty of the whole thing.
u always know just what to say-very nice and well put :)

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I take it back, 15 teams left. Liberty Benton moved on to the regional finals tonight.

sohio131
Waterboy

Post by sohio131 »

I will say Fairland by less than 5. The entire game will be close. Whoever wins this will have there hands full in their next game as they will most likely play Columbus Africentric Early College.

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

I will pick Oak Hill. Coach Hale is one of the best coaches in the state. Caudill will make a big difference and Oak Hill is playing with a swagger they never had before tournaments. If you watch their actions on the floor you can tell they are not the same team as earlier in the year. With so many seniors on the team they will make sure they do what it takes to make it back to state

badger
Riding the Bench

Post by badger »

GAME DAY!!!!!!!!!!! GO LADY OAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

As I have seen these teams play multiple times this year I am cheering and hoping for Fairland to win but as we all know in recent history Oak Hill Come tournament time TURNS IT ON! The first time they met Oak Hill without Caudill and I think they overlooked the Dragons which gave Fairland the clear advantage. Now with Caudill back and Oak HIll knowing the task at hand look for them to be primed and ready to go. Both teams are well coached and I look for a great matchup. It will be close from start to finish and Oak Hill wins by 7. But I will say Doodluck Lady Dragons bring it back to Lawrence County and for the OVC!

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

ohst#1 wrote:
Downtown wrote:Ohst#1, you look like the fool not being able to properly put a sentence together! I've seen better grammar in chicken coop ink scratch! By the way, anytime you use "I," it should always be capitalized.
u can take your grammar lesson and stick it where the sun DONT shine :lol:
you mad bro? seems like someone can't stay off of Caudill's back. Jealous she's better?? ha

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

oak_a_holic wrote:
ohst#1 wrote:
Downtown wrote:Ohst#1, you look like the fool not being able to properly put a sentence together! I've seen better grammar in chicken coop ink scratch! By the way, anytime you use "I," it should always be capitalized.
u can take your grammar lesson and stick it where the sun DONT shine :lol:
you mad bro? seems like someone can't stay off of Caudill's back. Jealous she's better?? ha
no not mad-found it funny-i find alot of people on here funny-this site- i use for amusment-its all GOOD :lol:

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GAME ON LADY DRAGONS-PLAY TOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dream_crusher80
Riding the Bench

Post by dream_crusher80 »

GOOD LUCK Lady Oaks!!!!!!!!!

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

I think allot of people are underestimating the difference Caudill will make in this game. Her rebounding and defense will make this a totally different game even if she doesn't score a point.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I compared Lakin being out to Polamalu being out for the Steelers on defense. Her being in the lineup allows other players to roam and take chances a little more because they know that she is the last line of defense and that she will slow them down enough for the back rotation to get back. With her out they did not have that safety net behind them. That is exactly what happened to the Steelers when they were without Polamalu. He makes so many plays and they are so comfortable with him back there that the rest of the team can focus on doing other things.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

For what it is worth, this will be the Oak Hill senior's 12th game at the Convo.

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

Yes but most people did not give oak hill much credit againest adena the other day. Yes fairland has to be good to be undefeated. I think the game will be different this time then in the first meeting. We have lakin playing and we will know more about them from our first match- up. Go lady oaks.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

HERE WE GO OAK HILL. HERE WE GO!! :aaaaa41

Vladd
Freshman Team

Post by Vladd »

Getting ready to leave for the Convo and looking forward to a great game between two very great Teams. I think that fact that Oak Hill has been in this type of game many times over the years will be a edge for the Oaks. All of his players play as a group and not depend on one or two players. The Seniors on this team have been playing in high pressure games now for all 4 years playing. The Convo has been kind to them every time they play there. Fairland is a great Team as well. They are well coached and have some great players as well. No matter what the out come, all the players, including the ones on the bench supporting the players on the floor, are all winners. For the Seniors on both teams, for one team it will be their last High School game, unless they play in some of the all star teams after the season is over. I want to wish you all the best in your future and hope for nothing but the best for all of you.

Some of the posts that have been made on this forum before the game has been nothing but funny and made no sense at all. If you have to stoop so low to attach the players when they don't even know them, but are basing their comments on their point of view from watching one or two games or have never ever watched them play. We just need to remember that High School Sports are not about anyone but the young people playing. I have read some posts not just on this forum but it seems like the majority of the forums anymore, you have people not discussing the positive things about their team, but attack the players without not knowing what they are talking about. Usually it is the some posters that just want to get on here and talk crap and get people fired up.. We as adults need to learn to grow up and support the teams with respect and above all do it with class instead of embarrassing the players and themselves.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

thill2010 wrote:Can Someone from Oak Hill get me a ticket to tomorrow night's game
I got an e-mail from the ohsaa and they say plenty will be available at the convo gate.

Return to “Girls Basketball”