Lady Chiefs

qualified101
SEO

Re: Lady Chiefs

Post by qualified101 »

well, since its out there now. 101 family wishes loryn a fast and uncomplicated recovery. your skills, leadership, and personality will be greatly missed this season.

sitting in the stands
Riding the Bench

Post by sitting in the stands »

I apologize to Loryn and her family if this was spoken too soon. Since it was moving through the high school ranks, I was under the impression that everyone knew what had happened. Still doesn't change my good wishes for her and her recovery, however short or long it will be.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

No apology needed. The word is out because of so many wonderful friends that care about Loryn, no other reason. She's a lucky girl to have those kind of people in her life. Thanks for the support and kind words. This is going to be one of those life challenging events for her. Plain and simple, she loves the game and her team.

tufenhunden
Waterboy

Post by tufenhunden »

Best wishes to Loryn and her family.

This young lady is a true talent on and off the court.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logangrad wrote:
sitting in the stands wrote:I believe that Gregg Landis is to be the new freshmen girls coach. Surprising as to how a female sport such as the Ladies program has NO female coaches.
Another piece of sad news. Loryn Cassidy is out for the season with a knee injury. I feel really bad for her. She is an excellent ball player and will be greatly missed. Best of luck to her as she undergoes surgery and the healing process. She will be back next season I am sure.

I wonder if they even WANTED that information out there to anyone close to the program, let alone the public yet??? Why would you post that? Do her parents want that out there?

The news about her was printed in the Logan daily last week

Thats all I am saying on it, but read more and post less.....

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go Lady Chiefs

SOMAGIC
JV Team

Post by SOMAGIC »

Want to wish Loryn a speedy recovery!!! We hate it so badly for her. Basketball is her life and she IS A PLAYER!!! The lady chiefs will miss her; however, I know Loryn...she will work so hard after surgery in PT that it wouldn't surprise me at all if we don't see her on the court around tournament time or at least begging her coach to allow her to play. She's young which will help in the healing process, strong willed and she will do everything she can to get back on the court. I know one thing...coach Walsh will have a great assistant coach for a while!!! If you or your family needs anything we are a phone call away!!!

Good luck to Brooke, Bailey, Danielle, Katie and all the other lady chiefs. Have a great 2009-2010 year. Plan to be at some games.

shakennotstirred
Waterboy

Post by shakennotstirred »

thank goodness logan has a very experienced point guard in klingenburg to fill in for the injured cassady, not to mention 3 or 4 sure handed juniors that could fill in the gaps. the only thing left is to get rid of the junior high oriented sideline break that logan runs every time down the court.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

now you've done it sns.

go chiefs!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... after school today was the first of the TRYOUTS for the Lady Chiefs grades 9-12 ... how were the numbers in all grades ?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... today, Saturday, Oct. 31st, Halloween AND the LAST day for girls hoops tryouts at LHS ... who's in? who's out? grades 9-12 ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Lady Purple 2009-10

Dec 01 Athens
Dec 05 Jackson
Dec 12 Gallia Academy
Dec 16 Groveport
Dec 19 Warren
Dec 21 Watterson
Dec 23 Marietta

Dec 30 Ironton

Jan 09 Portsmouth
Jan 11 Fairfield Union

Jan 13 Chillicothe
Jan 16 Jackson
Jan 23 Gallia
Jan 27 Marietta
Jan 30 Warren

Feb 03 Chillicothe
Feb 06 Ironton
Feb 08 Lancaster
Feb 10 Vinton County
Feb 13 Portsmouth

sitting in the stands
Riding the Bench

The Lady Chiefs players this season from what I have heard and those that I have talked with: Seniors Kristy Klingenberg and Chelsea Evans ( small number of seniors considering how many were playing their freshmen year) Juniors; Abbie Linton, Stephanie Murphy, Abigail Graf, Bailey Topf, Jennifer Hoag, Brooke Sampson, Caitlin Smith, (Loryn Cassady would be in this mix, best of luck to her in her recovery) 8 out of 14 players that started hoops their freshmen year. Sophomores; Candice Kilbarger, Danielle Collins, Jacque McClain, Brooke Simons, Kayla Starlin, (lost 3 players from last year). That would make 14 ladies between Varsity and JV squads (not counting any freshmen they might pull up) Freshmen; don't know who these ladies are or the numbers, I was told about 7 to 8 Freshmen girls were coming out. A couple of names I know that were at the open gyms last week, Devon Shaw and Abbie Hughes, not sure of others.
Best of Luck Ladies.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

sits. These numbers seem to be pretty firm based on your info. 14 players on the varsity and jv squads. All these players are quite capable on competing at this level. Some talk of a couple freshmen moving up to JV. Playing your first seven with a mix after that is pretty basic. Between both teams I think they will both do very well in the league. Over the past several years volleyball, golf, softball have supplied the natural attrition to a players favorite or preferred sport. This year with just 2 seniors is unusual and looking ahead to next year there could be eight seniors.

Nagol1
Freshman Team

Post by Nagol1 »

All is running well this year!

sitting in the stands
Riding the Bench

Ran well last year!

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Ran well the year before that.

dave
Riding the Bench

Post by dave »

Ok folks,

The AD just made you head coach of the Lady Chiefs. Who is your starting 5?

Return to “Girls Basketball”