South Webster & New Boston

Who wins

Poll ended at Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:20 pm

Total votes: 0

favabeans
Varsity

Re: South Webster & New Boston

Post by favabeans »

a_c_m is right. Wiley is an excellent player and we don't need to compare her and Cook. They both work their hindends off to get where they are at and we shouldn't be knocking either one of them. Of course I will be cheering for Cook and the rest of my Jeeps come Saturday but I still respect everything that Wiley does.

whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

This sounds like it will be an easy night for both teams. They can chill on the bench while the two Kaylas play one on one. Whoever wins that team gets the championship :) But, then again, it is tournament time and ANYTHING can happen!

Good luck to both teams!

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

i agree a_c_m, they are both tremendous talents..i hope thats spelled right haha but both wiley and cook are amazing ball players and people. its going 2 b very exciting 2 watch them both compete against each other.

good luck 2 both teams!

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

24 hrs til tip!!!! GOOD LUCK JEEPS!!!!!!

route93
Freshman Team

Post by route93 »

SENDEM wrote:KAYLA is the BEST OUT OF EITHER SOC DIVISIONS :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!

She's the best ball hog in both SOC's.

South Jeepster
Riding the Bench

Post by South Jeepster »

route93 wrote:
SENDEM wrote:KAYLA is the BEST OUT OF EITHER SOC DIVISIONS :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!

She's the best ball hog in both SOC's.

Maybe we should ask FLORIDA, OHIO STATE, TENNESSEE, and all the other D1 schools that want her, who is the best in the SOC!
So please don't pick at her for being so good, she is getting the SOC looked at.
If she was a ball hog and not a team player they would not want her.
Last edited by South Jeepster on Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

good luck to both teams represent the soc well

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

acm: agreed...this game will be more than about two players. The best team will win this game.

South Jeepster: LOL...well said. I chuckle at these threads with people naming other players in the league as being better than Cook (usually the reasoning is that se just shoots too much to get her points). Schools like that aren't sniffing around a D4 school in Southern Ohio unless the kid can play. I'm personally hoping she ends up at tOSU, but will follow her wherever she ends up. Great family for sure, and great kid from what I hear.*

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Good luck to the Lady Jeeps from Lady Wildcat Country.

softballlife16
Waterboy

Post by softballlife16 »

Kayla Cook a ball hog??? You have got to be kidding!!!! Ohio State is heavily after her, so is Florida and Tennessee. Ohio State was at the District Semi game last saturday! When that game was over they left!!! You dont get this kid of recognition as a junior if you a ball hog! Have some respect!!! This girl deserves all the attention she is getting. She sets goals and accomplishes the goals, works her tail off year round and is constantly working on her game! She has past the ball off numberous times when people wonders why didnt she finish that off. The whole jeeps team is the best of friends and respect each other! They have great team chemistry. So please give her the credit she deserves instead of the comments from nothing but pure jealousy!

GO LADY JEEPS! SHOW THEM HOW YOU ARE READY AND BRING HOME THE DISTRICT TITLE AGAIN!!!!!!!!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Today is the day! I am proud of both the Lady Jeeps and the Lady Tigers for what they have accomplished over the past few years. Good Luck to both teams in this game today!

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Good luck to the Lady Jeeps today. Bring home another District title!

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Great too see two local teams at it for a District Championship, have another tonight, but rooting for the Jeeps in this one.
However, the winner today will advance to Regional play at Pinkerington North High School March 12th at 6:15 p.m. vs. Harvest Prepatory.

The_Intimidator
Riding the Bench

Post by The_Intimidator »

End of 3rd quarter

South Webster 29
New Boston 26

5:00 left in 4th
39-31 South Webster leads
42-31 South Webster--- 4:30 left
44-32 South Webster---3:30 left
46-34 South Webster--?? unsure time

Time out 2:27 to go--- 46-34 South Webster leads

48-34 South Webster--2:00
48-39 South Webster 1:16 left
Wiley hits a free throw time out 48-40 South Webster 1:06
Cook hits a free throw 49-40 South Webster leads under a minute to go

53-40 South Webster 21 seconds left.

As far as 107.5 goes
Kayla Cook led the Lady Jeeps with 21 points
Kayla Wiley led the Lady Tigers with 19 points

FINAL SCORE
South Webster:53
New Boston: 40
Last edited by The_Intimidator on Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

a lot closer thaqn I thought. Good game by the Tigers

basketballparent
Freshman Team

Post by basketballparent »

CONRATULATIONS LADY JEEPS!!!
PROUD OF ALL OF YOU!

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

The South Webster Lady Jeeps advance to Regional play at Pinkerington North High School March 12th at 6:15 p.m. vs. Harvest Prepatory.
Go Jeeps from a Falcon Fan!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Great game by both teams!

Great effort by the Lady Tigers!

Congratulations to the Lady Jeeps and Good Luck in the Regionals.!

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Way to go Jeeps!! Your shots weren't falling today but you never gave up. Hope everyone gets over the bug that's been bothering them and you're back 100% come Thursday.

The Tigers left it on the floor today. You have worked you butts off the last 3 years to get to where you are. Good luck to all of you in the future. Has Wiley decided if she will be playing ball in college and if so where?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

First time I've had the chance to see either of these teams play until today. In warm ups, I didn't think New Boston had a chance. Well that is why you play, because those girls can play. Wiley is a fine player, great ball handler, and competitor. Her shake and bake, behind the back, splitting the defenders on the break, and putting Kayla Cook on her backside had the fans going Owh and Aw!!!!

Cook is a fine player, I really liked her energy and tenacity. I must say though, she really forced some shots at times, that helped keep NB in the game.

The player that impressed me the most was #35 for New Boston. She was giving up about 5 inches in the post, and she more than held her own. In the first 4 minutes of the game, she had eight rebounds. I believe that she ended up somewhere between 18 and 20 rebounds for the game. Girl is smart and knows position.

The difference in this game was the foul line. I hate to say this NB fans, but you were 6-25 from the free throw line in the second half. I believe only one of those misses was the front end of a 1 and 1. So, that is 20 points left on the table. You hit your foul shoots, South Webster goes home.

I really enjoyed the game. Congrats to both teams, and best of luck to the Jeeps as they move on to the regional.

Return to “Girls Basketball”