TVC POY

Jake Roberts
Freshman Team

Re: TVC POY

Post by Jake Roberts »

Pol Pot wrote:Good Point funny how this topic is a double edged sword for an Alexander fan. On the boys side from what I have seen Frost is the Boys TVC POY.

I agree. Even though VC has beat Alexander twice, I can still admit Greg Frost is the best player in the league and Frost should get POY.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

So Kline scores 6 points against Federal Hocking which has no DI players and she should be POY. I don't think so, but your right it will depend on the Coaches voting. It will be interestiing to see how she does against teams next year with all DI players.

IMK01
Riding the Bench

Post by IMK01 »

Whitney Smith - TVC Ohio
Sina King - TVC Hocking

Sina - because she is the best all-around player in both leagues and Whitney because she not only can score, but she plays great "team" ball and actually gets the ball to other players on her team to score. She also plays great defense.

PushMePullYou
Freshman Team

Post by PushMePullYou »

TVC Hocking - King
TVC Ohio - Smith

I can think of at least 4 players as good or better than Kim Kline, each of who would be a SUPERSTAR at Nelsonville - Emily Dunfee (FH), Iris Butcher (FH), Lauren Raines (Alex), and Jessie Drayer (Waterford).

No bashing intended...Good luck to all these fine players in the tourney!!!
Last edited by PushMePullYou on Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Smith only scored 5 points against a very bad Athens team the first time they played. Last I checked that rates lower than scoring only 6 against a good Lancer team

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

athens78 wrote:So Kline scores 6 points against Federal Hocking which has no DI players and she should be POY. I don't think so, but your right it will depend on the Coaches voting. It will be interestiing to see how she does against teams next year with all DI players.

I am willing to bet she does better than the DI players Smith will be playing against.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Smith only played about a quarter against Athens due to injury. I'd say Kline will never finish playing basketball at the school she is going to. She may finish school but not basketball.

DMB
Waterboy

Post by DMB »

First of all this topic is not to bash these fine young ladies. An opinion is one thing but Athens78 you are getting a little out of line. You should be congratulating Kim Kline for going DI and wishing her best of luck. She, like you is from Athens Co. Let me look in my crystal ball. This time next year Kim Kline will be finishing her freshmen year playing DI basketball and you will still be posting on SEO preps, hiding behind a user name, and bashing hard working and talented young ladies playing a high school sport. Have fun and goodbye.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

athens78 wrote:Smith only played about a quarter against Athens due to injury. I'd say Kline will never finish playing basketball at the school she is going to. She may finish school but not basketball.

Then I am sure you don't know Kim Kline.

Wow, I am amazed that adults write this crap about kids. I am amazed that ANYONE would write things like this for that matter. Either player would be a great pick for POY. I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't co-POY.

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

Co-POY that is an interesting thought. Both girls have worked really hard please do not take anything away from either girl, as I am sure they will both be successful in the future.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Problem with Co-POY is there are 7 teams in the Ohio that means there probably can not be a tie. Both are deserving.

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

Yes they are both deserving but my vote is for SMITH. Best of luck to both

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

DMB....Good post.

bballinfo2
Waterboy

Post by bballinfo2 »

I dont know how anyone can mention Smith of Alexander and not mention Meigs' Senior PG Catie Wolfe. Wolfe is hands down the 2nd best player in the TVC Ohio behind Kline of Nelsonville.

Wolfe , a 5'4" Senior 4 year starting PG , has over 1200 points during her 4 years at Meigs. She is currently averaging 17.5 PPG and has had scored double figures in all but 2 contests all season. She is the best TRUE PG in SEO , without question. She has scored over 20 on 10 different occasions and led the Lady Marauders to a 12-8 regular season record. Meigs also finished 3rd in the TVC Ohio and split with 2nd place Nelonville.

An MVP means how valuable a player is to their " TEAM" not just individual performance . What would Meigs do without Catie Wolfe at the point ??????

BOBBY
Riding the Bench

Post by BOBBY »

akww and polpot,

Your answer is in bballinfo2's response. If Coach Wolfe votes for his daughter, that leaves 6 coaches to decide between Smith and Kline. All they have to do is split votes and you have co-poy in the ohio division.

Amazing how things work out.

Best of luck to all the teams in the southeast in tournaments.

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

Bobby yes but how can the VC coach not put up Dixon. She is deserving also. So now you have Smith,Kline,Wolfe,Dixon. Each coach votes for their own player now Belpre, Wellston, and Athens decides who wins it. I would have to give the edge to Smith. She can defend and score from everywhere plays in post or guard where ever they need her. I don't know her stats but everytime you look in the paper she has double figures in scoring and rebounding. Her team has not only won the TVC but they beat everyone by 20 points. Most of the girls get equal playing time so just think what her numbers would be if she had to shoot every time down the floor like the other girls have to do just to give their teams a chance to win. If I remember right she was the MVP of the tournament they played in Alaska and those teams had D1 players on their teams also. I am sure all the girls are deserving and I would not want to have to make the decision on who get it.

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

Birdman: You are correct she was voted MVP of the Capital Classic in Juneau, Alaska, that is really saying something as a couple of the players on those team have received schlorships to play at some of the top colleges.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I'm not from Athens County!!!!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Coach Wolfe cannot vote for his own Daughter as coaches cannot vote for their players. So I look for this to be a four to three vote.

Boomhauer
Waterboy

Post by Boomhauer »

These are all great Young ladies. We need to be happy for the winner and not put down anyone else. These girls are all MVP's of their teams. Good luck to all of these teams in the tournament.

Return to “Girls Basketball”