NO NET CUTTING FOR SECTIONAL CHAMPIONS

sball32
Riding the Bench

Re: NO NET CUTTING FOR SECTIONAL CHAMPIONS

Post by sball32 »

Jeep-ster wrote:Just a thought, Why couldn't the schools do it anyway? Or is it a great sin to go against the almighty OHSSA? Don't we down here have more common sense then up there in Columbus?

That very well may happen at some locations, not sure where. I mean, why couldn't each sectional location decide for themselves? I don't think the OHSAA put an overall ban on cutting the nets at sectionals.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

maybe we should just do away with "sectional" tournaments. throw all teams in a divison in a district pool and play the games as the se district tournament. this is what the central district does.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

see nothing wrong as some one pointed out if a team doesn't win the next round then they have been cheated out of a special moment...

drrabbit I agree on the track and field needing another division..

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I know when our boys won the SOC2 (league) title a couple years ago (by winning the last league game on the road) we returned to our home gym and cut the nets down.
Nothing wrong with a sectional winner returning home and celebrating in such a way.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

^^^that a different situation altogether

buddyholly
Freshman Team

Post by buddyholly »

Why don't we put ourselves in the shoes of the athletes. Do you think the winners of the sectionals want to cut down the nets? I believe they DO!!

If it were not a CHAMPIONSHIP, than there should not be any net cutting because there would not be anything to celebrate!!! We should put the ATHLETES FIRST, not the nets or the OHSAA!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe every team that is competing for the sectional could bring one net to the tourney. Just a thought.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

[quote="buddyholly"]Why don't we put ourselves in the shoes of the athletes. Do you think the winners of the sectionals want to cut down the nets? I believe they DO!!

If it were not a CHAMPIONSHIP, than there should not be any net cutting because there would not be anything to celebrate!!! We should put the ATHLETES FIRST, not the nets or the OHSAA!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe every team that is competing for the sectional could bring one net to the tourney. Just a thought.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

I say any team that wants to cut a net should be allowed, provided they replace the net. Let them take 5 minutes worth of pictures and shove them off the court.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

To win one game and cut down the nets and put a number on your banner is weak. Two games is iffy. At Adena, I do believe it means something. You have six very good D2 basketball teams.

racinerebel
Riding the Bench

Post by racinerebel »

Thats a bummer!

Flashing Cursor
Freshman Team

Post by Flashing Cursor »

IMO......

If it is a championship cut the nets... If it is not then don't give a sectinal Championship trophy.....

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

they dont give a trophy

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

At Northwest tonight, both the Clay Lady Panthers and New Boston Glenwood Lady Tigers cut the nets down after their respective games. Clay defeated Leesburg Fairfield 48-39 and New Boston won over Manchester 47-38!

buddyholly
Freshman Team

Post by buddyholly »

I guess that this shows that the nets can be cut down, if those in charge will only let it. I'm glad that it happened for the girls of New Boston and Clay. Someone at Northwest knows what they are doing!! It's all for the kids. WAY TO GO Northwest for setting the right example!!!

looking down from above
Waterboy

Post by looking down from above »

The Eastern Lady Eagles got to cut the net after defeating symmes valley at athens high school...

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

They need to cut the nets down!!!!

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

sounds like a few sites that wont likely host next year? ohsaa doesnt like to be shown up.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Good for them! :-D

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto cut them down at Adena this afternoon and I'm sure the winner of the McClain/Miami Trace game will as well.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

New Lexington, which won over Jackson 47-33 in today's second D2 game at Alexander, cut the nets down.

Warren, which won over Sheridan 58-48 in today's first D2 game at Alexander, did not cut the nets down.

Return to “Girls Basketball”