Lady Chiefs-All topics

Nagol1
Freshman Team

Re: Lady Chiefs-All topics

Post by Nagol1 »

It's yours and your "friend" blog! Sorry to upset you!

hayseed
Riding the Bench

Post by hayseed »

Interim report/ Logan coaches: Varsity Head Coach; I would say a B Plus, Longevity, knows the game, likes his job and deals all his cards face up. He should be on the Deans list in time.
Varsity Asst: Solid B. Probably seen more basketball than most. He is the bankboard for the big guy ,probably the good guy coach . Girls probably refer to him as Herman rather than coach. Just seems that way but maybe not.
JV coach: Well he is the coach of an undefeated team. Got to be a passing grade. Still has to pass final. Probably won't need an aisle seat at the NHS induction.
Freshman coach: Also having a good season. On the honor roll. Don't see any induction in the near future to the "boys club"
7th and 8th grade coaches: Doing their best. Bottom feeders. Some crumbs get thru but pretty thankless.

Just an observation on a pretty slow thread.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

hayseed: Seems your mentality was not adversly affected when you fell off the turnip truck. You have been in town awhile. Interesting concept in your posting. I think you are on track. Thanks for making some good postings.

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

What happened against Zanesville? It would seem like one team made halftime adustments and one team did not.

hayseed
Riding the Bench

Post by hayseed »

ole chief: Missed layups, 4 of 12 from the line, played afraid, could not find the player combination. etc etc. The bad half boogie man.

Tall One
Freshman Team

Post by Tall One »

It seemed like Zaneville played harder than Logan in the second half. For whatever reasons most of the Logan kids were just going through the motions.I don't know if they felt the had the game at half time or what happened. Intensity was gone. It did seem like they were playing scared in the second half.

Nagol1
Freshman Team

Post by Nagol1 »

Describe "playing afraid?" How does that work?

hayseed
Riding the Bench

Post by hayseed »

Playing afraid, you don't want to be the one that makes the mistake. No one takes over the game. You don't take the open shot. You play not to lose. You play without that inner confidence. Someone had to step up. Make a play. Play to win. Take your choice , A, B C. or all of the above. You know like the "boogie man"

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

sorry, cant help but comment on this one. did someone who is teaching our children bball just ask what "playing afraid" meant? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hayseed, you pretty much nailed the definition.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

congrats ladies on senior night.

Tall One
Freshman Team

Post by Tall One »

Good job tonight ladies. Good to see all the sick and injured Seniors back on the floor. Nice to finally meet qualified and his wife face to face. Had some interesting conversations with him.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

ole chief, where did you go?

sounds like itown went back to what was working on thursday night in the first half(dumping the ball into the post and let the post players bang away). keep your heads up ladies, its tourney time, isnt it?

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Adversity: Nothing ever stays the same. Adversitiy is one of the guarantees that this happens. It can bring you together or tear you down. The Logan girls varsity have had their share of misfortune. These seem be well documented. In the end all involved have much to be thankful for. Through this year all the girls have been supported by parent, fans and their coaches. IMO the coaches have done their best to deal with different situations that arise out of their positions that do not aways involve basketball. I would like to see the girls finish on a high note.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

good info. sounds like coffman was a powerhouse this year.

Tall One
Freshman Team

Post by Tall One »

Any coaching changes for next season in the program?

hayseed
Riding the Bench

Post by hayseed »

Tall One wrote:Any coaching changes for next season in the program?

TO, Any suggestions?

Tall One
Freshman Team

Post by Tall One »

I dont have a suggestions as to who should be added, but I do have one as to who shouldn't coach next year, and I have been told that there will be a new 7th grade coach. we will see, I guess.

Return to “Girls Basketball”