Girls District Finals at the Convo

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Girls District Finals at the Convo

Post by smurray »

If the bleachers are to used during the girls district games they must be used during the boys as well. How many years have we been trying to get the bleachers out for the boys games?

Where will the Regionals be played? That will really stink if you play the District Championship at the convo and then go back to a H.S. gym for the Regional.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

The crowd will be so small that you will hardly hear them. Bad thought having it at the convo. With the boys you always have a good crowd but lets face it it won't be the same for girls. I lot of people living in and around tha Athens area will go watch boys action but most of those same people won't go to see the girls. It's a shame but the truth. Also if I'm the hosting school for the district semi finals I would want the gate for the finals. It might not be worth their while to host it next year.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

athens78 wrote:The crowd will be so small that you will hardly hear them. Bad thought having it at the convo. With the boys you always have a good crowd but lets face it it won't be the same for girls. I lot of people living in and around tha Athens area will go watch boys action but most of those same people won't go to see the girls. It's a shame but the truth. Also if I'm the hosting school for the district semi finals I would want the gate for the finals. It might not be worth their while to host it next year.

I think giving the girls a chance to make it to play at a nice facility like the Convo is great for the kids. Quit being so negative!! The crowd may be a little smaller but I think people will come out for something like this. Great job by the district to do this for the girls of the area!!!!

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:If the bleachers are to used during the girls district games they must be used during the boys as well. How many years have we been trying to get the bleachers out for the boys games?

Where will the Regionals be played? That will really stink if you play the District Championship at the convo and then go back to a H.S. gym for the Regional.

I heard it is a possibility that the bleachers will be pulled out. How many perks have the boys got throughout the years to get to play at the Convo? It is about time the girls get a little extra for once.

buddyholly
Freshman Team

Post by buddyholly »

Just read my post on January 27th about having their athletic directors call or talk to the Southeastern District Board. I think they will listen and let the bleachers at the Convo be out for the girls. REMEMBER Ohio U. has them out for every game and there is no problems!!!!!!!!!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

IF Oak Hill makes it then their crowd will be as big as the boys crowd. Guaranteed.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

MightyOaksFan wrote:IF Oak Hill makes it then their crowd will be as big as the boys crowd. Guaranteed.

Yeah, and everyone of them knows how to yell at the refs and yell traveling!! Funny crowd!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :-D :-D :-D ;-)

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

At least they are there and into the game. I went to a game recently that neither the players or fans wanted to be there. It was pitiful. That is not the case at any Oak Hill game.

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

You can count on the Waterford Lady Cats having a big crowd turnout at the convo.

GO LADY CATS!!!

buddyholly
Freshman Team

Post by buddyholly »

You can count on every teams fans (FANATICS) to yell and cheer for their teams, NO MATTER how big the crowd!!!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

BuddyHolly:

this is simple math of small crowds = a decision to pull out the bleachers. Your post had nothing to do with that decision.

As for Ohio University has had no problems, also consider that Ohio University works with about 5x the number of law enforcement presence at the games. Something the high school games have not had to do mainly because the bleachers are up.

Up or down the environment is great!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

The bleachers need to be out period. And, despite some poster's view that the glass is always half empty, well, considering that you are from Athens, that is no big surprise, there dude..............

Khmer Rouge mass murderer - I'm not sure where you are all of a sudden an OU facilities insider. Guess you are calling some shots that no one would have ever expected......... Or, let me post a pre-emptive strike, perhaps I misunderstood you..........It would not be the first time that you've been mis-interpreted.

I'll leave it at that, there Captain Positive..............

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

if they do pull them out, somone better watch out for the 2 ladies or whatever you want to call them. that ran down after the refs at the minford game against oakhill . during play they should have been removed.. old saying if you want to act like a man then i treat you like one :122246 actions like that is why they will probably wont get pulled out....
Last edited by bushmaster24 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Am I mistaken, or do I hear, "Dueling Banjos"........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Steely: just giving you some facts you can take them for what it is worth. No speculations on my part, only facts. And what because I post a couple of times on an Athens tax issue and you think I am from Athens? And I am glad you paid attention to your history book!

buddyholly
Freshman Team

Post by buddyholly »

Maybe some people do not want to be up-close and into the game. Anyone who does not want to be on the bleachers can sit in the comfortable green seats, but I am a fanatic and would relish sitting in the uncomfortable wooden bleachers!! And I have no influence on the bleachers being down or up, but I know over the last 25 years I've seen over 800 high school basketball games (mostly girls) and I have attended hundreds of O.U. games in the Convo.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I heard it is a possibility that the bleachers will be pulled out. How many perks have the boys got throughout the years to get to play at the Convo? It is about time the girls get a little extra for once.

Girls have gotten extra every since title 9 period. If the Bleachers are out for the girls then the men should yell title 9, title 9 like girls do all the time. I don't care if Waterford or Oak Hill both make it there (and they will) I've seen both there crowds and all though they have nice crowds at a high school it will be small in OU. You can't use the reasoning the boys get to play at OU. They play because they bring bigger crowds then most OU games.

I do think it's nice the girls get to play there but it's still silly. I like most people in the area will attend the boys games again this year but won't go watch the girls, just not as exciting.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I have been to plenty of boys games at the Convo where it has been small crowds and quiet.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Buddy: if you have seen so many games at the Convo you would know that in 97' the wooden bleachers were replaced with chairbacks on one side and plastic benches on the other. Not wood.

buddyholly
Freshman Team

Post by buddyholly »

Pol Pot, I think you need to get off my case! I never said that I 've been going to the O.U. games since 97'. I said that I've been to hundreds of games there. You don't know how old I am, so get over it!! Just go support the teams you like and try to see the positive side of things instead of the negative. And yes, I have been to over 800 high school basketball games in the last 25 yrs. How much basketball have you seen in your lifetime?

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Buddy, I am not sure you can read! I said if you have been to a hundred games at the Convo you would know that they replaced the wooden bleachers in 1997. And how am I being negative, all I have posted is a simple fact that the wooden bleachers have been replaced, and in an earlier post I mentioned a difference in staffing between OU games and H.S. games. I fail to see negative.

Return to “Girls Basketball”