SOCII

favabeans
Varsity

Re: SOCII

Post by favabeans »

Cook had back surgery in September. She will be back to play but not sure when.

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

im not trying to offend any one the reason i have them so far down the list is no one knows for sure when Cook comes back and if shes going to be 100 percent when she does
if its early they may rise if its late january they may already have 10 losses or so

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

so how are all the socII teams fairing in their scrimmages>?

jeeptrio
Waterboy

Post by jeeptrio »

Why is it that South Webster will be so bad without Kayla? It's not a "one woman" team!! What happened to teamwork??!! What about Erin Sherman, Erin Moore, Hannah Montgomery, Natosha Blanton, Bri Rawlins, Taylor Queen, April Deems ...just off the top of my head....but I think that makes a TEAM.

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

jeeptrio wrote:Why is it that South Webster will be so bad without Kayla? It's not a "one woman" team!! What happened to teamwork??!! What about Erin Sherman, Erin Moore, Hannah Montgomery, Natosha Blanton, Bri Rawlins, Taylor Queen, April Deems ...just off the top of my head....but I think that makes a TEAM.

so what you are saying is they dont need kayla cook to win?

Can See All
Riding the Bench

Post by Can See All »

jeeptrio wrote:Why is it that South Webster will be so bad without Kayla? It's not a "one woman" team!! What happened to teamwork??!! What about Erin Sherman, Erin Moore, Hannah Montgomery, Natosha Blanton, Bri Rawlins, Taylor Queen, April Deems ...just off the top of my head....but I think that makes a TEAM.

Yes this is a TEAM sport as you said, but with the loss of Cook, they now have no true ball handlers. If they can get someone to bring it up the court and get into their offense, they will be fine. These girls haven't really been pressured into having to handle the ball as long as Cook has been around.

Best of luck to the Lady Jeeps this season.

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

1-oak hill
2-minford
3-northwest
4-wheelersburg
5-webster
6-valley
7-waverly
8-west

daluvofallsports
Waterboy

Post by daluvofallsports »

oak hill. they will dominate soc II. stop whinning about all the transfers and concentrate on your own school team. who cares. you will just have to work a little harder. they know how to play team ball and they are very well coached.

burg. they are young but well coached. will only improve during their season.

minford. they have a lot of potential. i may be wrong placing them 3rd.

valley. again they are a young team.

south webster. i feel their coach will get a lot out of this team. they are a team not a one player team.

good luck to all the teams. can't wait for the season to begin. it will be interesting with all the talent here.

Scout45
Waterboy

Post by Scout45 »

daluvofallsports-where on this thread do you read anyone whinning about Oak Hills girls? we all know the girls can go where they want, I personally am glad they have a good team and can't wait until they play they Lady Falcons. It will be a very intense game, as it always is, everyone from Oak Hill knows this, as well as Minford. Trust me we (Minford) are concentrating on our team as i'm sure the other teams in the league are also. And yes your prediction will be wrong, Minford will def. not place 3rd this year. They will be in the running for 1st place right along with Oak Hill.
Coach Hale is a very good coach, but i'm sure he's not thinking he will in any way be dominating Minford. He knows this team and what they are capable of!
Good Luck to all our SOC teams.
Good luck Minford Lady Falcons!

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

so how is south webster looking in their scrimmages so far?

daluvofallsports
Waterboy

Post by daluvofallsports »

scout: i said i may be wrong with placing minford 3rd and if i'm am so be it. but we will see who will dominate the soc this year. and if i'm wrong who cares. i was just giving my opinion just like everyone else. i have enjoyed watching the lady falcons in the past along with the lady oaks. don't get so defensive. maybe not on this thread but on most.

good luck to the lady falcons and lady oaks. it will be a great game to watch. can't wait.

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

Bobby Love wrote:yeah seofan. i wonderd the same thing. with webster girls and i quote "starting to dominate girls sports" according to another thread. they shouldnt be anything less than #1. they are the returning champs and the won the soc in volleyball. northwest will finish no worse than #4 or #5.

well bobby it isnt volleyball season anymore
:aaaaa14

barman
Riding the Bench

Post by barman »

I saw the Unioto vs. South Webster scrimmage. South Webster will struggle until their star returns. Hopefully she will come back early enough in the season to give them a chance to compete in this tough league. UHS pressed them with great success and outscored them handily in nearly every quarter, even getting 30 in a couple. S.W. will really need to improve vs. the press to compete until Cook returns.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

South Webster was also without their big post player who is also their next big scorer after Cook. But they still have things to work on. Hopefully they will get it together without Cook.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

seohiofan wrote:im not trying to offend any one the reason i have them so far down the list is no one knows for sure when Cook comes back and if shes going to be 100 percent when she does
if its early they may rise if its late january they may already have 10 losses or so

10 Losses?!? Please!
These girls will still play great defense, and still have weapons on offense to make them very formidable.
Kayla's injury may help the other becoame better player and will make the team even better when she does return.

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

when was the last time they won ten without her?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Honestly, I wouldn't care if Webster went 0-20 in the regular season as long as Cook is healthy and ready to go come tourney time. Nobody remembers who won the SOC ten years ago, but they remember you if you make a deep tourney run. So in short, don't push getting her back until she is 100% ready to go. And like jeep80 said, I think this will be good for the girls in the long run as they'll be forced to step up without Cook in the lineup.*

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Waverly won the league 10 years ago

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

just messin with you vandelay

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

LOL...alright, nobody but MOF (and probably tigers2010 since it was Waverly) knew who won the league 10 years ago!*

Return to “Girls Basketball”