Federal Hocking Lancers

freethrow
Varsity

Re: Federal Hocking Lancers

Post by freethrow »

Trimble never won a TVC title while Butcher was there and I think the lancers won 3.

trimblebookworm
Riding the Bench

Post by trimblebookworm »

Trimble was the co champs with fed hock in 2006....get your facts straight

Go Get It
Freshman Team

Post by Go Get It »

Waterford takes the TVC, then.....

Fed Hock
Eastern/Trimble
Southern
Miller

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

tazman wrote:they have many of the same players they ended with last year. dunfee is returning as a senior and should have a pretty solid year, and butcher will certainly be a stand out player and put up some points, as usual. but i believe that the real sleeper in the group is the sophomore cuckler. she didn't play a whole lot last year but what i saw she is going to be the "real deal" especially once you get some experience under her belt. i believe her and butcher will carry the team with dunfee as a strong, reliable back up. i am not sure about the other two but i can guarantee these three will be starting under Mr. Butcher! GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!

I watched many Federal Hocking games last year, annd as good as Butcher is I don't think I would consider Dunfee "back up." I really thought she shouldered the team by handling the ball and putting up the points.

trimblebookworm
Riding the Bench

Post by trimblebookworm »

SErunner wrote:
tazman wrote:they have many of the same players they ended with last year. dunfee is returning as a senior and should have a pretty solid year, and butcher will certainly be a stand out player and put up some points, as usual. but i believe that the real sleeper in the group is the sophomore cuckler. she didn't play a whole lot last year but what i saw she is going to be the "real deal" especially once you get some experience under her belt. i believe her and butcher will carry the team with dunfee as a strong, reliable back up. i am not sure about the other two but i can guarantee these three will be starting under Mr. Butcher! GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!

I watched many Federal Hocking games last year, annd as good as Butcher is I don't think I would consider Dunfee "back up." I really thought she shouldered the team by handling the ball and putting up the points.

I agree..dunfee is one of those players who doesnt get the credit she deserves

i8al
Riding the Bench

Post by i8al »

I agree Dunfee is a very impressive athlete.
I don't think she hasnt got the credit she deserves however. Butcher and Dunfee get plenty of equal credit.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

i8al wrote:I agree Dunfee is a very impressive athlete.
I don't think she hasnt got the credit she deserves however. Butcher and Dunfee get plenty of equal credit.

I'm not trying to bash anybody I just thought the idea of Butcher and Cuckler leading the team as Dunfee played backup was a little unlikely. I think that they play very well together, which is uncommon when you have great players. I see good things for FH.

tazman
Riding the Bench

Post by tazman »

I will agree with you fellas and apoligize to Ms. Dunfee she is one hell of an athlete especially on the hardwood.
You all seem to know what you're talking about.
And yes it is hard for her and ANY others to get the credit they deserve when the father of a player is the coach.
While Mr. Butcher is certainly not playing the "father" role, he is going to lean towards his daughter more than others.
My will it be interesting

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

tazman wrote:I will agree with you fellas and apoligize to Ms. Dunfee she is one hell of an athlete especially on the hardwood.
You all seem to know what you're talking about.
And yes it is hard for her and ANY others to get the credit they deserve when the father of a player is the coach.
While Mr. Butcher is certainly not playing the "father" role, he is going to lean towards his daughter more than others.
My will it be interesting

But at least this Coach's kid is good. Nobody can deny that Ms. Butcher belongs on the floor.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Ms. Butcher has played AAU ball for years and if one the the top Jr. in the State. She has been to Chicago and Cleveland for the top 70 or 75 soph. in Ohio. Ms. Dunfee is very good also but doesn't do much in the off season. Colleges would rather see a kid score 10 points against the best AAU teams in the country instead of 30 against TVC teams. The Lancers will be very good.

spartanfootballdude
Waterboy

Post by spartanfootballdude »

Freethrow,
Why are you looking to compare Butcher and Dunfee? They play well as a team, and there is no need to stir up rivalry among them. While it may be true that Butcher plays AAU ball, I'd like to remind all of you that Dunfee went to state in track this last season. Could it be that she is placing her priorities elsewhere, or on other sports besides basketball? Insinuating that Dunfee does nothing, while canonizing Butcher, is insulting to all of Dunfees hard work and accomplishments.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Not comparing anyone. Dunfee is an outstanding player and as you metioned an outstanding athlete. Lets not forget it's not just the Dunfee and Butcher show. Federal Hocking should get about everyone back and should be able to go to more then those two if needed. Good luck to the Lancers.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

When is the first game?

Return to “Girls Basketball”