Chillicothe 07-08

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

A winning season, exceeding all expectations, under a new coach with a previously proven record, is its own attraction - no "recruitment" needed!!!

Captain Cavalier
Freshman Team

Post by Captain Cavalier »

know your role wrote:Coach Hughes did a great job last year. Do you think they will continue to play defenses like a diamond and 1? It seemed to stump a lot of teams last year.
Dont know,usually you play a box and one when they are trying to shut down one specific player.I do know this, they play real GOOD defense and as you know defense wins championships! Her teams are ALWAYS fundamentally sound too....

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

caglewis wrote:A winning season, exceeding all expectations, under a new coach with a previously proven record, is its own attraction - no "recruitment" needed!!!

A very true statement caglewis. This is a very good coach and she will succeed no matter where she coaches. Good players always want to play for good coaches.

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

The old diamond in one or box in one worked well against Warren last year. It did its job and held the one player to about 5 or seven points but Warren still won by over 30 at your place.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

fighting_falcon wrote:The old diamond in one or box in one worked well against Warren last year. It did its job and held the one player to about 5 or seven points but Warren still won by over 30 at your place.
Hope you got your best punches in at Amy and her team last year because she will be the one beating the competition down very shortly! Oh,by the way, she won 17 games in her first season.And a rebuilding one at that.

Big Jake
Riding the Bench

Post by Big Jake »

Will Mr. Hughs be sitting on the bench with his daughter this year or will still be sitting behind the other teams bench listening in their huddle?

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

He was sitting across the court on opposite end of bench against us, that way they had all the court covered.

Nice job last year but didn't have to play the schedule Marietta, Logan and Warren played, south was weak. Who did theyplay non-conference??

Not bashing anyone. I saw a team play Warren the same defense for three qtrs then the JV played the 4th. Warren up 30 and no adjustments made. I recall some very vocal parents after that game.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Big Jake wrote:Will Mr. Hughs be sitting on the bench with his daughter this year or will still be sitting behind the other teams bench listening in their huddle?
For your information he was sitting behind her bench up above at home games and for the road games he was across the court opposite side of the benches.What's your point here anyway??
Last edited by Black Panther on Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Cavalier
Freshman Team

Post by Captain Cavalier »

Big Jake wrote:Will Mr. Hughs be sitting on the bench with his daughter this year or will still be sitting behind the other teams bench listening in their huddle?
Come to Chillicothe game and find out. :razz:

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

fighting_falcon wrote:He was sitting across the court on opposite end of bench against us, that way they had all the court covered.

Nice job last year but didn't have to play the schedule Marietta, Logan and Warren played, south was weak. Who did theyplay non-conference??

Not bashing anyone. I saw a team play Warren the same defense for three qtrs then the JV played the 4th. Warren up 30 and no adjustments made. I recall some very vocal parents after that game.
Doesn't matter who they played, 17 wins is 17 wins.And tournament win to boot. The Chillicothe girls program before last year hadn't won a single tourney game in years.Add to that this same team only won 3 games total the year before Coach Hughes got there.A 14 game turnaround is pretty good no matter how you look at it.

Big Jake
Riding the Bench

Post by Big Jake »

Has anyone ever heard of staying in the coaches box? and dont tell me that is just for the head coach.

BBSHOOTER
Waterboy

Post by BBSHOOTER »

DD
Last edited by BBSHOOTER on Sat May 10, 2008 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

BBSHOOTER wrote:ANY PREDICTIONS ON OUR RECORD THIS YEAR? STILL NO WORD ON WHO IS COMING TO THE PROGRAM FOR SURE? WITH THE RIGHT CHEMISTRY THIS COULD GET INTERESTING THIS YEAR.
I saw the schedule,and it will be a little more challenging than last years, but contrary to most peoples opinion I thought last years schedule was challenging as well.I will say 17 to 18 wins again and possibly advancing a little farther in the tournament,hopefully to the districts at least.This team will WIN no matter what.Just for the mear fact of who is coaching them.....Amy would be good for 8 to 10 wins if she was coaching with no talented girls at all...She would make them into players by seasons end...

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

everyone is forgetting to mention that this team played all of last year with only 7 girls on the team and no seniors. now just think of what amy could do if there is a little more depth this year. it should be an interesting season for the lady cavs.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

First of all, there is an "e" in Hughes. Second of all, this is not a well-known fact but Mr. Hughes is in fact a superhero and can hear anything inside, or outside, the gym that he chooses. Ms. Hughes will do a great job no matter where her father sits. I just wish she'd stop calling me at all hours of the night. :roll:

CHS Sports
Freshman Team

Post by CHS Sports »

MightyOaksFan wrote:I hear of some transfers also. Who is this player you speak of?

does anyone else still not know who the player is? if not then pm me because i dont like using names over the forums

Lets go Cavs!
CHS Sports
Freshman Team

Post by CHS Sports »

MightyOaksFan wrote:I hear of some transfers also. Who is this player you speak of?

does anyone else still not know who the player is? if not then pm me because i dont like using names over the forums

ps i mean the player leaving/has left chs

Lets go Cavs!
Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

CHS Sports wrote:

ps i mean the player leaving/has left chs
You have a PM...

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Coach Hughes gets the most out of her players. An early preseason prediction from me will be that it comes down to Ironton and Chilli. Let's hope they don't tie like the north division (Logan, Warren, Marietta) last year and have to flip a coin to see who plays in the championship game. Could anyone post their schedule?

Return to “Girls Basketball”