Oak Hill vs. Fairland

MightyOaksFan
SE

Re: Oak Hill vs. Fairland

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Btw, Oak Hill gave up 74 to Fairland the first time and they gave up 33 last night.
74-33= 41,she is always with us
Thanks to Alex Kuhn for the stat.
Girls let off balloons before the game in memory of Janie.

DragonFan
Freshman Team

Post by DragonFan »

Congratulations Oak Hill!! You played a great game with great coaching. Looking forward to you going all the way! Good Luck Saturday. Congratulations to Fairland on a fantastic, historic season for the school! Work hard in the off season and come back stronger next year! :)

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

WAY TO GO LADY OAKS!! SEE YOU SATURDAY!

Congrats to Fairland on a fine season and a deep tourney run!!

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

MightyOaksFan wrote:Btw, Oak Hill gave up 74 to Fairland the first time and they gave up 33 last night.
So for all of us who don't don't know. Who is Janie? and what happended. I am guess a former teacher, coach or classmate?

black/ice
Freshman Team

Post by black/ice »

MightyOaksFan wrote:Btw, Oak Hill gave up 74 to Fairland the first time and they gave up 33 last night.
Janie's parents must be so proud that Janie has had so much affect on this community.
Her laughter and love of basketball will forever be with us. Gives me chills when things like this come up.
Thanks Connie & Cowboy for raising such a wonderful person that's made us all realize how a special person that Janie was, can influence each and everyone of us !!
I BELIEVE !!!! :aaaaa119 :aaaaa119 :aaaaa119 :aaaaa119 :aaaaa119

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Janie would have been a senior this year. Wore the #41 jersey. Fought a very hard battle with cancer. She passed away her freshman year in 2008.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

black/ice wrote:
Janie's parents must be so proud that Janie has had so much affect on this community.
Her laughter and love of basketball will forever be with us. Gives me chills when things like this come up.
Thanks Connie & Cowboy for raising such a wonderful person that's made us all realize how a special person that Janie was, can influence each and everyone of us !!
I BELIEVE !!!! :aaaaa119 :aaaaa119 :aaaaa119 :aaaaa119 :aaaaa119
I have observedl (not being from Oak HIll) that prior to the start of the home games they put 41 seconds on the clock and run it down before the start of the game. This is a reflection of the school, team, coaches and community. The way the team supports each other and the fan support is incredible. Good luck the rest of your season.

black/ice
Freshman Team

Post by black/ice »

Yes, they did and they also put 41 secondson the time clock for away games. It remains there until they get back from the game.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

crazee-oakaholic wrote:Janie would have been a senior this year. Wore the #41 jersey. Fought a very hard battle with cancer. She passed away her freshman year in 2008.
Thanks for the info. She sounds like a great inspiration to her teammates!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

black/ice wrote:Yes, they did and they also put 41 secondson the time clock for away games. It remains there until they get back from the game.
and practice, shoot-arounds, everything they do has something to do with Janie. Watch when they run on and off the court, most involve getting a break with 41 on the clock. Someone will always be holding a picture on the bench too.

Janie was just one of those kids that will never be forgotten.

bulldawg22
Freshman Team

Post by bulldawg22 »

mof

i'm interested in your opinion. who would win between fairland and adena?

Return to “Girls Basketball”