SP vs. Minford 2-9-09

bushmaster24
JV Team

Re: SP vs. Minford 2-9-09

Post by bushmaster24 »

blame the refs :lol: . these guys have been doing this for along time.. how many turn overs did SP have :122246 . how many out of control shots did they attempt :lol: .i looked at the score board with about 2:00 min to go the fouls were i believe minford 10 sp 8...the wanna be that ran down at the ref should not be allowed at another game anywhere.. :122246

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

Yeah I was not at this game but it sounds like South Point played their worse game of the season and minford only won by 7.Hopefully this will make the girls focus more on their OVC game on thursday showing them that on any given night a team could beat you if you dont bring it.But there is no question in my mind that if these to teams played again that the pointers would win.

GO POINTERS BEAT THE HORNETS

Theguyfromthepoint07
Riding the Bench

Post by Theguyfromthepoint07 »

a wanna be what does that mean he gave the ref what he deserved I mean if he was against sp or not it was an obvious walk an no one blew the whistle it's a freakin highschool ball game I mean come on let them play but do your job

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

It wasn't a walk, IMO, but the Minford coach called the timeout long before the walk and grabbing for the ball took place. And since the Falcons led most of the game, I believe another match up would end in the same result. The Falcons played very well the first half and it only got close in the 3rd qtr due to our own turnovers. Just my opinion...

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Glad to see the ladies get the victory. I may be out of the loop so forgive my question but what seed did the Lady Falcons receive?

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

It's always the referees' fault, isn't it? I mean, the team plays bad because of the refs. Just suck it up and play harder. You'll never be satisfied with any referee. Ever.

Theguyfromthepoint07
Riding the Bench

yes it was a walk if you no anything about the rules an I'm sure if they played again the outcome would be different no matter where they played I'm not talking nothin away from minford there girls played hard but so can beat them an I'm not blaming the refs for the loss but I mean it's kinds hard to play a game in that situation for players but it's over just a loss on the record still ranked 2nd an I'm sure they will bounce back against coal grove thursday for the ovc

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

I know the rules. And no it wasn't a walk. Its a common mistake with fans who aren't licensed officials or know someone that is. Just ask any official. SP is a very good team that will do very well in tournament and who should've been given the #1 seed. Good luck in tournament!

The Ripper
Riding the Bench

Post by The Ripper »

Theguyfromthepoint07,
Are you still crying???? :mad: :mad: :mad: Get over it, the best team that night won the game!!!!!!
You might want to check the credentials of those "bad" officials-one is in the State pool and one is in the Regional pool and one is in the Sect. District pool. I believe they are voted on by AD's, Coaches, Assigners, SEODB and other officials!!!!!!

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

I know the rules. And no it wasn't a walk. Its a common mistake with fans who aren't licensed officials or know someone that is. Just ask any official.

One of South Points parents is an official, and yes it was a walk. I guess the definiton of traveling needs to be defined:

In basketball, traveling is a violation of the rules that occurs when a player holding the ball illegally moves one or both of his feet. Most commonly, a player travels by illegally moving his pivot foot or taking too many steps without dribbling the ball.

NFHS (U.S. High School)
The NFHS traveling rule is almost identically worded, with an additional article clarifying restrictions regarding a player holding the ball while on the floor.

Examples
1. Any action where the pivot foot is lifted and returned to the floor, or dragged along the floor.
2. Lifting the pivot foot before starting a dribble.
3. Taking multiple steps or shuffling the feet before starting a dribble.
4. While holding the ball, jumping and returning to the floor without releasing the ball.
5. Securing the ball while on the floor and attempting to roll over or stand up.
6. Falling to the floor while holding the ball, even if it was caught while airborne (NCAA and NFHS only)

From this definition looks like she traveled. They called the save traveling violation on one of South Points players who was going after a loose ball and she slid on top of it.

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

Does anybody know if this game was put in the paper around the Minford area? Looking for the article to put in scrapbook. Thanks

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

THE NEXT LEVEL wrote:I know the rules. And no it wasn't a walk. Its a common mistake with fans who aren't licensed officials or know someone that is. Just ask any official. SP is a very good team that will do very well in tournament and who should've been given the #1 seed. Good luck in tournament!

Excuse me? What do you mean by they should have been given a #1 seed?

Theguyfromthepoint07
Riding the Bench

Who's crying I mean the refs were terrible an as love-vdub explained it was a walk buy who cares. Like I said before it's over just a loss still seeded 2nd didn't hurt sp any an I'm sure if they play again sp would win an they can also beat oak hill but it's almost time for lose an go home so just sit back an watch

Scout45
Waterboy

Post by Scout45 »

If they can beat Oak Hill and Minford, then why didn't they.
hmmm, must have been there 2 worse games i'm sure.
Give it up, they lost, they are a good team, and so is Oak Hill
and Lady Falcons. Anyone can lose on any given night, everyone has
bad games, but to say they will not lose if they would play either
team again is crazy, they got beat twice what makes you so sure
it can't happen again? honestly, i can't see you ever beating Oak Hill
they have too many weapons, SP has a couple good players but
the others aren't as good. Minford has alot of good players but
some of them aren't as consistent as they need to be.
Good Luck to all 3 teams in tournaments!

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

Anyone can lose on any given night, everyone has
they have too many weapons,

You just said it "anybody can lose on any given night" so why do you think its okay to turn around in the same sentence and say they can't beat Oak Hill. Whatever! Oak Hill lost to somebody they don't have a perfect record. :roll:

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

love-vdub wrote:
Anyone can lose on any given night, everyone has
they have too many weapons,

You just said it "anybody can lose on any given night" so why do you think its okay to turn around in the same sentence and say they can't beat Oak Hill. Whatever! Oak Hill lost to somebody they don't have a perfect record. :roll:

lol, that somebody they lost to wasn't you.

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

It sure wasn't Minford neither. :lol:

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

exactly, so why even bring Oak Hill in to this

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

I didn't scout45 did, and if you would read his comment then you would have understood mine. :?

Scout45
Waterboy

Post by Scout45 »

DA. i mean love-vdub,
Read above my post, your buddy (theguyfromthepoint07) posted about Oak hill,
i was merely commenting on his posts. pay attention! mr. knowitall...
You my friend are a very sore loser, give it up already.
Minford beat your kids team! period.

Return to “Girls Basketball”