Soc player of the Year

steelersfan
Waterboy

Re: Soc player of the Year

Post by steelersfan »

scarlet_gray wrote:This is asinine, you guys don't watch Kayla Wiley do you? There is no reason why Wiley won't get POY.The only reason why Dani Summers can be mentioned in the same paragraph as Wiley is because she is taller than most of the girls around her. Summers has 3 or 4 inches on Wiley, and Wiley still shut her down; Wiley is a better guard than Summers and is even a better post player than Summers! Kayla Wiley will be SOC POY while the Lady Tigers also win the SOC title(3rd year in a row FYI).

I agree Wiley should get it...and i happen to know Summers and Wiley personaly and they are both friends and i know that Summers believes that Wiley deserves POY.... but the reason Summers doesnt score that many points each game is because she works her ass off rebounding, plays great defense and plays both under the basket and outside and i went to the Oak Hill game and she also had to bring the ball up the floor

steelersfan
Waterboy

Post by steelersfan »

-varsity- wrote:in my opinion, the glenwood lady tigers have 3 possible candidates 4 POY and they r of course, kayla wiley and the other 2 r missy buckley and alyssa "shaq" raines..i think that each 1 of these girls are the best in the league at their respected positions. kayla wiley is jus crazy. she is the ultimate floor genaral. she knows exactly wat 2 do when she has the ball. missy buckley is just lights out..she hits omost everything she shoots..she is an excellent shooter but thats not the only thing good about her game. she is a exceptional defender and when she isnt lighting it up from bhind the arch, she finds 1 of her teamates..usually wiley or raines..to do the job. she can always get to the hole when she wants 2. alyssa raines is just a beast underneath..ive been 2 every game but 1 and it was @ west union so it doesnt matter bcuz its a non-confrence game. but every soc game she has just dominated. no1 i repeat no1 can out-rebound her.

and as 4 summers..get out of town..there is no way she should even b in discussion 4 this award..she doesnt step when her team needs her. and if my memory serves me correctly, summers scored whoppin 6 points on wiley in the tiger den. she had an exceptional game at clay..but hey...every1 has atleast 1 decent game in their career.

the lady tigers are loaded..outside of the BIG 3 they have miranda call who can hit the jumper when needed and kaci mcnutt who can just take care of business underneath when she wants 2.

2nite the lady tigers r goin 4 a 3rd consecutive SOC title!!

GO LADY TIGERS!!

Wiley and Raines ofcourse but i have seen nb play several games this year and Buckley shoots the ball every time she touches it... I have only seen the rest of her team score off of shots she misses not from passes so i disagree with you on Buckley getting it...and another thing Wiley makes Buckley look like a better player only because Wiley drives the lane and dishes it out to Buckley and when you shoot fourty shots a game your bound to have a 15ppg average

steelersfan
Waterboy

Post by steelersfan »

candystore wrote:
-varsity- wrote:in my opinion, the glenwood lady tigers have 3 possible candidates 4 POY and they r of course, kayla wiley and the other 2 r missy buckley and alyssa "shaq" raines..i think that each 1 of these girls are the best in the league at their respected positions. kayla wiley is jus crazy. she is the ultimate floor genaral. she knows exactly wat 2 do when she has the ball. missy buckley is just lights out..she hits omost everything she shoots..she is an excellent shooter but thats not the only thing good about her game. she is a exceptional defender and when she isnt lighting it up from bhind the arch, she finds 1 of her teamates..usually wiley or raines..to do the job. she can always get to the hole when she wants 2. alyssa raines is just a beast underneath..ive been 2 every game but 1 and it was @ west union so it doesnt matter bcuz its a non-confrence game. but every soc game she has just dominated. no1 i repeat no1 can out-rebound her.

and as 4 summers..get out of town..there is no way she should even b in discussion 4 this award..she doesnt step when her team needs her. and if my memory serves me correctly, summers scored whoppin 6 points on wiley in the tiger den. she had an exceptional game at clay..but hey...every1 has atleast 1 decent game in their career.

the lady tigers are loaded..outside of the BIG 3 they have miranda call who can hit the jumper when needed and kaci mcnutt who can just take care of business underneath when she wants 2.

2nite the lady tigers r goin 4 a 3rd consecutive SOC title!!

GO LADY TIGERS!!

I have no problem with you picking a lady tiger( probley bc u go 2 nb) :122249
But, you shouldnt be talking about other players,Kayla Wiley is well deserving of POY.But, so is summers?

well said... the coaches will pick, so it doesnt mean crap about what anyone on here thinks or says

Ballgame
Riding the Bench

Post by Ballgame »

I have not commented much on these topics but I have been reading these posts and they are starting to get a little crazy. There are several good players in the conference. Wiley is the best all-around talent in the conference that I have saw, she was voted player of the year last season and proved to be that good again this season. Just ask yourself one question about this topic. If you had one person you could start your team with this season who would it be. As for the other girls, these girls all have roles on their team. To me it looks like Buckley is called on to score for her team, but the games I saw she has stepped up in other areas, especially on defense. The Raines girl looks to me like she has worked her tail off in games on the boards and posts ups. She has been dominate in the paint when I have saw her play. Summers is another good player in the conference. She is called on to do alot for her team. She is their go to player, but the Wiley girl does alot for her team too. She has had several triple doubles this season and is the most unselfish player in the conference. Summers has had alot of success and hope she continues for her team. But if you go back to the question of who you would want to start your team with at the beginning of the year then that should make this question simple from what I have seen. There are girls that in a year or two will have some say in the POY like the blakenship girl from green, the rowe or staker girl from eatsern, and buckley and raines from New Boston. So for now lets try to continue to talk about the things these girls are doing well instead of bashing them or talking bad about them. they all have roles and they do them respectibly for their team. That is why they are successful this season. Just look at all the girls and their teams records. Lets just sit back and watch the success they have in the tournament.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Triple-double

19 points

15 rebounds

13 assists

66-28 win

16-3, 13-1

New Boston Glenwood Lady Tigers.

Wendy's High School Heisman Winner for New Boston Glenwood High School

Player of the Year SOC I

Kayla Wiley
Last edited by a_c_m on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-varsity-2.0
Waterboy

Post by -varsity-2.0 »

Ballgame wrote:I have not commented much on these topics but I have been reading these posts and they are starting to get a little crazy. There are several good players in the conference. Wiley is the best all-around talent in the conference that I have saw, she was voted player of the year last season and proved to be that good again this season. Just ask yourself one question about this topic. If you had one person you could start your team with this season who would it be. As for the other girls, these girls all have roles on their team. To me it looks like Buckley is called on to score for her team, but the games I saw she has stepped up in other areas, especially on defense. The Raines girl looks to me like she has worked her tail off in games on the boards and posts ups. She has been dominate in the paint when I have saw her play. Summers is another good player in the conference. She is called on to do alot for her team. She is their go to player, but the Wiley girl does alot for her team too. She has had several triple doubles this season and is the most unselfish player in the conference. Summers has had alot of success and hope she continues for her team. But if you go back to the question of who you would want to start your team with at the beginning of the year then that should make this question simple from what I have seen. There are girls that in a year or two will have some say in the POY like the blakenship girl from green, the rowe or staker girl from eatsern, and buckley and raines from New Boston. So for now lets try to continue to talk about the things these girls are doing well instead of bashing them or talking bad about them. they all have roles and they do them respectibly for their team. That is why they are successful this season. Just look at all the girls and their teams records. Lets just sit back and watch the success they have in the tournament.

I agree totally with you BallGame some of these comments have been a little bit un-called for all these girls are good athletes.but i think that Wiley has the best shot at gettin the POY .

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

wiley hands down..

but i am just defending missy buckley..she doesnt shoot it everytime..and when she does shoot it goes n..she doesnt just shoot..trust me..i kno every1 on the lady tigers squad very well and not 1 of them say she shoots 2 much. and as far as u saying wiley makes her a better bball player..im pretty sure that wat a TEAM point guard is supposed 2 do..make every1 better and get them the ball. and -varsity-2.0..u helped me come up with my last post.

Return to “Girls Basketball”