JV Team

Re: TVC-Ohio

Post by marklane »

I'll take Wellston!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens returns almost everyone from a team that went 11-9 and 6-4 in the TVC-Ohio ... 6'1 Elena Lein and 6'1 Emma Stanley will give the Bulldogs a stout front line under the basket.

baseballvenom
Waterboy

Post by baseballvenom »

ill take south gallia when they come into the league

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

VC will be very tough in my opinion.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

VC is pretty good, Athens is tall and Athetic, and NY and young and quick. I think any of those 3 could do it. It will depend on who gets who to play their style that night.

sportjunky
Waterboy

Post by sportjunky »

Last time I'm going to say this. Athens is Bigger, Stronger, Faster and Better! Nelsonville at best will finish 3rd but I've got em in 4th for my pre-season picks.
1.Athens
2.Vinton Co
2.Wellston
4.Nelsonville York
5.Alexander
6.Meigs

sportjunky
Waterboy

Post by sportjunky »

1-9 or 2-8 league record in 2010-11 to league champs the following year?? You talk about speed? What about Vinton Co speed with better guards? What about Wellstons speed ?? I believe both teams beat you last last season. I know one of those 2 beat you late in the season by 25 plus points. Enjoy your season and watching your child play but have realistic goals for your team and coach.

Bishtakes
Riding the Bench

Post by Bishtakes »

I've seen the Bucks play a few times this year so far and from my observation, we score 85% of our points within 8' from the bucket. If we get mixed up with a team that has height...we might be in trouble.

Good Luck Lady Bucks

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

They will be much much better than last year. Does it mean they will win the TVC Ohio? I dont know. Does it mean they will be much much more competative. YES!!! They are still young and could have games here and there because of youth, but they will learn, and by the end of the year, you probably don't want to be playing them. Good Luck!!!

sportjunky
Waterboy

Post by sportjunky »

VC started 3 freshman, Wellston started 1 Freshman, NY started 3 Freshman and Alex started 4 seniors and won the league. Athens will start 4 seniors and 1 freshman. Best Pg in the league hands down! I'm not from Athens either and I don't like them but they are the best team in the TVC Ohio Division. 8-2 or 9-1 this season in league play. NY plays a soft schedule and it will hurt them when it comes tournament time and when they play on the road against the top teams in the TVC. You do have a good Coach in Coach Dalton but I don't understand how having a Football coach help you win games? Prolly will help parents keep their mouths shut considering he was one of the most respect coaches in the league during his day. Best of Luck to the Lady Buckeyes 13-7 overall (4-6) TVC.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Personally, I think NY will be much improved but still a year away from contending but realize NY is loaded for several years and you really are gonna see a much improved program at NY. I see them contending for at least the next 7-8 yrs. But, there is a bit of a traffic jam headed to the HS level in the next few years. From 4th-9th grade, there are at least 20 girls playing AAU on very good teams. Not sure how that will pan out.

strongunderneath
Waterboy

Post by strongunderneath »

Just to let others know Kevin Meade is one HECK of a basketball coach! He knows how to read the defense and determine what offense the buckeyes need and he knows how to read the offense and determine what defense is needed! He coached the girls 8th grade team two years ago and they went UNDEFEATED WITH ONLY 6 GIRLS! That had never been done in NY history! So those of you who wonder how a football coach could possibly be beneficial to NY Girls basketball that's how! He's not there to keep parents from running their mouths. If a girl is not doing her job on the floor she will come out and he will talk to them to let them know what they need to be doing. I've seen it myself, even with his own daughter. Kevin Meade is an asset to the NY Lady Buckeyes! :122245

Pickbuck86
Waterboy

Post by Pickbuck86 »

sportjunky wrote:VC started 3 freshman, Wellston started 1 Freshman, NY started 3 Freshman and Alex started 4 seniors and won the league. Athens will start 4 seniors and 1 freshman. Best Pg in the league hands down! [url]I'm not from Athens either and I d ... e them but[/url]they are the best team in the TVC Ohio Division. 8-2 or 9-1 this season in league play. NY plays a soft schedule and it will hurt them when it comes tournament time and when they play on the road against the top teams in the TVC. You do have a good Coach in Coach Dalton but I don't understand how having a Football coach help you win games? Prolly will help parents keep their mouths shut considering he was one of the most respect coaches in the league during his day. Best of Luck to the Lady Buckeyes 13-7 overall (4-6) TVC.
sportjunky wrote:Yes you are correct we got off the topic. I live and I'm from Athensand I have family members playing for both boys/girls teams in Athens City School District. I agree with you that Wellston doesn't play a tough non-league schedule however neither does Jackson , Nelsonville or half of the teams in SE Ohio. As far as 27-2 I could careless. Beat them 100-2 wouldn't hurt my feelings I don't like them (him) that much anyways. Never liked watching him when he played in the 90's at Wellston. I will say this, you (Jackson) has a really nice team again this year from what I saw this summer! Good luck
Who cares which team wins the league?
the real question is..............Where does sportjunkie live? Are you fibbing sportjunkie?

team player 1
Waterboy

Post by team player 1 »

I think Coach Meade and Coach Walter are great coaches...Coach Dalton has herself surrounded by great people this year. However, let's don't take anything away from her. She studies the game and is one of the most dedicated coaches that I have ever witnessed. She did an excellent job with a young group last year. She competed against Alexander and Athens and had a chance to win both home games. A "bad" season last year was from starting a young group of freshman and sophomores. Nelsonville-York will still be a growing team throughout the season. They have worked hard for Coach D since last spring. Being a fan, I'm excited to see them play. I hope to make it to all the home games. Athens is going to be extremely tough to beat. Coach will have a game plan and will have them ready night in and night out. With a young team, each game is a challenge. GO LADY BUCKS!

bish106
Waterboy

Post by bish106 »

I think as far as NY goes, we have lots to work on. I also think that all teams in the TVC could use improvement though and it's going to be an interesting year. Coach Dalton and Coach Meade are of the best coaches in the league and if anyone can make it happen, it's certainly them. If you're going to judge our team based on last year's record, you're making a huge mistake and will find that out soon enough. It's a whole new season and we have a whole new attitude this year. We practice everyday and work as hard as we can every chance we get in the gym, as do other TVC teams I hope. Think what you want but we have a big season ahead and I'm thinking TVC champs, no doubt. Good luck to all teams in the league though, let's have a good season! Go Bucks!

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

pickbuck86 wrote:
sportjunky wrote:VC started 3 freshman, Wellston started 1 Freshman, NY started 3 Freshman and Alex started 4 seniors and won the league. Athens will start 4 seniors and 1 freshman. Best Pg in the league hands down! [url]I'm not from Athens either and I d ... e them but[/url]they are the best team in the TVC Ohio Division. 8-2 or 9-1 this season in league play. NY plays a soft schedule and it will hurt them when it comes tournament time and when they play on the road against the top teams in the TVC. You do have a good Coach in Coach Dalton but I don't understand how having a Football coach help you win games? Prolly will help parents keep their mouths shut considering he was one of the most respect coaches in the league during his day. Best of Luck to the Lady Buckeyes 13-7 overall (4-6) TVC.
sportjunky wrote:Yes you are correct we got off the topic. I live and I'm from Athensand I have family members playing for both boys/girls teams in Athens City School District. I agree with you that Wellston doesn't play a tough non-league schedule however neither does Jackson , Nelsonville or half of the teams in SE Ohio. As far as 27-2 I could careless. Beat them 100-2 wouldn't hurt my feelings I don't like them (him) that much anyways. Never liked watching him when he played in the 90's at Wellston. I will say this, you (Jackson) has a really nice team again this year from what I saw this summer! Good luck
Who cares which team wins the league?
the real question is..............Where does sportjunkie live? Are you fibbing sportjunkie?

Rut ro. Another Athens fan not from Athens. What's up with that?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Who won tonight's game between Athens and Gallipolis?

Buckeye4life
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye4life »

NY already has the guard play to win. Now we've finally got the best young post player in SE ohio. The Frosh will be the surprise of the league!!

nybucksny
Waterboy

Post by nybucksny »

now, you can't give all the credit of NY to the new freshman and sophomore guard, everyone on that team works to win!!! it will have to be a team effort every night for them to win the TVC.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

LETS GO BUCKEYES!!!! 1 game at a time ladys!! Lets take that TVC-Ohio Trophy!!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”