AAU Teams in Southeast Ohio

go48
Riding the Bench

AAU Teams in Southeast Ohio

Post by go48 »

Looking for aau teams in southeast ohio for 12U-16U girls.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Re: AAU Teams in Southeast Ohio

Post by bucknut 23 »

Here are some depending on where you're located:

WV Thunder - 12u/7th grade will have two teams this year and both will be based out of Ohio. They normally practice in Huntington, WV although most of their girls are from Ohio.

Southern Ohio Magic - based out of Portsmouth but had teams last year that practiced based on the location of most of their girls such as Peebles and Minford.

Team Ohio - based out of the Logan area
Last edited by bucknut 23 on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

go48
Riding the Bench

Post by go48 »

Thanks for the info we are around the Hillsboro area. Any other teams, maybe around fayette and ross counties? Just looking for as many options as possible. Really trying to get girls involved with aau from this area to improve our programs.

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

Dayton and cincinnati both have several teams, some very competive and some not so competive at the national level.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Southern Ohio Slam has teams in various age groups, but I'm not sure who the contacts are but they are from around the Leesburg/Lynchburg areas.

What grade are you talking about, because the way that the AAU defines their age divisions that will make a difference?

bevo86
Waterboy

Post by bevo86 »

I know the contact for the Southern Slam.
Practice is at the Lynchburg Middle School.

What age? As bucknut mentioned this would help us give you contacts.

Send me an e-mail and I will forward you the contact information.

scarson7@yahoo.com

SOMAGIC
JV Team

Post by SOMAGIC »

Southern Ohio Magic is located out of Portsmouth, Ohio; however, we have teams and players from southeast Ohio and northern Ohio. Check out our web site at http://www.southernohiomagic.org. We have girls and boys teams. Sign-ups and tryouts will be updated on our site very soon. Tryouts will be held at Shawnee State University for all age groups. Should anyone have any questions you can contact me at mjust@southernohiomagic.org.

LCU
Waterboy

Post by LCU »

We are organizing a club out of Lawrence County, Ohio for girls in the 11u, 12u, and 13u age groups. I saw a lack of participation from girls in our area on the couple of regional teams that are now offered and thought that a local team may encourage them to play. We are looking for talented girls from all eight Lawrence County school districts who are looking to improve their game. We will play out of Coal Grove and tryout dates will be posted soon. Contact Nick MIller @ 740-532-6345 ext. 1361 for information.

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

There is a team in the Belpre/Marietta area that goes from U10 - U15. It is the MOV Shock. You can reach them at movshock@yahoo.com. They also have a website. http://www.leaguelineup.com/movshock

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

I know some of the coaches for these teams and they still need a couple of girls at each age group. movshock@yahoo.com http://www.leaguelineup.com/movshock

sports mom of 2
Waterboy

Post by sports mom of 2 »

any aau teams out there for 10u,
in brown, adams or scioto?

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Southern Ohio Magic in Portsmouth. Check the new AAU age guidelines as it's pretty much based on grade level starting this year.

runingun
Waterboy

Post by runingun »

team ohio is based out of logan but there is a 12 u team that is coached by 2 guys from the jackson area.(team ohio ridout) they have a nice team and i hear they are looking for a couple more players.

Return to “Girls Basketball”