All State

Re: Federal hocking v/s miller

Post by athens78 »

I wouldn't waste your trip it will be ugly

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder................

Unfortunately, this one ain't gonna be pretty......

However, trip has to be made, and the game has to be played.

buddyholly
Freshman Team

Post by buddyholly »

I hope the game is played. Cancelled and rescheduled games at this time of the season become nightmares for everyone. But I know safety is the main concern. Hopefully the game will be played tonight!!

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

Roads have cleared up pretty good. The only danger in this one will be with the stat keeper and the dude running the clock.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Coach Butcher conducted a clinic on how to keep the score respectable. I really wish that all of the know-it-alls who think that a "wide margin" is completely acceptable would be required to sit down and watch this game. Joe showed tonight that a score can be kept respectable, and make his kids work against an overmatched opponent.

The final score was 54-18. Miller had 14 points at halftime, due to choices made on substitutions for the last 4 minutes of the first half. Miller could have had six points if Coach Butcher would have wanted it that way.

The score is indicative of Coach Butcher's strategy, passing the ball multiple times, being patient, and making the defense work. His top two scorers took few shots, and that kept the score down.

buddyholly
Freshman Team

Post by buddyholly »

This game was maybe the best refereed game I've seen in a long time!! It's too bad that most games aren't ran as well. The game was great to watch because the Lady Lancers concentrated on defense. They were intent on running plays to certain teammates and not trying to run up the score.!! Great job girls and to Coach Butcher and staff!!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

buddyholly - You are absolutely correct. That was the best officiating crew I've seen this year. My understanding is that they typically do boys games in the MVL, and have done state tournament games. You could certainly tell that they have worked together for a long time.

When you see a really good crew like this, it makes the game even more enjoyable.

Return to “Girls Basketball”