Re: Recruiting

Post by tigerland »

Give a Hoot!
Don't Recruit! :lol:

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

do whats best for your child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Thank you. I will. :lol: :lol:

ervbaseball13
Riding the Bench

Post by ervbaseball13 »

Everyone has good points both ways. As far as recruiting it might happen but I don't think it happens as much as everyone thinks. A great coach will have kids that want to come play for them. Its not the coaches fault kids want to come and play for them, as a coach you want to be that good. Its good to teach a kid loyalty but you gotta admire the kid that wants to leave all their friends and have to listen to everyone say this or that about them. Sounds like to me that parent has done a fine job too. If you are a superstar playing on a bad team, I would say it would be hard to give 100% every day and know you are gonna lose no matter what you do although losing is good sometimes but not all the time. Most of the time you don't know when a college coach is there and if you are that superstar on that bad team slacking a little what is he or she going to think. If your the superstar and know the coach is there its not like a switch that you can turn on and off when you want. Plus college coaches do talk among themselves. If you are working your tail off at your job and the guy beside you is doing half the work you are and getting paid the same, do you think you will continue to work your tail off? I don't think so. For the statement if your good enough you will be found, I don't buy it for a second. I have college coaches as friends and you can ask any of them or any other one. They all will tell you sometimes they just can't see them all. Both college and high school sports being played at the same time, college coaches don't get much of a window to see everyone especially with athletes playing more than one sport. This takes away oppurtunities to be seen in the summer with aau,summer baseball or other things. So if a college coach has 2 kids to look at one with a record of 12-4 and the other with a 4-12. Where do you think he will go? I admire the kid that stays and the kid that goes. I was one that went. Did it work out for me, you be the judge. I went on to be an all state athlete, played college and was put in the position to be able to play pro. Could I have had the same chance at my old school, I don't know. If I had the chance to do it all over again, I would do it the exact same way knowing the outcome.

Jif
Riding the Bench

Post by Jif »

parochrial (sp) recruit every day and in rural areas can recruit from two or three counties. Do you think a private school is going to go talk to johnny or joanie because of their gpa. Shouldn't recruit but it is never going to stop, embrace it. It may put some of the smaller schools on more equal footing with the private schools. Or kick parochial schools out of the OHSAA.

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

Two wrongs do not make a right.If you are good enough colleges will find you. I don't see how anybody would feel good aout betraying their team to better theirself.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

Is your team going to help you for the next 80 years of your life?
Last edited by qualified101 on Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ervbaseball13
Riding the Bench

Post by ervbaseball13 »

Just so you know J.W., I didn't betray my team. For baseball practice we played basketball. Not all the time but at least twice a week. With the short time you have to get ready for baseball season you can't take one day off or you will fall way behind. So for me and I wasn't the only one that got out, I feel that my team betrayed me. You can do as you like, you won't hear me complain either way but a little something to think about. Two years ago I was talking to a college coach about a some players and he flat told me that if our team couldn't beat the team we lost to in the tournament, we didn't have anyone good enough to play college ball. So i will strongly disagree with your statement about if they are good enough they will be found. We had 6 on that team that could had played.J.M.O.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

digger wrote:Open enrollment has hurt so many schools in this area. I think that is should never have started. If you or your children do not like the school district that you live in, academic/athletic wise, then you should have to move into the district that you like. When our family looked in to buying a house for the first time, school district was a big factor.

School Districts were a big factor when we chose were to buy. Now sadly 12 or so years later they are having funding problems like many and are cutting some programs and I don't mean athletic programs. For this reason we are looking at other nearby school systems. We would move if we could sell our house but with the current economy it is not going to get sold in time so we will go the open enrollment route. Since my kids are in Jr High and next year going to high school then they will be able to participate in different sports without sitting out. What say you to this problem?

Jake Roberts
Freshman Team

Post by Jake Roberts »

The Wizard wrote:
digger wrote:Open enrollment has hurt so many schools in this area. I think that is should never have started. If you or your children do not like the school district that you live in, academic/athletic wise, then you should have to move into the district that you like. When our family looked in to buying a house for the first time, school district was a big factor.

School Districts were a big factor when we chose were to buy. Now sadly 12 or so years later they are having funding problems like many and are cutting some programs and I don't mean athletic programs. For this reason we are looking at other nearby school systems. We would move if we could sell our house but with the current economy it is not going to get sold in time so we will go the open enrollment route. Since my kids are in Jr High and next year going to high school then they will be able to participate in different sports without sitting out. What say you to this problem?

Wizard, if you wouldn't mind, I would love to know more. What school district do you crrently live in and where are you thinking about sending your kids. Also, what all programs did the current school cut? Just curious. Thanks!

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

Why have rules?

Return to “Girls Basketball”