Any Scoop on the Clay Lady Panthers?

the_spectator
Waterboy

Any Scoop on the Clay Lady Panthers?

Post by the_spectator »

I heard that clay beat the waverly tigers in OT. How have they been doing this season? I know winning is a team effort, but who are some of their key players? Think they will beat symmes valley thursday?

the_spectator
Waterboy

Re: Any Scoop on the Clay Lady Panthers?

Post by the_spectator »

yeah I have heard that too. Holly and the Bauer girl have really stepped up. I know Danielle Summers is really good too. BTW, with that new hairdo, Holly Hempill is really looking like her sister that coaches S. Webster girls. What do u think?

Mr_player
Freshman Team

Post by Mr_player »

In my point of view, the lady panthers are starting to step it up.
The way i see it, dani summers is the leader of the team and she is doing a good job of it. If they play again against NB, I really think they can and will win

the_spectator
Waterboy

Post by the_spectator »

i agree. to bad clay dont play NB again.

Mr_player
Freshman Team

Post by Mr_player »

what about the tournaments?
I think clay is starting to do well

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Clay and New Boston are in different parts of the bracket.

Clay would have to defeat Fairfield first, then probably Waterford, Valley or Green to get to the Regionals.

New Boston would have to get by Manchester first, then South Gallia or Eastern Pike, South Webster or Eastern Meigs/Symmes Valley to get to the Regionals.

I guess it would be possible after that, however not too probable.

Good Luck to both the Panthers and Tigers!

Slam_dunk44
Waterboy

Post by Slam_dunk44 »

Who do you think will make it to regionals?

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Mr_player wrote:In my point of view, the lady panthers are starting to step it up.
The way i see it, dani summers is the leader of the team and she is doing a good job of it. If they play again against NB, I really think they can and will win

:lol: You can't be serious can you? The Glenwood Tigers are way too much for Clay to handle. I do say that Dani Summers is a great player, but she's the only thing Clay has. And she's no where near the caliber of player Kayla Wiley is. With Wiley controlling everything, Buckley knocking down shots, "Shaq Diesel" Raines rolling people over for the rebound, and the basketball IQ of Jon Estep, the Lady Tigers are very hard to beat. Clay may be playing better but Glenwood also is playing much better. Sorry about your hopeless aspirations but Clay isn't able to beat the defending SOC champs(2 yrs. in a row & about to be 3)! GO LADY TIGERS! SEE YA AT THE CONVO!!!!

Mr_player
Freshman Team

Post by Mr_player »

scarlet_gray wrote:
Mr_player wrote:In my point of view, the lady panthers are starting to step it up.

:lol: You can't be serious can you? The Glenwood Tigers are way too much for Clay to handle. I do say that Dani Summers is a great player, but she's the only thing Clay has. And she's no where near the caliber of player Kayla Wiley is. With Wiley controlling everything, Buckley knocking down shots, "Shaq Diesel" Raines rolling people over for the rebound, and the basketball IQ of Jon Estep, the Lady Tigers are very hard to beat. Clay may be playing better but Glenwood also is playing much better. Sorry about your hopeless aspirations but Clay isn't able to beat the defending SOC champs(2 yrs. in a row & about to be 3)! GO LADY TIGERS! SEE YA AT THE CONVO!!!!

Ok, who did the tigers lose to? Symmes Valley. Who did the Panthers beat with no problem? Symmes Valley.
Who did the tigers almost get beat by? Green. Who did the Panthers easily beat? Green.
I'd say Dani Summers could take Wiley 1 on 1 easily.
If Clay got a rematch, i'd take them by 10 no doubt

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Ok, that's a pretty good opinion. NOT! When the Tigers lost to SV they played the worst they've ever played, and Kayla Wiley was hurt with an ankle injury. NB outdueled Green at home by 20, played medioker at Green and still pulled out the win. And if I remember correctly we beat the Panthers by 10 at Clay, when we didn't play that well. Then, we demolished them at home. When Clay has all the size in the world, and our tallest player is 5'10"! It don't matter what you say because we beat you both times fair & square by a considerable margin. GO TIGERS! SEE YA AT THE CONVO!

softball_player
Waterboy

Post by softball_player »

Someone's a little full of themselves.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

softball_player wrote:Someone's a little full of themselves.

*First off, to correct you, your grammar is wrong-instead of "themselves" it should be "themself."
And I am not full of myself, I am just proud of the way the Glenwood Lady Tigers have been playing this year. Despite all the criticism and disbelief in the quality of the team, they have proved people wrong again and again. They come out and play hard every night for the love of the game(and a SOC championship might be an incentive), but these girls have overcame adversity and doubt. While they do this, they still are criticized. After they beat teams by a considerable margin every game(except the losses). This team is for real, and they prove it night in and night out. GO TIGERS! SEE YA AT THE CONVO!
Last edited by CharlieHustle on Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

softball_player
Waterboy

Post by softball_player »

Adversary? Do you mean adversity? You're just making yourself look silly. Plus, where has anyone criticized your team? And good luck making it to the Convo.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

softball_player wrote:Adversary? Do you mean adversity? You're just making yourself look silly. Plus, where has anyone criticized your team? And good luck making it to the Convo.

:122249 Touché

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

I was glad to see Morgan Jackson do well again last night. She doesn't start, but she comes off of the bench and gets the job done. I see where she lead the team in scoring. I know she played very well at New Boston and put up some points that night. I never see where she gets any credit for anything.

I do not understand why she does not start!?! She will give you all she has!

Congrats Morgan and keep up the good work!

the_spectator
Waterboy

Post by the_spectator »

yeah scarlet_gray, you seem to be bringing the criticism on your own team. and yes, morgan jackson plays her heart out. nice job morgan!

candystore
Varsity

Post by candystore »

scarlet_gray wrote:
softball_player wrote:Someone's a little full of themselves.

*First off, to correct you, your grammar is wrong-instead of "themselves" it should be "themself."
And I am not full of myself, I am just proud of the way the Glenwood Lady Tigers have been playing this year. Despite all the criticism and disbelief in the quality of the team, they have proved people wrong again and again. They come out and play hard every night for the love of the game(and a SOC championship might be an incentive), but these girls have overcame adversity and doubt. While they do this, they still are criticized. After they beat teams by a considerable margin every game(except the losses). This team is for real, and they prove it night in and night out. GO TIGERS! SEE YA AT THE CONVO!

I think that you shouldnt be saying your going to the CONVO!....YET! Let the players do the talking on the floor. But, look out for the Panthers, good luck to the panthers and tigers.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

It was good to finally see Morgan Jackson get some recognition. Morgan is last weeks Clay player of the week.

Congrats Morgan!

Return to “Girls Basketball”