Freshman Team

Re: Waterford @ Federal Hocking - 1/22

Post by buddyholly »

Ditto, Steely Dan!!!

Barry Melrose
Waterboy

Post by Barry Melrose »

I cant see Fed stopping the Cats in this game, too many great players. I'll take Waterford by 15.

buddyholly
Freshman Team

Post by buddyholly »

I agree that Waterford has some great players and so do the Lancers!!! If the Wildcats can't win by 15 on their own floor , why would anyone think they'll win so big at D.C. McInturf Gymnasium??? Super close game that the defense from one team will decide . I believe it will be the Lady Lancers time to celebrate.

Barry Melrose
Waterboy

Post by Barry Melrose »

Waterford is playing much better basketball than they were when these teams last played.

STOLTZ!!!
Waterboy

Post by STOLTZ!!! »

Both of these teams are head and shoulders above the rest of the league, but I think that Waterford will win by double digits.
Waterford-56
Fed Hock-44

JayKay
Riding the Bench

Post by JayKay »

FH had 7 turnovers in the first quarter and they're not hitting their foul shots. At half time I believe that the score is 27-19 Waterford.

32-24 Waterford, with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd.

37-34 at end of 3rd. FH is only 4 of 12 on free throws.

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

Update??

JayKay
Riding the Bench

Post by JayKay »

Final - 59 - 53 Waterford.

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

Scoring Breakdown?

JayKay
Riding the Bench

Post by JayKay »

Unofficial stats

FH free throws 11 of 20, turnovers 17
FH rebounds 29, 14 offensive
Scoring
Butcher 9
Dunfee 15
J. Vinson 9
Cuckler 15
McKibben 5

Waterford free throws 16 of 20, turnovers 19
Waterford rebounds 37, 18 offensive
Scoring
King 28, 10 rebounds, 4 blocks, 12 of 14 free throws
B. Brown 7
Drayer 10
E. Brown 2
Lang 2
Barker 4
Ellis 2
Bosner(?) 4

Congrats to Sina King. She's the real deal.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Outstanding girls basketball game. This one lived up to the hype. Good crowd, great atmosphere and two well coached teams. Very gutsy/gritty performance by both teams.

Congrats to the Waterford girls, they are a very nice team and withstood several runs by the Lady Lancers.

Congrats to the ladies from Sturt, nobody plays harder. Tonight you just came up a little short.

Emily Dunfee (FH) and Sina King (Waterford) controlled this game for their respective squads and are very fun to watch.

In a nutshell, FH is solid but Waterford is an outstanding DIV team. JayKay is correct, they are the real deal.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Good hard played game from both teams.
Tonight truly showed that the 2 best teams in the TVC come from the Hocking division.
Good jobs refs on a good officiated game.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Yes, GW, this one certainly lived up to the billing. Great game, for a huge crowd to enjoy. Just some excellent HS basketball tonight.

FH just did not have an answer for King, she was really on tonight. The differential tonight was only six points, and would have been less, with more bench for FH. Six girls played for the Lancers, while Waterford was able to play 9 or 10.

Lancers started to run out of gas at about the five minute mark of the 4th quarter.

Both teams played hard, left it on the court, great support from the students from both schools, and the crowds for each team were classy. The kids respected each other, played hard, and left the court the way they started, as friendly rivals.

No woulda, shoulda, coulda, out of me. Waterford was the better team tonight, period. Good luck to the Lady Wildcats as you move through the post season. Schedule allows, I'll come catch a couple of your tournament games with my posse', like I did last year.

It has been a pleasure watching the Drayer and Brown girl throughout their HS careers, they are excellent players and fun to watch.

Great game tonight. Yes, I'm disappointed that FH lost, but certainly not disappointed with their effort.

buddyholly
Freshman Team

Post by buddyholly »

Tonights game showed how good both teams are. Both teams had too many turnovers because of the great defense they both played. The outcome was determined by the foul line. It was an awesome game to watch. Full of ups and downs for both squads. I congratulate the Wildcats on their victory and good luck on the tourney trail. Also I would like to say to the Lady Lancers, awesome effort and now you know you can play with the best in the state. Keep it going for the remainder of the season and into the tournaments!! I'm one of your fanatics!!!

buddyholly
Freshman Team

Post by buddyholly »

I almost forgot to thank WSEO and the staff (Mike Wilson and Eric Wilson) for telecasting the game tonight. Thanks a bunch. I know all the Lancers fans feel the same!!!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Well said, Mr. Holly.

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

Didn't attend this game but it sounds like it was a dandy. Some of the Waterford people said that Dunfee did an excellent job keeping the ball out of Drayers hands and that King decided to take matters in her own hands to help out. By the looks of the newspaper article it sounds as if they were able to contain Drayer but not King. Good Win for the Waterford Wilcats. Federal Hocking has a nice team and a group of very nice girls. Great rivalry! Good job to the Federal Hocking girls the rest of their season and it tournaments. It also sounds like they played very hard.

SE_Buckeye
Waterboy

Post by SE_Buckeye »

Nice job Lady Cats. Sounds like a great game.

I was not able to attend this game but I see Butcher only had 9, what happened here I expected her to really shine this game?

Return to “Girls Basketball”