SEOPS Hippo

Re: Logan BB: 2008-2009 season

Post by noreply66 »

Go Lady Chiefs

Tall One
Freshman Team

Post by Tall One »

What was the results of this game? I was working and couldn't listen.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Logan BB: Logan 30, Brookhaven 44. The game was actually closer and better than the final score. The girls made a good accounting of themselves. Game was 28 to 24 Logan behind in second half. At the least it has been an interesting season. Thanks to all the girls and coaches for their effort.

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

Interesting season indeed. Nice job Ladies in your season. When will Logan play the kids that should be played in order to build for the future? It was pretty obvious, early in the season that several of the underclassman were making an impact on the floor but were not on the floor enough. I understand the part about paying your dues and waiting your turn and all that but shouldnt the priority be to put your best kids on the floor, maybe not to win this year but to build for next year?

hayseed
Riding the Bench

Post by hayseed »

chief, Best players play, (non-union) interesting concept. Best coaches coach, oops (union) no concept. IMO we were getting there toward the end of the season as far as some playing time for underclassmen. Never to early to look ahead.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

careful ole chief, realistic views are often portrayed as negative on here and we cant have that.

here is a realistic question?

would logan have had pretty much the same record starting all sophs and juniors this year? if your answer is yes, then you can understand the frustrations of people who want to see an "always building for the future mentality". if your answer is no, then either you are a senior parent or not paying attention. my personal opinion was that this was a year of being content with the product being presented. there was no research and developement until it was too late.

one thing about the departing seniors, they are really smart in the classroom. i think the logan daily said 3 or 4 national honor society members. thats where it all counts in the end.

to the girls that are playing spring and summer bball: keep up the good work, people are starting to take notice again that logan has alot of young talent from grade school to the high school ranks. hope to see everybody at a tourney this spring.

Tall One
Freshman Team

Post by Tall One »

I think they would have probably had a slightly better record this year if the younger kids would have been on the floor more early in the season. But in Building for the future this would have been a wise move.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Tall One wrote:I think they would have probably had a slightly better record this year if the younger kids would have been on the floor more early in the season. But in Building for the future this would have been a wise move.

TO: Better record this year. Would this translate into a better record next year? Yea. Probably.

Return to “Girls Basketball”