who is the top ten players in the TVC Hocking division?

BIG DEBBIE
Waterboy

who is the top ten players in the TVC Hocking division?

Post by BIG DEBBIE »

lets hear your opinion

gt13osu
Varsity

Re: who is the top ten players in the TVC Hocking division?

Post by gt13osu »

Sina King (Waterford)
Iris Butcher (Fed. Hock.)
Emily Dunfee (Fed. Hock.)

okay, you can't really make a top ten list for the hocking division. There are not that many great players. Move over to the ohio, then we would have something.

GAG
Waterboy

Post by GAG »

JESSI SPEARS hands down is the best player in this division!!!!

GAG
Waterboy

Post by GAG »

not any good players? are you crazy.. well aparently you dont know the definition of a good player, there is lots of talent but you must not see it!

tiger02
Waterboy

Post by tiger02 »

gt13osu wrote:Sina King (Waterford)
Iris Butcher (Fed. Hock.)
Emily Dunfee (Fed. Hock.)

okay, you can't really make a top ten list for the hocking division. There are not that many great players. Move over to the ohio, then we would have something.

AHAHAAAA!!

way to go
Waterboy

Post by way to go »

Emily Dunfee Fed
Iris Butcher Fed
Katelyn Walton Trimble
Jessie Spears Trimble
Sina King Waterford
Drayer Waterford
Rawson Eastern
Savage Trimble
Don't know Miller girls? who's their strongest?
Brown Waterford
Turley Is she playing this year or not?
Cuckler Fed

basketballjunky
Waterboy

Post by basketballjunky »

way to go are you serious? by putting the waterford girls that far down the list you are completely forgetting what makes a good player. the girls from federal hocking and from waterford are by far the 5 best players in the TVC hocking division. that is why those 2 teams have been dominating the division for the past few yrs.

way to go
Waterboy

Post by way to go »

basketballjunky

these names are in no certain order.
just a list as they came to mind.

I'll give you Butcher an Drayer, but after that it's a lot of close competition.

it takes a WHOLE team to win games.

just because a team dominates doesn't mean another team
doesn't have an equal player or two, or someone outstanding.

1 or 2 players do NOT make a team! it takes 5 good girls and a decent bench-
good support players AND the right coach.

look at Jessi Drayer. Yes she is a good player. scored a lot of points. she is also surrounded with good athletes - a team full - and they see that she gets the ball to score all those points! they play well together. they are coached well. she probably had a lot of support/training growing up.

BUT to say that no other can compare to her athleticism is not a correct statement and cannot be proven unless you want to one-on-one them all, which will never happen.

Trimble had Jen Grandy a few years back and they kicked some Wtrfd
butt several times!
Does that mean that Waterford had NO good athletes? think about that.
I find it hard to believe that because Trimble dominated 3 or 4 years that Waterford had no one to compare to our talent.
Jen had a court full AND a bench of kids to step up that were all pretty good athletes, very good role players, and a decent coach . That's why they won.
Maybe those years Waterford bench wasn't as deep as Trimble's>?

PS Realizing your role, discipline and hard work makes a good player.

basketballjunky
Waterboy

Post by basketballjunky »

Oh don't worry I remember watching the Trimble team of a few yrs back. Grandy, Faires,and Trace made quite a trio as I recall. And you are correct, 1 or 2 players do not make a team. And I have not said that there are no good players on several different teams in the conference. All I have said is that the top 5 players in the conference at this time come from Federal Hocking and Waterford. And at the high school level if you can get 2 or 3 of the top 5 players in the conference playing together, odds are you will get a win.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

All of the Trimble players from the Grandy era sacrificed themselves to put Grandy on a pedistal. Let's not kid ourselves. She ran through a minimum of 3 screens on any given play to get the ball, period.

This type of strategy didn't work out for her in college, now did it? She's no longer playing college basketball, from what I understand.........

Go Get It
Freshman Team

Post by Go Get It »

Haven't seen much from Rawson yet this year. At this point I would probably go with Connery for her ability to handle the ball or Milam for her defense. Just my opinion.

Top 5 would be:

Drayer Waterford
King Waterford
Brown Waterford
Dunfee Fed Hock
Butcher Fed Hock

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

1. Butcher
2. everyone else.

Im sorry to all the great players in the TVC-Hocking this year, and their are some really good ones. But Iris Butcher is just that good. Ive seen ALL the teams play in the Hocking and Ohio divisions and Butcher is the best player. Kim Kline and Whitney Smith are great but Iris has the total package, She can bomb threes, dribble through pressure, drive to the basket, rebound, play defense and pass. Their might be a player or two better at one thing, but when it comes to ALL the tools of a baskteball player, Butcher has the advantage.

way to go
Waterboy

Post by way to go »

I agree about Iris. She is a better athlete than anyone in the Ohio division.
She has a level head and lots of talent

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I need to alter my list a bit ...

1. Butcher
2. Sina King

3. everyone else.

* King is a nice player, tall, athletic and can shoot. But I still take Iris Butcher over her, but its close. Butcher just has too many overall tools. She can shoot, she can handle the ball, pass, rebound and basically just quicker than King. I would love to have either one on my team, but if I were to go up against lets say, Afinsentric or some other powerhouse girls team from Columbus, I would rather have Butcher on my team than any other player from Southeastern Ohio ... She is quick enough and can handle the ball well enough to handle taller, faster athletes that those school posses.

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

93Bulldog wrote:I need to alter my list a bit ...

1. Butcher
2. Sina King

3. everyone else.

* King is a nice player, tall, athletic and can shoot. But I still take Iris Butcher over her, but its close. Butcher just has too many overall tools. She can shoot, she can handle the ball, pass, rebound and basically just quicker than King. I would love to have either one on my team, but if I were to go up against lets say, Afinsentric or some other powerhouse girls team from Columbus, I would rather have Butcher on my team than any other player from Southeastern Ohio ... She is quick enough and can handle the ball well enough to handle taller, faster athletes that those school posses.

This is a joke! Waterford has at least three girls on their team better than Butche in King, Drayer, and B. Brown. I also think if Turley ever comes back for Eastern, she is just as good as Butcher. Butcher is not as good as you say she is. Yes she is good and she rolls over people other than Waterford in the Hocking. But come on bud Waterford plays twice the schedule Fed does and Waterford shows their talent by playing some good teams.

ervbaseball13
Riding the Bench

Post by ervbaseball13 »

I've seen those young ladies play and they are really good. Honestly if all 3 was better than Butcher then Waterford would have won big over Oak Hill.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

A joke?

Why did Butcher score 17, she made 6 field goals, two threes AND that was with King guarding her! She didn't mop up at the end of the game and put in Free Throws to pad her stats ... King had 0 pts after 1st quarter, 2 after the 2nd and 6 after 3 quarters of play ... 8 of her 17 points came from the free throw line and 6 of those were at the end of the game with fed Hock having to foul.

The problem with Butcher is she doesn't have the help that King and Drayer have, you have to guard the ENTIRE waterford team, you can't just focus on one player like teams do Fed Hock ... Butcher had the 6-foot king on her and when she dribbled by her, their were two and three Waterford defenders waiting.

You put Butcher on Waterfords team, she averages 20+ pts per game, EASILLY!

* Look im from Athens, miles and miles away from Stewart or Waterford ... Im just calling it as I see it. I don't know Iris Butcher personally, or her parents ... I just know a good basketball player when I see it and she is the real deal ..l she just lacks the help ...

walljump1
Waterboy

Post by walljump1 »

93Bulldog wrote:The problem with Butcher is she doesn't have the help that King and Drayer have, you have to guard the ENTIRE waterford team, you can't just focus on one player like teams do Fed Hock ... Butcher had the 6-foot king on her and when she dribbled by her, their were two and three Waterford defenders waiting.

93 bulldog, I agree with you on your comments about Butcher, however you do not give Dunfee and Cuckler the credit they deserve.

IMK01
Riding the Bench

Post by IMK01 »

All FIVE starters for Federal Hocking worked very hard the entire game against Waterford.
Last edited by IMK01 on Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

strike07
Waterboy

Post by strike07 »

I's have to go with
Butcher- Fed
King- Waterford
Drayer- Waterford
Dunfee- Fed
Connery- Eastern
Rawson- Eastern
Brown- Waterford
Spears- Trimble
last 2 spots are up for grabs really

Return to “Girls Basketball”