Waterford vs. Oak Hill 9 a.m. @ The Convo in Athens

Oak Hill or Waterford?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:43 am

Total votes: 0

UpperDecker
Waterboy

Re: Waterford vs. Oak Hill 9 a.m. @ The Convo in Athens

Post by UpperDecker »

Congrats to the Vinton Co All-Stars and the rest of the Oak Hill squad. Way to win with a regional All-Star team!!!!!!!

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

UpperDecker wrote:Congrats to the Vinton Co All-Stars and the rest of the Oak Hill squad. Way to win with a regional All-Star team!!!!!!!

other than puckett what other girls ever played for vinton county>?

sadie83
Waterboy

Post by sadie83 »

I agree with tiger02
Teamwork!
It seems to me whenever the cats are in a close game some of the girls forget about the rest of the team. This is nothing new.

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

How many WIDE open bunny shots did Waterford miss, especially early in the first quarter? How many foul shots did Waterford miss? I have the answer to that.....TOO MANY! I guess you can blame the loss on whatever you want to.

UpperDecker
Waterboy

Post by UpperDecker »

seohiofan wrote:
UpperDecker wrote:Congrats to the Vinton Co All-Stars and the rest of the Oak Hill squad. Way to win with a regional All-Star team!!!!!!!

How many girls on your team LIVE in Vinton Co.

OakHillOaks
Freshman Team

Post by OakHillOaks »

None

South Jeepster
Riding the Bench

Post by South Jeepster »

Oak Hill has a great b-ball team move in or not deal with it or don't play them
I love it when we play them it makes us better.
Lady Cats u will be a better team now

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Upperdecker: Quit whining!!!

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Quit being a Hater.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

There is just simply no way to eliminate anyone who may be "hating" on Oak Hill.

Vinton County fans have to be upset that 3 VERY fine players have all made the transition to a school 30-35 miles away. Had they just moved somewhere else and didn't all go the exact same place it might be easier to swallow. I have to wonder how good VC would be with what they currently have PLUS the 3 stars they lost and even in two years with their very talented 7th grade squad...will that squad join up with the Jackson 7th grade squad down the road....or even back to Oak Hill.

VC fans are rightfully so to wonder.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

I think VC dropped the ball here and OH just picked it up. Lucky Tori Dixon did not depart for greener grass. Have a good program and it grows. VC has a good team. Could have been awesome.

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

olay135 wrote:I say Waterford by 25. Waterford will be in the state this year and I don't think Oak Hill can stop them.

what was the score again olay?

Viking Pride
Waterboy

Post by Viking Pride »

md2020 wrote:I think VC dropped the ball here and OH just picked it up. Lucky Tori Dixon did not depart for greener grass. Have a good program and it grows. VC has a good team. Could have been awesome.

Not "lucky" Tori didnt leave, basketball is just a "part" of her life and not worth leaving home and community to play somewhere else. That being said, nothing wrong with the choices the others made either.

congrats on the win oaks.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Isn't Oak Hill Division III? I know Waterford if Division IV. Not bad for a smaller school.

basketballjunky
Waterboy

Post by basketballjunky »

it is good that waterford is playing teams from the upper divisions, that way they will be more prepared when it comes tournament time. but if the lady cats would have made there layups and 2ft putbacks this matchup may have ended differently.
but congrats to Jess Drayer for passing the 1000 pt mark. maybe now she can work on getting some kind of assists record

lil vike supporter
Waterboy

Post by lil vike supporter »

UpperDecker wrote:
seohiofan wrote:

How many girls on your team LIVE in Vinton Co.

I think 3 do. Not 100% sure, though.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

The thing is half of these people don't know anything about where these girls live and I think that is a good thing. I wouldn't want some of them to know where they live. But yes they do live in Oak Hill.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

I made the trip to Athens on Saterday morning an it was worth the drive. It was a very good game for both Teams. Waterford was up after the 1st quarter 20-14 an at half time it was tied 28-28 an it was tied at the end of the 3rd quarter 42-42 an when i left with 30sec to go it was Oak Hill up 60 to 54. That was only Waterford's 2nd game of the season an u could tell they just ran out of gas in the last few minates.

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

Very well played game by both teams. I knew something was up when Strite didn't come out for warmups and then she didn't start. Give credit to her and the rest of the Lady Oaks for fighting through it though. She really gave the team a spark when she came in the game either late 1st or early 2nd quarter. Waterford is a very good team who will win their league easily and will again make it back to regionals. I was surprised in the the player of the game selection. Yes King is their best player but Drayer played her behind off! She gave Oak Hill fits on defense the whole game. When Waterford didn't score Oak Hill was able to push the ball and didn't give Waterford time to set up their D which is where Drayer was most effective.

As far as all of the people complaining about Oak Hill and their players. Just beat them. Step up your game instead of being babies about who moved where and where they live. I am not from Oak Hill but am familiar with the area. All 3 of the girls live in Oak Hill. Not just on the outskirts of town or are open enrolled from 30 miles away but actually live in the village limits of Oak Hill. Two of your so-called Vinton County all-stars never played in a Vinton County uniform.

Be happy with the team you have, if you are that much upset about them leaving to come to a better team then start following that team. You obviously have issues with letting things go and have a huge investment in these girls lives and their well-being

Return to “Girls Basketball”