Riding the Bench

River Valley -vs- Belpre

Post by fair fan »

Any predictions?

fair fan
Riding the Bench

Re: River Valley -vs- Belpre

Post by fair fan »

Wow! What a game. Belpre came out strong and was up 18-13 after the first quarter of play. Both teams played very hard with the halftime score of 31-34 with Belpre on top. But the Lady Raiders refused to give up out scoring the Eagles 40-23 in the second half. Great Job girls! You played hard and it paid off! The raider are looking better and better.

whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

Can anyone give some details of this game? Thanks.

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

Belpre got into foul trouble. Had 2 or 3 starters foul out. Roughly 55 fouls called in the game. There coach needs to know when to play a little more under control. Starting point for Belpre probably only played 2 qtrs. Foul trouble.

fair fan
Riding the Bench

Post by fair fan »

Top scorers for the Raiders were Jenna Ward with 21 and freshman Alli Neville with 14. The Lady Raiders pulled off the win with 8 of their players scoring. It was an exciting game to watch. Way to go Lady Raiders!

whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

Thanks for the info! 55 fouls?! really?

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

WOW !!! What a game!! The Raiders came out of the box a little slow, Coach Gilmore pulled 4 of her starters, and got some points on the board. Allie Neville, is just a freshman, but that girl can play, she is very aggresive, and IMO she got them back in it. All of the girls played well, Ruff was banging underneath, Marcum was getting some very much needed rebounds, all of them dd an outstanding job. Ward had 21 pts. that has to be a career high for her. She had I think 3 3pt shots, and at the end couldn't miss from the charity stripe. I said in the beginning that they were going to make some noise in the OVC, and I still say that. I would like to see them come out and play hard in the beginning of the game, they seem to want to play a little sluggish starting out, excellent move by Coach Gilmore last night by pulling her starters, that got them hungry enough to want want to play. The Raiders have plenty of depth, they don't lose anything really when one of the starters goes out, Corfias plays well underneath, Hagar and Sands can handle the ball, as can Neville, and Marissa Marcum plays well at the wing, so they have a well rounded team that will put some serious points on the board.

Return to “Girls Basketball”