Meigs 08-09

the artist
Waterboy

Meigs 08-09

Post by the artist »

Any thoughts on the tvc or meigs for this year?

Sprint_Girl
Waterboy

Re: Meigs 08-09

Post by Sprint_Girl »

I think the Meigs girls will do very well this year. They have some strong players, so I dont think they have much to worry about.

SeoBasketballFan
Waterboy

Post by SeoBasketballFan »

Meigs Girls have a scrimmage this weekend saturday against Frontier at Meigs High school gym...Talked to a girl that plays on the team says that have a good team and hope to win alot of games....? what does everyone think. :?:

Sprint_Girl
Waterboy

Post by Sprint_Girl »

I think the Meigs girls will do good this coming Saturday during their scrimmage. I heard of some players who made the jv team, and it sounds pretty solid. As well as the varsity. They def. dont have anything to worry about. You have Wolfe who is a strong player, and has been all of her life. I watched her for many years play basketball including AAU, very aggressive girl if I must say.

And also bailey, howard, and the others i havent mentioned. The girls are very aggressive, and I look for them to go a long way this year! cant wait to watch!
:-D

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

dont forget Adrian Bolin and Tricia Smith...both good midrange and outside shooters...should be good balance of Catie Wolfe's ball handling and penetrating...along with the inside play of Shellie Bailey and Morgan Howard...strong team...very competitive...look to make a TVC impact

Sprint_Girl
Waterboy

Post by Sprint_Girl »

how could I forget ADRIAN! :122246
she is a very strong player too.
She not only can handle the ball well, and shoot well also, but she uses her mind and thinks. Which most dont do. And that is a big asset for the Marauders. The girls that i have seen on the team this year are looking pretty strong, and aggressive.

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

Amen....dont forget the great coaching of Carl Wolfe...this legend will have his girls ready for everygame.

Sprint_Girl
Waterboy

Post by Sprint_Girl »

Yes, agree!
carl wolfe is awsome, and i think i speak for alot of people when i say that! :122245

sneake-pete
Freshman Team

Post by sneake-pete »

federal and meigs scrimage to night should be a good test to see were both teams are 1 week before opening night

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

Meigs doesnt quite have the size of last years squad and maybe not the depth...but they have 5 solid starters that can each make an impact...they will be pretty good this year.

sneake-pete
Freshman Team

Post by sneake-pete »

thought that both teams played pretty well last night...Now they have to play again tonight at alex in the preview at 7:15 should be a good even game.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Meigs at the preview tonight vs. Belpre:

*Shot poorly from the floor
*Has no interior defense
*Did not box out and let small guards get off. rebounds
*The guards will foul out every game if they play defense like they did tonight. Alot didn't get called, that should have been called.

Alot of work yet to do. Meigs has athletes, it may just take some time. Coach Wolfe will get them headed in the right direction.

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

meigs will win games, they have good ball handling, shooting, and rebounding (given lack of size)

Return to “Girls Basketball”