Top teams in TVC-Ohio and TVC-Hocking?

admar
Riding the Bench

Top teams in TVC-Ohio and TVC-Hocking?

Post by admar »

So, with v-ball coming to a close, what are your predictions for the b-ball season. Who will be good and who will not have such a great year. Good luck to all teams. I am ready for the season to begin. How soon before there will be scrimmages going on?

mainetime
Waterboy

Re: Top teams in TVC-Ohio and TVC-Hocking?

Post by mainetime »

I look for it to be between Waterford and Trimble in the Hocking.

Nelsonville should have a good team what with Kline, Cox, Martinez (Im sure Im missing others)
I don't know if they'll win the league, but they should be good contenders.

Wildcat08
Waterboy

Post by Wildcat08 »

Waterford will be strong, they will look to repeat the success they had last year when they made it to the elite 8.

sports mom 09
Freshman Team

Post by sports mom 09 »

I look for Federal Hocking and Waterford to be strong in the Hocking division. I believe that Alexander and Nelsonville will be 2 teams to watch in the Ohio this year. Alex girls get the oppurtunity to go to Alaska over Christmas break to play in a round robin tournament. That will be a experience of a lifetime for those girls. Good luck to them and all the teams in both divisions this year. Looking forward to some great basketball.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

sports mom 09 wrote:I look for Federal Hocking and Waterford to be strong in the Hocking division. I believe that Alexander and Nelsonville will be 2 teams to watch in the Ohio this year. Alex girls get the oppurtunity to go to Alaska over Christmas break to play in a round robin tournament. That will be a experience of a lifetime for those girls. Good luck to them and all the teams in both divisions this year. Looking forward to some great basketball.

Are the Alexander girls that good? I mean that is an amazing trip to be on, but that must kill the athletic budget for the team, unless they did a lot of fundraising.

sports mom 09
Freshman Team

Post by sports mom 09 »

SErunner wrote:
sports mom 09 wrote:I look for Federal Hocking and Waterford to be strong in the Hocking division. I believe that Alexander and Nelsonville will be 2 teams to watch in the Ohio this year. Alex girls get the oppurtunity to go to Alaska over Christmas break to play in a round robin tournament. That will be a experience of a lifetime for those girls. Good luck to them and all the teams in both divisions this year. Looking forward to some great basketball.

Are the Alexander girls that good? I mean that is an amazing trip to be on, but that must kill the athletic budget for the team, unless they did a lot of fundraising.

The girls are paying for this out of their pockets and doing fundraising. They are selling sonic cards right now and will be doing other fundraising soon. I, myself, believe that this group of ladies will be pretty awesome to watch. The senior this year were undefeated their 8th grade year. They went to state once in final 4 and was in district finals game last year. I look for them to go deeper into the tournaments this year getting a year in for the underclassmans, they should be pretty tough. That is my opinion anyway. Great group of hard working girls who will give Coach 110%. They will also have an alumni helping this year with K. West. Excellent athelete in her high school career and went on to play at West Liberty where she was an outstanding player. Best of luck to these young ladies...If anyone who like to donate to help with expenses for the girl contact the school. Thanks
Last edited by sports mom 09 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

I could see Waterford making a trip to Columbus for the State title this year. They lost two seniors last year but return the big 3 in Drayer, King, and Brown. Brittany Brown's little sister Emily is a freshman this year and is going to be one of the best freshman in the State this year. Waterford will run the table again in the Hocking.

Ricky Gemstone
Waterboy

Post by Ricky Gemstone »

Waterford is the most talented team in either division and will roll in the Hocking and should have a good shot of getting back to the elite 8 and possibly farther

...settle down doogie

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

Ricky I am calm and I am tired of these Fed Hock people always saying they have a chance to beat Waterford every year when there is no prayer for anyone in the Hocking to beat Waterford.

Ricky Gemstone
Waterboy

Post by Ricky Gemstone »

Fed will not beat Waterford. They say it every year but Fed has not played the Cats close in a long time. I say Waterford will win both games by 20+.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

It is likely Waterford will win, but I wouldn't count Fed Hock out.

Waterford has 3 great players and FH has 2

If one of the Waterford girls gets hurt or becomes
ineligible. These teams could end up playing
a very close ball game.

who else
Waterboy

Post by who else »

SERunner: First of all, Waterford does have 3 excellent girls that play for them but lets not count out the others. They have a very solid team overall and should have a strong bench this year filled with alot of solid defensive players that will hustle every minute they are on the floor. Second of all these 3 girls that you speak of are extremely intelligent and I would guess that ineligibility should not be a problem for this team. Another thing, any player runs the risk of injury during season.

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

If you remember correctly....one of the Waterford girls was hurt last year when Waterford played at Fed Hock. Brown was out with a concussion and didn't play.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

who else wrote:SERunner: First of all, Waterford does have 3 excellent girls that play for them but lets not count out the others. They have a very solid team overall and should have a strong bench this year filled with alot of solid defensive players that will hustle every minute they are on the floor. Second of all these 3 girls that you speak of are extremely intelligent and I would guess that ineligibility should not be a problem for this team. Another thing, any player runs the risk of injury during season.

I wasn't calling the Waterford girl's dumb, It was just an example of something that could go wrong. Waterford has produced very strong teams over the last several years, but it doesn't mean that I would hand them the trophy before the game starts.

Waterford will probably win, but I don't want to be overconfident.

Return to “Girls Basketball”