Oak Hill VS Ashland Ky at Ironton this sat .

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Oak Hill VS Ashland Ky at Ironton this sat .

Post by ManitouDan »

worthy of it's own thread. should be a good one. MD

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Re: Oak Hill VS Ashland Ky at Ironton this sat .

Post by ohst#1 »

ManitouDan wrote:worthy of it's own thread. should be a good one. MD
it will b a great game-im really looking forward to it:)

Emmit Bryant
Waterboy

Post by Emmit Bryant »

Two quality programs.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Oak hill wins at the end I hear?

black/ice
Freshman Team

Post by black/ice »

Just got the word, with 1 sec left , inten. foul and Butler goes to the line & makes both. Oaks Win 50-49

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Wow , unreal game oaks got a gift by a unusual call at the end , Ashland had fouls to give and was attempting to foul and gets called for an int foul with 2 sec left and ahead by one , Ashland cooked there own goose , missed two fronts of bonuses in last min

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Why would you even attemp to foul with 2 seconds left?

Ohio Fan
Waterboy

Post by Ohio Fan »

Fundamental basketball. Oak Hill takes ball out with 7 sec left and must go full court. Oak Hill has the guards to get a good last shot with 7 secs remaining (especially if they drive to the basket - hard to get a charge in this situation) If done correctly, Ashland fouls in the back-court with seconds ticked off the clock. Now Oak Hill has to inbounds ball, get ball up court, and throw up a difficult shot with very little time remaining. 2 things to be careful of - don't foul in act of shooting (which should be taken care of by fouling before halfcourt) AND don't get an intentional foul. Ashland player just made a bad mistake.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Unbelievable game. Tight throughout the first quarter and a half and then Oak Hill was able to build a 7 point lead at the half and early in the third. Ashland began to chip away and finally regained the lead about halfway through the fourth. Down 1 with a little over a minute left Abby Haislop drained a 3 for the Lady Oaks to go up 2. Ashland raced down the court and drilled a well contested 3 to put them up 1. Oak Hill then turned it over and had to foul. Kittens missed the front end and Oak Hill had a couple of looks before turning the ball over again. Next kitten possession Oaks had to foul with 6 seconds remaining (after she traveled by the way). Kittens missed the front end again. Breanna Butler was diving the length of the floor and was grabbed shoulder high from behind to force the intention foul call. Breanna sinks the pair, Oaks in-bound the ball and get the win.

Great win for the Lady Oaks. Anytime you go up against the likes of Ashland, Boyd County, Russell, etc. you know you are going to be in for a battle.

Paige Roseberry and Merrill Melvin really stepped up their game tonight.

Emmit Bryant
Waterboy

Post by Emmit Bryant »

I know Oak Hill was out of timeouts. Would have been hard to get a shot off in 2 seconds. on an in bounds play with no timeouts to draw a play up.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

They would not have had to draw something up. They have plays for just about every situation that they run in practice every day.

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

black/ice wrote:Just got the word, with 1 sec left , inten. foul and Butler goes to the line & makes both. Oaks Win 50-49
i watched the game that foul should not have been called a technical but just a foul. but none the less congrads to the lady oaks on their win against ashland:)

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

ohst#1 wrote:
black/ice wrote:Just got the word, with 1 sec left , inten. foul and Butler goes to the line & makes both. Oaks Win 50-49
i watched the game that foul should not have been called a technical but just a foul. but none the less congrads to the lady oaks on their win against ashland:)
If you don't call that intentional, there is no such thing as intentional.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I'm torn on this one, there are several situations where you know a team is fouling ON PURPOSE , INTENTIONALLY to stop the clock , just like Oak Hill did to send Ashland to the line for those two one and one's they missed. So should have oak hill been called for intentional fouling to stop the clock -- NO . Just as I'd like to seen a regular foul called in this situation even though there was an extended grap and hold by the Ashland player. Just hate to see the officials decide the game , which they did , after such a outstanding game by both sides. Man both teams are truly great and extremely well coached. MD

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

ManitouDan wrote:I'm torn on this one, there are several situations where you know a team is fouling ON PURPOSE , INTENTIONALLY to stop the clock , just like Oak Hill did to send Ashland to the line for those two one and one's they missed. So should have oak hill been called for intentional fouling to stop the clock -- NO . Just as I'd like to seen a regular foul called in this situation even though there was an extended grap and hold by the Ashland player. Just hate to see the officials decide the game , which they did , after such a outstanding game by both sides. Man both teams are truly great and extremely well coached. MD
u r correct very well said-great game-from two good teams-luv to watch games like that!!!!!

Emmit Bryant
Waterboy

Post by Emmit Bryant »

Very well played game. Not sloppy at all. Great defense on both ends. Both squads well disciplined.

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

ManitouDan wrote:I'm torn on this one, there are several situations where you know a team is fouling ON PURPOSE , INTENTIONALLY to stop the clock , just like Oak Hill did to send Ashland to the line for those two one and one's they missed. So should have oak hill been called for intentional fouling to stop the clock -- NO . Just as I'd like to seen a regular foul called in this situation even though there was an extended grap and hold by the Ashland player. Just hate to see the officials decide the game , which they did , after such a outstanding game by both sides. Man both teams are truly great and extremely well coached. MD

I like your explanation but I do not feel that the officials decided the game. It is all a apart of coaching. That is a late game situation thatbshould be practiced. At no point should any player grab another player. Anytime it happens it should be called intentional.

Return to “Girls Basketball”