Minford Vs Wheelersburg round 3 on Feb 23

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Minford Vs Wheelersburg round 3 on Feb 23

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Wheelersburg won the first game 62 to 49.
Burg won the second game 53 to 43.
Can they beat the Lady Falcons three times in the same season?

Watching both teams play tonight, I thought Minford was the better team. If they get the same refs that let them play like they did tonight Burg will have there hands full. Should be a dandy of a game,
Last edited by OZZIEOHIO on Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Minford Vs Wheelersburg round 3 on Feb 23

Post by biggdowgg »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Wheelersburg won the first game 62 to 49.
Burg won the second game 53 to 43.
Can they beat the Lady Falcons three times in the same season?

Watching both teams play tonight, I thought Minford was the better team. If they get the same refs that let them play like they did tonight Burg will have there hands full. Should be a dandy of a game, but I dont think I will drive to lancaster to see. I wish it was closer.

seems like I read that somehwere :shock: :lol:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

This game is for the District championship and it is at Waverly.

http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/bk/girls/tourn08/d3b3a.pdf

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Minford is the better team... With no disrespect to the Pirates-they have a great team also- they have proved that, but Minford just hasn't been playing up to there potential (at times) this year, Wheelersburg games especially! They just need to believe in themselves...I agree if they play like the played Eastern Brown, and like they are capable of playing, Burg will have there hands full. I think Coach Spradlin knows this- he knows the potential Minford has to go off at any time, he will have his team ready for us, no doubt. Minford will have to bring it- Just like they did last night...Should be a great game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I had not seen either team before last night but thought Minford looked better. I know it's hard to tell because they were playing different teams but Wheelersburg did not look that good, maybe an off night.

From what I've seen in the tournament so far officials are letting them play.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

by the way, Waverly is doing a great job hosting these games!!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Always DO! They are the best at hosting any tournament! They have always been gracious and willing to help our team and fans with their requests.

I know that some coaches want the district finals to be at the Convo for girls as well, but for me nothing is better than a district final game at Waverly. That is just my opinion though!

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

Waverly does a great job. I don't know that Minford is the better team. Last night, they played good team ball and put out great effort. Burg has beat them twice and the last game I thought simply out ran Minford. My prediction it will be a close game and Minford will play their best game of the year. Minford has to get some people to shoot the ball from the perimeter.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I'm really looking forward to this game. Both of these teams are very good. I feel that Minford is alot better than what there record indicates. If Minford can come out and play like they are capable of and not make dumb turnovers, then I think they will win this game. They have played Burg 2 times this year and lost. But, this game on Saturday February 23rd will mark the third time these teams have matched up. I think that three times is a charm in this one and Minford will win by 8. GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Minford needs to come out and play like they did last night and they can win. The refs last night let them play, and it was one of the most physical games I have seen in a long time. I think the Eastern Brown girls wernt prepared for the pounding they got, and that was the difference in the game. Since this game is at Waverly, I will have to make it. It should be a good one. Good Luck to both teams.

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

Minford is playing very well over the last couple of games. They are a very physical team that really seems to love to "beat and bang" inside.

However, Wheelersburg has already proven twice this year that they can win against Minford. I know about the old saying its hard to beat the same team three times, but the better team won the first two games and I don't see this game ending any different. It will be a very close game with the Lady Pirates pulling out the win.

There hasn't been a lot of talk on here about the Lady Pirates this year; there are, IMO, one of the best teams in Southern Ohio. 18-2 record with their only losses to a 20-0 South Webster team. I look for Coach Spradlin to lead his Lady Pirates to their first District title since 1998.

Minford 41
Wheelersburg 46

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

It does sound bad..and unnecessary..why not just say you think burg will win??...both losses Minford did not shoot well and the defensive match ups were not effective..hopefully Minford will make the necessary changes defensively..have more of a perimeter game..more inside out play..learn from the previous games..make the proper adjustments and come out with a win! Go Lady Falcons!

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

Jungle Cat:

Your attitude towards my Lady Falcs and their Coach is as bad as your Hair in the picture. Since you think our coach is so bad will you please enlighten me and give some backup for your lame comments. Back to Coach's days at western, piketon, and now at Minford she has been very successful in winning the big games, has the respect of other coaches in this profession, and most of all cares a great deal about the kids she has coached (I had that experience when she coached my daughter and my daughter hardly played) Are you always going to win the big one....no.........name me a coach that does.........I think her best job at Minford has been this year....starting the year with no point guard and then the way she has molded the freshman Justice into that role has been pretty impressive.........14-8 at this point is pretty good.......Jungle Cat every time you speak about the Lady Falcs you show your ignorance for the game and your obvious dis-taste for our coach. If you have a problem with our coach talk to her instead of blasting her on the internet.

THE NEXT LEVEL:

I thought the offense in the last game was pretty good most of the night with Mcmanus and Harris having a nice inside out combination........with the others playing their role.............The perimeter game was there with harris hitting big threes and I can remember Mcmanus passing the ball out a few times..........Go get em Lady Falcs I for one support you and will be there on saturday!!!!! 8)

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Well said Minford Mike!!! and yes..if we play the offensive game we played last game..I feel the outcome will be different!! I was speaking of the last match-ups with burg where our offensive was a bit stifled..and all the lady falcons are excellant 3 pt shooters which is a huge plus!! Not very often on any team can your post players pull up at any given time and hit 3's!! These are talented girls!! the game with Eastern showed what this team is capable of..and tournament time is a new season and the Lady Falcons and their coaches are off to a great start! Good Luck Falcons!

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

I agree THE NEXT LEVEL........I can't wait till next Saturday. Is the game really at Noon? I might have to get up before 11:00 then. LOL :cry:

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Yes..High Noon...an appropriate time...lol...don't miss this one..should be a great game between two great teams! Both teams represent our area well and show what great talent we have! I can't wait either! :-D

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Everyone keeps saying that Minford didn't shoot very well in those two previous losses to the Burg, but do you think that might have been because of the lady Pirates defense?

None of you Minford people have given any credit to the fact that the Burg beat Minford, not once, but twice this year. Hell, one even made the statement that Minford was the better team in both of those losses. If they were the better team, then why didn't they win????

This Lady Pirate team has 4-5 different players that have the capabilities of leading them in scoring on any given night, so that makes it hard to matchup with them. You can't key in on one or two players, because if you do, the others will step up and beat you.

If Minford happens to win, I'll be on here congratulating them, but I won't be on here saying that the best team lost. The team that wins the game on that paticular night is the better team. Doesn't matter if one team had won 20 games and the other team had lost 20 games, whichever team wins was the better team on the floor that night.

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

I never said that Yabba. I agree those two nights burg was better no doubt about it. I just know that tournaments are a whole different animal and I am looking for a dandy in game 3! Go Lady Falcs!

thenino
Freshman Team

Post by thenino »

I think the lady falcons have gotten into a 'groove' their last two tournament games and i look for them to continue the good play against wheelersburg.. i say Minford wins by 5 in a hot and tight one..

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Yes Yabba..burg was the better team both nights..and congrats on both wins!!!...both teams are very similar in the fact that they are very athletic and at any time several ppl can score a lot of points...its just that after watching Minford all year against teams just as good, their performance each time against burg was lacking..yes burg plays very good defense and I'm sure that has a lot to do with it but I just know from watching Minford all year..they never brought their A game..but that doesn't take anything away from a very talented burg team that deserves the great season they had because they are an excellant and very well coached team..Congrats on a great year and great team..I'm just looking forward to another try...lol! Goodluck! :-D

Return to “Girls Basketball”