GAHS Blue Angels down Cheshire River Valley, 57-43

jottings
SEOPS H

GAHS Blue Angels down Cheshire River Valley, 57-43

Post by jottings »

Host Gallipolis Gallia Academy pulled away in the final period to defeat Cheshire River Valley 57-43 in a non-conference game before a good-sized crowd in the GAHS gym Monday evening. It was the Blue Angels third win a a row.

Gallia Academy got off to a slow start, sinking only four of 17 first period shots, but the Blue Angels took advantage of several RVHS turnovers to grab a 9-7 lead after one period.

Both teams lit up the scoreboard in the second stanza as GAHS grabbed a 26-23 halftime advantage.

After a nip and tuck third period, GAHS was on top 41-39 going into the final eight minutes.

The Blue Angels outscored the visitors 16-4 in the final quarter.

Gallipolis improved to 6-11 overall. The Raiders dropped to 7-11. Gallipolis returns to SEOAL action Wednesday in a game at Ironton. The Raiders will host Chesapeake Wednesday in an OVC contest.

In Monday’s reserve battle, Gallipolis won, 42-23.

Varsity by quarters:

River Valley 7 16 16 4—43
Gallipolis 9 17 15 16--57

Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

Our Seniors With Someone who Cares!
Last edited by Blue_Steel on Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Old coach or X-coach should have been the New coach.. LOL....

Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

Also congratulations to RV on the most successful season they have had as far back as I can remember. The coach may have had higher expectations, but I think they won more games this year than the previous 3 combined. and had a 6th seed draw compared to dead last each of last 3 years.

Working for the kids
Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

Angels now have to head back up to Zanesville. They have the talent to pull off upset. Now if they only had the direction

Working for the kids
o.v.c fan
Waterboy

Post by o.v.c fan »

Must know that Gallipolis schedule is brutal compared to the schedule they played in years gone by, so when they can get out of that league and play teams they can compete with, think the direction will correct itself, no one could do much better than what are doing now!

Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

And this wasn't a rebuilding year, we weren't or didn't have to be so young either. we lost 1 senior to graduation last year, thats right 1 the rest of the kids seen substantial playing time last season and should have been considered seasoned veterans.
The year before we only lost 2 seniors period. so the last 2 season we lost 3 starters combined. There was experience aplenty over last 2 seasons.

No this was a VERY TALENTED TEAM, and should have produced much more than they did. I am not knocking the kids, they understand why they fell short. Don't believe me, just ask them!!

Working for the kids
Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

Ill take this years sched over past. Logan twice and marietta twice warren twice plus unioto too. Only playing these guys once is an adv. Losing 3 girls early didn't help. I wonder if more will fall off next year too.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

You can be the best track runner !!!But a true BBall player is a differ breed!!! ;-)

Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

first let me say that I BELIEVE in the girls we have at GAHS. Now that being said let me explain what has occurred. in 04-05 season in the seoal when it was smaller. we had to play everyone twice. We lost 2 games by in my mind unreasonable margins to jackson and ironton at home. we playerd ironton before they were in league. now the funny thing about those losses 20 to ironton who I got to see play in the STATE TOURNEY in Columbus that year finished in top 4 in state. the Jackson team we avenged our loss and beat them at thier place later that same year. all other games were very competitive.
forward to 05 06 season had a winning record outscored opponents 1194 to 1134

now lets go to this year.us 765 allowed 942 we are averaging getting beat by double digits every night. our games against our league competiton are ugly at best

Working for the kids
Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

Big games I remember those 2 years was when duane was the head coach was warren at warren and vinton co and when I was the head coach beating marietta at marietta and jackson at jackson with both of us winning the sectional.

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

Hey 4ever remember the johnny cash song on the bus?

Cleveland Browns
Waterboy

Go Blue!

Post by Cleveland Browns »

It's about as simple as this. Schedule or no schedule we need to win. Coaching is a big thing for all athletes. Respect from the coach and respect from the players need to be very visible for all in order for the games to be worth giving it 110% on the floor.

We just don't see that at Gallia Academy. It just isn't like it used to be. Even with the Guys Team.

I wish all at Blue Town the best with sports programs to come.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

"YOUR RIGHT"

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

Thats the song...haha
Thanks for the comment, I miss it and I miss being around Mike and Duane and I have to say our scorekeeper/asst coach too. Im still giving you credit for the assist at the meigs with the fouls...a good scorekeeper is hard to find..You have a 1-0 coaching career yourself.
I hope they coach to win on monday. I think that its hard to win against good talent playing 12-15 kids everynight. You may be able to win some games like they have the past 2 years but you wont beat a top notch SEOAL team. 50 bucks per team does not make it that your kid gets to play in the game, it makes it that they are on the team....good consistent play gets you on the court. I know alot of older girls hate losing play time to younger girls and I guess that is fine but these fresh and soph that are taking some playing time how will they feel when they are seniors in 2-3 years and the up and coming fresh will take their playing time if its deserved.... you may like it now but we will see if its the same in 2-3 years... good luck to you girls on mon and for god sake you cant teach height .....look at troester....she could be a big help.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

:roll: I just don't under stand :!:

Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

The girls upset Zanesville in SEOAL tourney. While the word upset is used however, we all know that we had more talent and should have beat them the first time. Congratulations girls, you were able to overcome.

the girls motto Saturday was, "we're gonna win, despite him"

the girls remembered last years seoal tourney loss where he told them that the game didn't matter, then got mad at them becuase they didn't play well and made them drive back to Gallipolis and ran them for another hour or so with a real tournament game on the following Mionday.
They weren't about to let that happen again.

Working for the kids
Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

I really look for the girls to make a great showing in first game at tourney as well. Good Luck Monday We are all pulling for you. Sorry I can't be there, other obligations

Working for the kids

Return to “Girls Basketball”