Western Pike at New Boston Glenwood

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Western Pike at New Boston Glenwood

Post by a_c_m »

Western Pike and New Boston Glenwood play for first place in the SOC I tomorrow at New Boston.

Good Luck to both teams!

pikemaniac
Waterboy

Post by pikemaniac »

Go INDIANS!! Maybe the girls will get some support from the community, finally. I hate to see all their hard work go unnoticed by locals. New Boston fans will be present to cheer on their girls, and I just hope that Western fans will come out to do the same. I know Keesler will be in full force with his "GO INDIANS" but it would be nice to see more support from the Indian nation. I am still waiting for a pep bus for the girls, but I guess the CATS bus doesn't go into Scioto County. I'll bring my "coolie" in case if one is needed during the game. Lightle, sit back and keep quiet......that could be the deciding factor (remember what the Green fan said). Lady Indians, keep up the great team play and as you know we love and cherish all of you!!!

waydowntown
Freshman Team

Post by waydowntown »

Should be a great game! Would like to see the Indians pull this one out. Good Luck to both teams!

4thquarter
Waterboy

Post by 4thquarter »

I agree with pikemaniac, it would be great to see some more support for these girls. I would also love to see the boys basketball players there to pump our girls up. So lets go Latham and see what you have been missing. These girls games can and sometimes are more exciting than the boys. Goodluck tonight Lady Indians, I know you ladies can do it. Sara just keep your composer out there and those shots will fall, DON'T give up on yourself or the team to quickly. Keep them pumped up. Sammy D - Be a force to be reckoned with under the bucket and play hard the whole game. The rest of you play tough and keep doing your jobs. Play as a team ladies and you can come home with the win.
GOODLUCK LADY INDIANS!!!!!!

pikemaniac
Waterboy

Post by pikemaniac »

The game for tonight has been canceled. No date yet set.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

I agree with you Indian fans. The girls deserve the support. Tiger fans will be out in force and supporting our Lady Tigers. It would be nice to see the Green and White fill the visiting side. I hope they make up this game after all other games have been played.

New Boston has these games left : Symmes Valley, away 1/31, makeup game with Eastern at home 2/2 and the Western game makeup. Go Tigers!

Western has Notre Dame at home on 1/31, and makeup games with Symmes Valley and New Boston.

Clay is hanging in there with 3 losses. They have Green away and one makeup game.

Again, Good Luck!
Last edited by a_c_m on Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Do you think they might be looking at Feb 4th?

pikemaniac
Waterboy

Post by pikemaniac »

a_c_m, Western is scheduled to play Symmes Valley this Saturday, Notre Dame on 1/31, and New Boston on 2/4. These girls do deserve to get recognition from the Indian nation, but with their school having little to no school spirit no one would expect too much from any Indian fan. Even at the boys' games you will find no student cheering section for the majority of the praise is happening at the local church with few in the congregation on a game night. I am not saying that is a bad thing, but ALL these athletes deserve to be recognized. I constantly hear about the "Pride of Western" but never really see it. The girls' fans support the boys, but do the boys' fans support the girls? These Lady Indians are the overachievers in the classroom, but the underrated on the hardwood. Lightle is their key motivator with his excellent words of wisdom being heard before, during, and after each game. GO LADY INDIANS!!!

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

A fact:Most girl's teams just don't bring in the crowd and the games are played usually on a school night. This is not just Western not supporting their girls, this is a lot of places. I personnaly enjoy boy's games more because of the quickness, athleticism, strength, etc...

a_c_m
SEOPS H

WP at NB

Post by a_c_m »

The Western Lady Indians and The New Boston Glenwood Lady Tigers meet for the SOC I championship at New Boston tomorrow, 2/4. Good Luck to both teams!

pikemaniac
Waterboy

Post by pikemaniac »

Western girls are ready to go. In fact, some fans are camping out tonight to get a good seat at New Boston. I thought the Wii was hard to get, but tickets to this event will be much harder to get. Okay, I am joking about camping out, but seats are limited to the event of the year in SOC I basketball. Lightle has his girls pumped, Fields has the bus started, and the seniors are ready to lead and take charge of a game that will begin the Lady Indians' legacy. GOOOOOOOO INDIANS!!

tigercat1
Varsity

Post by tigercat1 »

Congrats to both teams on a fine season!

I was rooting for Western to get the first girls basketball league title in school history, but a very good New Boston team won the final battle. Western should be proud of the fine season they have enjoyed. Now on to tournaments and hopefully a sectional title.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Tigers over Indians

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston Glenwood 85
Western 63

Return to “Girls Basketball”