Tri-Valley Conference Scores and Updates (both divisions)

think about it
Freshman Team

Post by think about it »

Yes only one person is at fault are so called coach really if you seen this game you understand what im saying coach you need to take the help you was offered.

the thinker
sneake-pete
Freshman Team

Post by sneake-pete »

very well stated on the fed game steely dan. fed only has 8 varsity players so you always have 2 starters on the floor. The other 4 girls on the bench were jv players who only have 90 quarters a year. so back off coach butcher cause anyone who knows him knows that he would not run up the score on anyone.very nice game tonight for the lady lancers

Kerinon
Freshman Team

Post by Kerinon »

Funny how the wires on this post got crossed - I think. Here I thought there was complaint about Waterford's press and keeping starters in, yadda, yadda. Then, I was agreeing with the post defending Waterford's team, coach and benchers - but here it was in defense of Fed Hock!! Funny how complaints cross the boards and sound the same from the other side of the court, no matter who the teams are. Just keep playing hard and making your communities proud of your hard work!!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

I think N.Y. should have won this game. The T on the girl and the coach was a five point swing. Which leads to my next question how can a ref on th opposite side of the floor call a T on the coach when there is a ref standing right beside of him and the ref that calls a T sprints right in front of the coach and stands there basically taunting him. I am not saying the refs got N.Y. beat but one of them was very unprofessional to say the least. Should make for an interesting rematch. These are the two best team in the TVC

CoyDuke
Freshman Team

Post by CoyDuke »

The T on the player was warranted. I will admit though that the T on the coach was a little bit quick. The officials doing the game were experienced officials that you see all over the place. They are both pretty good officials, however the one has a reputation for having a short fuse.

Much Obliged
Gary Redus
Waterboy

Post by Gary Redus »

I would have to say that things worked out pretty well after the T, NY played just as aggressively in the second half, yet had only three team fouls when they had to foul at the end of the game. I would say Coach Truax got just what he wanted after the technical. The player cursed, that was easy, one official immediately got between Truax and the other official to keep things orderly, nobody wants to see something like that effect the outcome of the game. That crew does plenty of games everywhere, including high-level tournament games, the players and coaches made many more mistakes than the officials, IMO.

Gary Redus
Waterboy

Post by Gary Redus »

Alexander 48
Wellston 38

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

Lady Buckeyes 66
Lady Tomcats 43

Saturday Afternoon game

Go Bucks!

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

"Remember this, the choices you make in life, make you"

- John Wooden

"Champions never complain, they are too busy getting better."

- unknown

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Federal Hocking wins in Ben Wagner gymnasium by six points.

The Lady Lancers win 62-56. Freshman Chanda Cuckler steps up big time for the Lancers.

Congrats to Federal Hocking, big win tonight. I'll say it again,

COACH BUTCHER HAS THEM PLAYING GREAT TEAM DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!

Kenneth Bixx
Waterboy

Post by Kenneth Bixx »

Vinton County 74
Rock Hill 42

Alexander 36
Logan 56

Wellston 30
Trimble 50

Belpre 71
Southern 43

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Federal Hocking 57

Southern 22

Coach Butcher kept is respectable. Congratulations to both teams on a good, clean game.

Go Get It
Freshman Team

Post by Go Get It »

Seems funny that on another thread you mention not running up the score on a very young southern team, but i believe that is what happened with a very young eastern team, and how coach butcher kept it respectable, is that because he knows he didn't a couple games ago?
and no, not sour grapes, just stating facts.

Kenneth Bixx
Waterboy

Post by Kenneth Bixx »

Vinton County 60
Belpre 39

sneake-pete
Freshman Team

Post by sneake-pete »

go get it/ you need to give it a rest dude.. if you want to argue and try to push peoples buttons maybe you should just get married :-D . fed has not ran up the score on nobody.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

He didn't press the entire first half, nor did he win by 70+ points. Yep, give it a rest alright.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Kenneth Bixx wrote:Vinton County 60
Belpre 39

Good job ladies.
Well Coach Ward, I hope you never play @ Belpre in July.
Over the last few years when the Lady VIkes had to travel to Belpre it has snowed or snow was on the ground.
Great start, keep it going. All these wins could make the lasagane taste better, come January. :-D
GO VIKES

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Go Get It wrote:Seems funny that on another thread you mention not running up the score on a very young southern team, but i believe that is what happened with a very young eastern team, and how coach butcher kept it respectable, is that because he knows he didn't a couple games ago?
and no, not sour grapes, just stating facts.

As they say in the hills...

"That dog just don't hunt."

Go Get It needs to Give It Up.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Hot off the presses in today's Middleport/Pomeroy "The Daily Sentinel"

Southern Coach Alan Crisp, "It was a moral victory for us. We got some experience, without Kasey, and hopefully, that will take some pressure off of her when she comes back. (Coach) Joe Butcher is a class act as well. Federal Hocking will be tough to beat in the Hocking Division".

There you go. A rival Coach's opinion is alot more important than a naysayer's opinion on here.

There's no need to defend Coach Butcher over the Eastern game score. Anybody who knows anything about basketball, and was in attendance at that game, knew he was not running the score up in any way. That score ended up that way because of the performance of the Eastern team, their coach, and his strategic decisions.

Let's give it a rest.

think about it
Freshman Team

Post by think about it »

I agree dont blame there coach blame ours eagle fan.

the thinker

Return to “Girls Basketball”