Waterford Lady Cats Basketball

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Good Luck sat morning at The Classic in the Country against East Canton.
Wildcat fans lets get up to Berlin to support the Lady Cats. Hope to see lots of kelley green sat morning. I know i will be there.

GO LADY CATS

Kerinon
Freshman Team

Post by Kerinon »

At the half Waterford ahead 40 - 28!!!!!!!!

GO LADY CATS!!!

:lol:

Kerinon
Freshman Team

Post by Kerinon »

Waterford takes East Canton down 60 - 48!!!!!!!

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Who beat Waterford? score?

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Congratulation to Coach Close and The Lady Wildcats on their victory over 8th ranked East Canton this morning at the Classic in the Country. The Lady Cats played aggressive team ball. Its too bad that this was the first game of the day because it would have been nice for alot of other people to have seen the Lady Cats play. In any case we are proud of you Ladies. You made a very good showing for yourselves today. Keep up the good work and we will see how the rest of the season unfolds. The tournament drawing is tomorrow of which the Lady Cats will surely be the #1 seed.

GO LADY CATS

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to Waterford

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Bobcat Thunder
Freshman Team

Post by Bobcat Thunder »

Great win for Waterford, only problem is Africentric beat the 10th ranked team in Division I (North Canton Hoover) 50-43. They look awefully good again.

Gregg811
Varsity

LADY CATS

Post by Gregg811 »

The Lady Cats are 15-1 after their victory over #8 East Canton 60-48. Today, 01/22, the AP poll came out for DIV IV. The Lady Cats are the #11 th team in the rankings. Congratulations to Coach Close and the Lady Cats. Being invited to the Classic in the Country was a tremendous honor for the Waterford Lady Cats and the Waterford School, and the community. This put them on the bid stage in front of people whom otherwise would not have had the opportunity to see a great basketball team. Thanks Ladies for a great win for the program(yourselves), Waterford, Southeastern ohio, and the TVC.
Now that others have started to take notice you can't become lax in what lies ahead. There is the game on Mon at Federal Hocking to decide the TVC Hocking Title. Then a big game as well at Nelsonville York on wed. Good Luck next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO LADY CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bball4evr
JV Team

Post by bball4evr »

I thought both Waterford and Hiland looked better then Africentric, I did not see 60 minutes of hell from Africentric like I had thought they would bring. Their press looked very beatable and the rest of their game looked average, Hoover looked like about the 15th best team in D-2 to me not the 10th best in D-1. The big girl is basically a jump shooter and their guards are average at best, the point is quick but can't seem to hold onto the ball. East Canton had a very good team and Waterford really controlled them the entire game. Hiland was Hiland and handled a good D-1 and good D-2 quite easily. I think that Africentric is beatable this year, get them in a half court game and you stand a good chance. Hopefully Waterford will get the invite back for next year.

marklane
JV Team

AP Poll

Post by marklane »

How is East Canton still in the top ten and above Waterford?

Kerinon
Freshman Team

Post by Kerinon »

They were invited back before they left! A testament to a great program and a well-behaved, respectful, talented group of girls!

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

bball4evr wrote:I thought both Waterford and Hiland looked better then Africentric, I did not see 60 minutes of hell from Africentric like I had thought they would bring. Their press looked very beatable and the rest of their game looked average, Hoover looked like about the 15th best team in D-2 to me not the 10th best in D-1. The big girl is basically a jump shooter and their guards are average at best, the point is quick but can't seem to hold onto the ball. East Canton had a very good team and Waterford really controlled them the entire game. Hiland was Hiland and handled a good D-1 and good D-2 quite easily. I think that Africentric is beatable this year, get them in a half court game and you stand a good chance. Hopefully Waterford will get the invite back for next year.

The way the brackets are set up this year, Waterford will play Hiland in the first game of the Regionals.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Hiland is excellent year in and year out. Hopefully both teams make it there because it would be an AWESOME game to watch.

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

The Lady Cats are now 18-2 for the regular season after the win at Eastern tonight 74-36. Now it's time to get ready for tournament play. Good job tonight ladies. Keep playing team ball, working hard on your defensive pressure, etc. Good job of coming back from the NY loss. We are proud of all of you.

GO LADY CATS

think about it
Freshman Team

Post by think about it »

Anyone know the stats for both teams waterford looked very good

the thinker
gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

I watched Waterford at Eastern tonight and the Lady Cats are a VERY good team. I personally liked the play from the tipoff--I dont believe I've seen that before. But good luck to you in the tournament.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Waterford will not face Hiland unless they get to the state.
Hilands district play in the Massilon regional this year.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

PRIME TIME wrote:Waterford will not face Hiland unless they get to the state.
Hilands district play in the Massilon regional this year.

You're right, the bracket I looked at (and posted) was screwed up. There are 2 teams that come out of the central district this year(Africentric and someone else).

Waterford will not have to play Africentric until the regional final. A team they've lost to by a combined 70 points in the last two regionals.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

If Waterford does end up playing the Columbus City School's version of a basketball factory (due to open enrollment), I don't anticipate a blowout this time around.

This is a much different Waterford team, that creates some mismatches that I'm not so sure that Africentric can deal with, IMHO..... 8)

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....

Return to “Girls Basketball”