Minford 2007

Dean
Freshman Team

Post by Dean »

I feel the Lady Falcons had, by far, the most talent in the league the past two years. Two years ago they finished third in the SOC and last year they won by one game when it should have been two or three. I don't have to mention the tournament game last year. I have seen several teams with less talent beat Minford, but I have never seen Minford beat a team with equal talent. I do not know the coach, and I have no dog in this fight. I wish the Lady Falcons the best this year as I root for all southern Ohio teams.

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

Two years ago my lady falcons were not the best team in the league..Oak Hill and Northwest were who they came close to beating the second time they played them that year and then they ended up beating Oak Hill once that year not to bad when my lady falcons started three freshman.......Last year they won the league with one loss not too bad..........if you want to harp on the tournament loss thats your decision but you might want to do a little research next time you attack my lady falcons and their coach.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Based on what I'm reading, it seems like Minford fans think they'll be better off without Cayton?? Don't see the logic in how losing your best player makes you better regardless of any so-called "baggage" associated with her. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.*

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

Art:

Better without her...no........they will have a hard time because she is that good.....better without her in terms of all the drama and baggage..yes

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

Minford Mike wrote:....if you want to harp on the tournament loss thats your decision but you might want to do a little research next time you attack my lady falcons and their coach.

i dont think dean is harping but stating what is true. no one should have come close to minford last year, but i saw my lady mohawks do it 2 times and could have won with no returning talent. Minfird didnt beat anyone one that they should have but lost a number of games they shouldnt, :?:

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

Bobby:

Can you give my lady falcons some love? :( Do you not like us that much? As far as your mohawks......coming close and could haves dont get it done...and the first game they played Northwest last year after halftime they blew the mohawks off the floor and I think won by 20 or 30.........the second game was close

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

Any word on my lady falcons? Hope things are going well. Can't wait for the season to start.

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

the word at the soccer game the other night is they havent even started open gyms so it must not be going :lol:

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

Bobby Bobby:

Where do you get your info? My daugther just talked to one of the girls and they have been going to open gym. Right now only athletes not participating in other sports can go........which according to my daughter is only about 4 or 6 girls so they go with the boys because the boys are in the same boat.......I would venture to say that almost all schools in this area have this problem....well except the all mighty mohawks! :roll:

Dean
Freshman Team

Post by Dean »

Mikey---What facts am I supposed to research? I stated an opinion. Speaking of facts, you have no clue as to what the father was griping about. How do you know he complained about shot attempts? Also, with all due respect, I do not think your high school daughter would be the best judge as to whether or not the team is well prepared. What does she have to compare to? I haven't checked this site out lately. I did not realize I had gotten you going so much. Sorry, just had to respond to a naive attack on my post.

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

Dean:

Read my post again. Anybody who has seen them play over the last two years will attest that two years ago they were not the best team in the league. That was very evident. Now last year they were and won the league.

As far as my daughter, no offense taken. But if you read my posts you will realize she is not in junior high.... she graduated already and played for Coach a couple of years ago, so she would know if they were preparing properly becuase she was there during practice and scouting sessions. I am pretty naive but once in a while I get it right! :shock:

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

who is at open gyms?

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

I don't know. I would say the same ole crew 8)

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

Good luck to the Lady Falcons this season. Kara is gone so let it all go and play the game.

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

Anybody attend the scrimmage on thursday? My daughter said she heard things went ok. I had to work late and could not attend! Minford Millie, Falconflyer, Jungle cat....did any of you attend?

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

No. I was out of town. but I would like to know. I predict the Lady Falcons will be very good this year.

FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

Minford Mike, I did not attend the other night and wasn't aware of the scrimmage, but looking forward to tomorrow night. When is the next scrimmage and any others?

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

I know they have one on saturday but I not sure where or when. I can't wait until the season starts! 8)

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Saturday at 1:00pm @ Zane Trace...

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

THE NEXT LEVEL:

How did the scrimmage go?

Return to “Girls Basketball”