Minford 2007

swish
Waterboy

Post by swish »

we will be fine with the class coming up, reload time!

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

blue steel never did reply to big train when he ask what wasgoing on about the undermine thing. does anyone no what was going on? also can someone explane what happened to minford in the tournament against Nelsonvile york?

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Bobby Love wrote:blue steel never did reply to big train when he ask what wasgoing on about the undermine thing. does anyone no what was going on? also can someone explane what happened to minford in the tournament against Nelsonvile york?
Good question,I saw that same Nelsonville team get HAMMERED by a good Ironton team without Jessica Waddle.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I was wondering if Cayton would go back to Webster this year. I actually mentioned it to someone not too long ago. Looks like I had some correct vibes. Cayton and Cook will make a tremendous combo.

I look for top of the SOCII to play out like this:
S.W.
Minford
Burg/Oak Hill
Oak Hill/Burg

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:... Cayton and Cook will make a tremendous combo....

The bigger question might be, Is Cook Staying at South Webster?

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Now that is a very funny, hahahaha. That ? dont even need to be addressed.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

sendem: I've heard those same rumblings too all summer. Now, with Cayton at Webster, I would be surprised if she left. But who knows...stranger things have happened.*
Last edited by art_vandelay on Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

art: I know them very well. An this came right straight from the HMC, she isn't going anywhere.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

I don't think Kayla would have wasted her time and money going to 2 camps with the Webster girls and playing in a shoot out as we speak if she wasn't staying at Webster. She told me point blank she gets tired of all these rumors.

swish
Waterboy

Post by swish »

WHAT WILL OUR RECORD BE THIS YEAR AT MINFORD ! I PREDICT A GREAT YEAR WITH NO MORE THAN 2 LOSSES.

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

The Falcons can play team ball now Cayton has left.

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

going to every home game and some aways I am very familiar with the situation because my daughter played for Coach Kim a few years ago and I still enjoy watching the girls play. I wish nothing for the best for both sides. However, the constant bickering by her parents towards Coach Kim was getting old. Not only for Coach Kim but the other girls as well including Kara. I know for a fact that her father made his feelings known to Coach about "the direction of the offense" "not enough picks being set for Kara" and "the overall direction of the program." I saw at those games where Kara would always look up in the stands (the balcony where her father would stand) and look for his approval and when his body language didn't indicate approval she would be crushed. Kara will be successful at South Webster and at Cedarville because she is a excellent player and great person. I just hope the baggage that comes with her won't become a problem at SW or Cedarville because I have seen it firsthand from the stands. I wish South Webster luck next year except when they play us and to my Lady Falcons. Have a great year girls!!!

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

wow

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

wow

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

Minford Mike, tell it the way it is .... ha

You are 100% correct I will have to amdit that. It will hurt the girls program but it will also help the girls play as a team. Sour and sweet.

Upi24
Waterboy

Post by Upi24 »

I saw a few games as well Minford Mike...I saw the same thing and I am not from Minford...only went to see a good team and a good player. :shock:

Dean
Freshman Team

Post by Dean »

I went to several games as well and all I saw was an unprepared and underachieving team.

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

Dean:

The lady falcons have won 32-33 games over the last two years and won the league last year beating Oak Hill both times. Coach Hale knows how to get it done and is considered one of the best coaches in the business. In order to beat a team and coach like that you have to have your team prepared. According to my daughter, they were always prepared and Coach Conley's record at Minford reflects that. The tournament game last year against NY was just a bad time to have a bad game and they beat my lady falcons like a drum. It happens. I dont know what games you were at but the games my lady falcons were supposed to win they did most of the time. What else do you want? just wondering?

swish
Waterboy

Post by swish »

Hey when ya have a true passion for the game and cayton and her dad have spent endless hours together working on her game, then i think there is nothing wrong with the relationship and actions on and off the court. She looks pretty awesome from the stands where i sat for years, maybe the rest of us should get off our duffs take notes, and work with our kids instead of judging someone else's kid who's alot better than most! I myself don't have a nickel in it, just my opinion, everybody's got one!

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

Swish:

I respect your post. However, I am not judging anyone just stating the obvious. Anyone with eyeballs can see this situation very clear. My daughter and I like and respect Kara. We know that she is better than most girls and that includes mine but that doesn't mean the actions by her father up in the stands doesn't affect her because it does. From the time she was a freshman thats all they (her parents) did was bicker about shot attempts, undermining the coach in every way possible, and going to the administration about Coach Conley. That type of behavior will not accomplish anything at the next level nor did it at Minford.

Return to “Girls Basketball”