Lady Chiefs 2007-2008

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... great points Flatulence ...

... Masterchief based on the posts you have made thus far it would appear that :

* ... you DO NOT feel that any of the certified personnel are "qualified" or the BEST qualified for the JV position ... that would be Coach Hermann and/or Coach Burns ...

* ... you DO feel strongly that the school district policy of hiring certified personnel over non certified personnel is a JOKE ... therefore you would NOT be in favor of hiring either Coach Hermann or Coach Burns as the JV coach because they are - in your line of thinking - NOT qualified or rather not THE BEST qualified for the JV position ...

... hmmmm ... help me out here anyone ; Coach Hermann has been the Asst. Varsity coach for how many years now ? as long as Coach Walsh has been head man I believe - 4 ? 5 ? 6 years ? has been A COACH of HS/MS sports for MANY MANY years - as long as he has taught I believe ... Coach Burns has been the Freshman coach for 2 years, an asst. girls varsity track coach, and the Head Girls track coach this year, she was a teacher(coach?) in Kansas for 15 years before coming to Logan (meaning she probably has more coaching experience) ? ... Coach Kennard has been 8th grade coach 1 yr. ? Coach Nelson 7th grade coach 1 yr , JV Baseball coach 2 years, girls softball asst a number of years, ? ... looks like 3 of the 4 (possible) candidates have coaching experience above the MS level - Hermann,Burns,Nelson ... all three of these coaches have coached directly under (Varsity or JV) a head coach - able to follow the wants of the head coach ... Coach Burns apparently did well enough in track that she was asked to be the Varsity Girls Track coach ... Coach Hermann IS the Asst. Girls Basketball coach he already has the confidence of Coach Walsh ... soooooooo masterchief what is your definition of "qualified" for the JV position ???
... maybe you should have given your pros/cons for each (possible) candidate for the JV Girls Hoops Position LOL ... this is like "Hannity and Combs" on FOXNEWS LOL ...

masterchief_2
Varsity

Post by masterchief_2 »

If you look back in the old programs you can see that Coach Kennard. Has coach 7th and 8th grade Boys basketball, and 7th&8th grade girls thats beside the point. That that adds up to 4 years of experience, and i beleive he has more than enough biddy and AAU experience.

So what if i want Coach Kennard to get the job. Sounds like you are pulling for Coach Burns. Big deal, I cant wait for this to unfold. Coach Walsh, and Ron Janey will make there right choice

masterchief_2
Varsity

Post by masterchief_2 »

I dont believe Coach Nelson or Hermann are up for the job.

So basically if you minus those two you get Coach Burns, and Coach Kennard

What do you think of those two PFLOYD i am sure everyone wants to hear your thoughts.

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

Coach Burns is better qualified, and IS a teacher. And she does a nice job with the girls......

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

Biddy Ball and AAU experience in no way prepares a person for a school coaching position.

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

And coach Burns probably actually played ball in high school. In spite of who has what experience (which doesn't seem to matter much in Logan) I bet Coach Kennard gets the job........

masterchief_2
Varsity

Post by masterchief_2 »

Playing in high school has nothing to do with it. Coach Walsh i dont think played in high school. Locos might have to correct me on that. Maybe even the GREAT pFLoyd can correct me haha.

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

Since you only responded to the one point, does that mean you feel the others are valid? Coach Walsh I know played football in high school, which means he can remember what it was like being a student athlete...It doesn't really matter to me how this all plays out. I have 2 sons, so I don't care what happens on the girls side. It is the small town politics that interest me.
Last edited by ole chief on Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

masterchief_2
Varsity

Post by masterchief_2 »

Alright lets actually start talking about the up coming season instead of wasting our time debating on who is going to get the JV job lol. Logan returns All-Ohio Jessica Harris, Bosch, and Bolen. Those three i can see doing the most damage this season for the Chiefs. Since Hughes is out for most of the season. I see Cassidy coming in and playing as a freshman just like her older sister Kristen did. Hoffman Twins are going to get some major minutes to provide depth down low. When i watched them play JV last year they are both good on the block and very good rebounders. Reynolds has to be more consist from the outside to provide some very needed three point shooting.

masterchief_2
Varsity

Post by masterchief_2 »

I only responded to your one point because that was the only one worth responding too. IMO. It doesnt matter who get the JV job, because Coach Walsh will be watching over them anyways. SO in Walsh I trust.

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

what about klingenberg? She's about ready for the big show isn't she?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... masterchief thanks for the info on Coach Kennard (as I said I don't follow the girls or even the MS side of either the boyz or girls) - wasn't trying to slight Coach Kennard I only knew he had no coaching experience above the MS level, I did know that he has lots of OYB Biddy ball experience which ole chief pointed out doesn't mean much coaching wise ... as far as me wanting Coach Burns to get the job - she has the experience, and IS a certified teacher in the system THAT in itself imo gives her an advantage ... Coach Hermann also has the experience AND is a certified teacher in the system - he as well has an advantage over any of the candidates ... yes I would like to see a certified person get the job - as far WHO it is ? doesn't matter ... I am a firm believer in the need to have certified personnel on the sidelines, courtside, in the dugout, ... it DOES matter as far as kids are concerned ...

... as far as Coach Walsh ... no he did not play high school hoops BUT with all of his coaching experience at ALL levels MS, JV, HS AND he was/is a certified person who bid on, was considered for and hired for a supplemental - that of Varsity Girls Coach ... obviously the AD, the Asst. Superintendent had the faith and confidence in Coach Walsh , a certified teacher, to be able to do the job - he has done a fine job on the girls side ...

... masterchief - the one point that sticks out in one of your recent posts is that you feel that the fact that Coach Burns has done a nice with the girls she has worked with ISN'T a point of emphasis ? I think it is a MAJOR point to consider mc ... Coach Burns has had to coach players that are left over after the "cream of the crop" has been moved to either JV or Varsity ... she has had winning seasons with the remaining players who weren't getting the starting/playing experience that those that were moved up received ... they didn't get the reps or the "coaching time" by the coaches ... the 7th grade/8th grade teams are always AT 100% talent strength since those girls can't be moved up ... I would therefore have to agree with ole chief - Coach Burns should get the JV opportunity ... she's earned her stripes ...

... hmmmm the GREAT pfloyd ? I like the sound of that masterchief ...

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Pfloyd, are you in any way related to Coach Burns? You seem to be very keen on her. Not to take anything away from her, but winning at the Freshmen level is by far the easiest in all of the levels. Logan is not the only team that is moving up players every year. Logan has been fortunate enough to have plenty of talent to remain at the Freshman level and dominate.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... KYR ... sorry no relation, same political party maybe, we might even go to the same hairdresser and both of us probably shop at Wally World LOL ... other than her being a certified employee of the school system THAT is the key in my way of thinking ... imo the "W" at the Freshman or any of the middle school levels is ONLY a bonus and a by product of teaching the fundamentals of the game ... imo even the JV level the "W" is nothing to hang your hat on ... ALL of the levels before the "show" on Varsity are to be used in preparing to "the REAL game" - learning the fundamentals, teamwork, strengthening individual weakness , making EACH other better - a TEAM is only as good as the weakest link ...MS/JV is for not weeding out weak links BUT improving on every kids weakness - bringing that line between individual strengths/weaknesses closer together by the time the kids get to the Varsity level the fundamentals should be 2nd nature, the Varsity Coach should be able to focus on "playing the game" with the kids ... refining fundamentals ... teaching the nuances of each of the positions ... putting the best parts on the floor ... and yes getting the "W" ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... masterchief you would like me to elaborate on what the consensus seems to feel are the 2 candidates Coach Burns and Coach Kennard ... I think I've posted on Coach Burns ... Coach Kennard ? I have never watched a single game that he has coached as a Middle School coach either boyz or girls ... I do know Coach Kennard , have for many, many years ... totally a good guy, works hard with the Sports Boosters ... Rick coached his sons OYB basketball teams, among others, a lot of recreational biddy basketball/baseball/soccer , traveling teams of all kinds ... he has put in a great deal of time with the youth in the Logan area in all sports ... according to you masterchief he has coached at the MS both boys and girls basketball 7th/8th grade for 4 years ... I'm pretty sure Rick assisted in Soccer too - I might be wrong on that one let me know if you know for sure ... I have no problem with Coach Kennard , both the boys and girls head varsity coaches thought enough of him to allow him to work in their programs - that says a lot for Coach Kennard ...

... there you have it masterchief ... all I know ...opens the door for more of what I don't know LOL ... either one would make a good choice ... I tend to side with the certified personnel in all cases - that's my personal choice no matter the sport etc ... I can sit here , post my opinion(s) - one I have nothing better to do LOL , two I don't have to make any decision on the matter LOL , three the sun WILL come up tomorrow regardless of the choice and the Logan Lady Chiefs JV squad will be just fine under the direction of either Coach Burns or Coach Kennard ...

masterchief_2
Varsity

Post by masterchief_2 »

I am pretty sure Coach Kennard has coached Middle School soccer for 10 years maybe a little longer.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the posting for the Girls JV position is now off the Logan Hocking Schools Website ... the clock begins ticking ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

tic ............... tic ............ tic ............. tic ............ tic .......... tic .......

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... tic ..... tic .... tic .... tic ..... tic .... Image .... tic .... tic

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the next school board meeting is Monday July 23rd @ 7 PM ... I say the new JV coach is offered the supplemental contract after this board meeting ...

Return to “Girls Basketball”