2015 SOCI and SOC II favorites, thoughts.....

SvGirl07
Waterboy

2015 SOCI and SOC II favorites, thoughts.....

Post by SvGirl07 »

Do not know a lot about the large school division except for I saw Burg this summer and they looked good, also figure Webster should be tough but other than that not sure.

In small school division I really think this could be the year that my Lady Vikes break through and win the conference, but we we must survive the Pike county teams to do that. Either way I dont think the winner comes from scioto county this year.

js7_22
Varsity

Re: 2015 SOCI and SOC II favorites, thoughts.....

Post by js7_22 »

"Not so fast my fiend" - Lee Corso

You forgetting that the gold ball runs through Notre Dame right now, and only losing 2 starters from last years team should have some people's attention. ND has very athletic girls coming up for some time, so talent and numbers are not going to be an issue.

outsider
Freshman Team

Post by outsider »

Webster should be the favorite in Div II only losing one player.

snatit
Waterboy

Post by snatit »

In SOC2 Webster and Burg are probably cream of the crop.

early prediction:
1. Webster
2. Burg
3. Minford
4. Oak Hill
5. Valley
6. Waverly
7. West
8. Northwest

In SOC1 Symmes and the "Pike County" team will indeed be strong but I believe New Boston and Notre Dame will have a lot to say about who is the champion. SOC1 should be extremely competitive with at least 4 teams with a real shot at bringing home the title.

early prediction:

Too close to call

shermantank
Waterboy

Post by shermantank »

SW and Burg will battle it out, but give the edge to Webster, they are deep and primed for another run, should be the year they are in the Regionals and possibly Final 4. Burg should also be making a deep run in the tourney also..

SOC 1. I see a 3 way race for this division.
ND is just well coached looked to be down last year and still was successful, add that to Athletic and some good Size they have and I see them winning the SOC 1 or tieing.
New Boston with the addition of Oiler, once she gets on the floor cause I think she has to sit for transferring correct? Even so they will be in the mix from the jump have a couple of nice players, may take some time adjusting to new coach.
SV will be right there in the mix also. Physical team that battles each night.
Eastern is a one horse show, coming off knee injury and everyone knowing that she no longer has Stanley to help scrore the ball and handle it will hurt this team. Still Rooney is a stud when she comes to play.

also want to say Welcome back to Walt Monroe, back on the Tartan sideline.

Return to “Girls Basketball”