Wheelersburg's Brooke Smith

outsider
Freshman Team

Wheelersburg's Brooke Smith

Post by outsider »

I would like to commend this young lady on a great limited high school career. I had read an article in the Daily Times on where this young lady had suffered ACL surgeries during her freshman and junior years. This is hard to believe she went through two by the way she has played this year. The first one was her freshman year during volleyball so she missed all of her freshman year. She came back her sophomore year and helped Wheelersburg to a SOC title in basketball while making 2nd team SOC. She then that same year placed 6th in the DIV III Regionals track in the 800M run. Then unfortunately she suffered her second one her junior year. She came back in time for track to win High Points Medalist in SOC Div II and placed 5th in Div II Districts in the 800M. Then she came back stronger her senior year. She ran cross country for the first time by winning the SOC. Then she helped her team to a co-conference championship in basketball and winning the district. She was also selected 2nd team coaches poll all district while being selected 1st team AP all district and 1st team SOC. This young lady has shown that you can over come. I wish her the best of luck if she decides to go on to the next level.

Return to “Girls Basketball”