Freshman Team

Portsmouth New Coach

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

Heard Portsmouth will be looking for a new coach

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Re: Portsmouth New Coach

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

Coach Phillips is still the head coach at PHS. He is improving the program every year.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I heard Tyson accepted a job at a golf course in Tennessee. So, I would assume Portsmouth would be on the lookout for a new coach.

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Wow ... If that is true ... than that is too bad for the girls at PHS. I thought Coach Phillip was making some progress.

Fools Gold
Waterboy

Post by Fools Gold »

Don't know the circumstances, but isn't getting a little late to be finding a coach with practice starting in a couple weeks? Can't imagine this just happened.Who up a quits this close to the season? Who worked with these girls this summer?

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

It happened recently and I'm sure Tyson is looking to better himself and his family. His main income comes from being the golf pro and manager of Shawnee Golf Course, his boy plays golf so a better job offer comes around you take it.

Fools Gold
Waterboy

Post by Fools Gold »

Who's going to be this new coach? Promote the jv coach? Or past assistants? Any canidates? I'd have to believe they need to get someone as quick as possible.

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

If all this is true than it is unfortunate for the girls. I would think they will promote from within. At this time of the year there isn't a lot of options for hiring a coach. Let me throw this out there ..... What about the Hughes girl. Isn't she already in the Portsmouth school system?

Fools Gold
Waterboy

Post by Fools Gold »

I don't think they allow administrators to coach at Portsmouth.

Fools Gold
Waterboy

Post by Fools Gold »

Anything new on this? Surely to God they have someone in mind....But at this point who would really want the job?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Prob gonna need a softball coach in just a few short months also. Girls side of athletics is a lil messy at PHS right now . If I'm wrong about the softball rumor , my apologies .

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

I would be surprised if this position has not been filled. In less than 2 weeks, practice starts so I figure there is somebody in place. Is Phillips definitely out? If he is, I am sure there is somebody out there that would take it.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Another source reporting Kristen Bradshaw hired as coach .. same Kristen Bradshaw from NW that was ( or still is) head softball coach at Rio Grande ?

Return to “Girls Basketball”