SHAC?SHL Thoughts

sox
JV Team

Re: SHAC?SHL Thoughts

Post by sox »

slamdunk wrote:NA looked pretty good in their preview against Whiteoak winning by 19. NA had been struggling so far in scrimmages but seem to be putting it together now. The next night they played a VERY good Georgetown team in a Foundation game and beat them in convincing fashion, 52-39. Exciting to see this team come together before the season starts!!
I was very impressed with NA. Georgetown lost their senior leader and leading scorer early due to ankle injury. Just heard she will be out 4-6 weeks. Gtown was within 3 but just doesn't have that go to scorer now. NA was very aggressive and I was impressed with their length in the 2-1-2 full court press. Did not realize they had so many long girls. They will be hard to beat this season. Look for them to do well this season.

sox
JV Team

Post by sox »

Indapaint wrote:Well Previews done, Fayettville looked strong, didn't see NA game. Eastern per their coach on the radio needs to get back to the fundamentals, don't know bout that. West Union looked different, they lost but seemed to be playing totally different style. The Ripley game was ok..any thoughts. Pell hurt?
It IS NOT fundamentals for Eastern. Talent, athleticism, confidence.....yes. But, that is where a coach has to step in and provide vision and leadership. The majority of those kids are fundamentally sound within their own ability. Success for this team will come down to coaching.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

sox wrote:
Indapaint wrote:Well Previews done, Fayettville looked strong, didn't see NA game. Eastern per their coach on the radio needs to get back to the fundamentals, don't know bout that. West Union looked different, they lost but seemed to be playing totally different style. The Ripley game was ok..any thoughts. Pell hurt?
It IS NOT fundamentals for Eastern. Talent, athleticism, confidence.....yes. But, that is where a coach has to step in and provide vision and leadership. The majority of those kids are fundamentally sound within their own ability. Success for this team will come down to coaching.
Agree Sox with your comment about Eastern. I also hate to hear about the senior with the ankle injury! Hate to see any player get hurt in a non regular season game or ANY game for that matter. I hope and pray she can return sooner than anticipated!!

HomeBoy
Waterboy

Post by HomeBoy »

My "fundamentals" comment was being sarcastic, I heard the Eastern coach say that on the radio and thought what? Lol.

sox
JV Team

Post by sox »

Indapaint,

With what I hear coming out of that camp from the coach, it wouldn't surprise me if she actually said that. (2) girls have told me she has apologized on numerous occasions for last year's coach (John Burrows), who I admire and respect. Just trying to understand her approach to leading these kids into the next phase of Eastern basketball. I am not naïve enough to think this is all coming from the coach. Eastern is down this year, but has a good group coming up. Right now vision, leadership and transparency must be paramount. Develop the program and let the past be the past (especially when involving one of the great coaches in that district for the last 30+ years). My 2 cents worth. Thanks for your insight as well.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

sox wrote:Indapaint,

(2) girls have told me she has apologized on numerous occasions for last year's coach (John Burrows)
WOW!!! That is just wrong if that is true!! Coach Burrows was one of the best coaches in this area maybe the state. Whether you agree with a former coach or not, you don't say that to the kids. Very unprofessional!!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

sox
JV Team

Post by sox »

Saw where Fayetteville beat Williamsburg 90-27 last night. Rossellot tied a school record with (7) 3-pointers in the game. #wow

BasketballFan1
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan1 »

Where did you see that article? I saw a score but that is it.

sox
JV Team

Post by sox »

I was incorrect in my last post on Rossellot...she BROKE the school record with (7) 3-pointers in the win over Williamsburg

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/2013/ ... nt-record/

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

I think a pretty strong argument could be made for Rosselot being the best guard in the league.

HomeBoy
Waterboy

Post by HomeBoy »

Definitely a toss up between her and Pell from Peebles. Really like her game also after seeing Faetville play. Has a very nice shot, she going anywhere after high school? NA plays Greenfield tonight anybody else playing? NA looks like they will win the the SHAC big School division, Peebles not deep enough it seems only going 1-2 deep. Believe the other 3 teams will be battling it out, Eastern seems really young and lost to Paint Valley. Could be a rough year for them, Manchester and West Union pull be battling each other for the 3/4? West Union didn't look bad in the second qtr at previews, and I heard the won a qtr in a scrimmage vs Lucasville Valley, lost 2 qtrs by a total of 6 points, Manchester gets beat by South Webster and beats a one Lady Trojan team. If game planned right Manchester could give Peebles trouble with ther height. Western Latham gave Peebles issues for 3 qtrs with thier height. (And I said trouble not beat, lol)

Biff Tannen
Waterboy

Post by Biff Tannen »

Big win for Lynchburg-Clay last night vs. Georgetown. The Lady Mustangs have shown improvement each game they have played and should be pretty good by the end of the year. They are very young, but talented. As they grow more accustomed to playing against varsity competition, they'll improve.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

Biff Tannen wrote:Big win for Lynchburg-Clay last night vs. Georgetown. The Lady Mustangs have shown improvement each game they have played and should be pretty good by the end of the year. They are very young, but talented. As they grow more accustomed to playing against varsity competition, they'll improve.
Agree! Lynchburg will be extremely tough by the end of the year. Coach Lewis is a GREAT coach and will get that young group together!

sox
JV Team

Post by sox »

Biff Tannen wrote:Big win for Lynchburg-Clay last night vs. Georgetown. The Lady Mustangs have shown improvement each game they have played and should be pretty good by the end of the year. They are very young, but talented. As they grow more accustomed to playing against varsity competition, they'll improve.
Good win for Lynchburg. Their young kids are very talented and will bring success to the program.

On the flip side, this is a totally different outcome if Gtown's Center was not removed from the contest due to a no call on a charge at the basket where Lynchburg's trainer would not allow her to re-enter the game due to concussion symptoms. I really have to question where the value is in protecting these kids due to referee ignorance. There were (35) fouls in the game due to the focus on hand checking etc. now. But I have watched (2) games now where a girl had to be removed due to an elbow to the mouth (deemed incidental) and now a charging incident where the defense was set before offense left feet for shot and released the ball. I have never been more disappointed in the lack of attention at the rim by our outstanding referees (Dugan, Dotson and Turner). Even Lynchburg parents commented on the fouls situation and the lack of calls under the basket. If given a whistle you have the responsibility to protect the integrity of the game and its players.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Manchester 41
Whiteoak 20

Half

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Manchester 58
Whiteoak 42

Final

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

North Adams 65
Williamsburg 26

HomeBoy
Waterboy

Post by HomeBoy »

Peebles 85
WU. 47

Peebles was hot from 3, heard they hit 9 of em. From what I seen Peebles was Peebles, but WU battled the whole way. From what I heard in the stands they scored more this game vs Peebles than they did in both last year. If they can start putting in shots they will greatly improve.

The Freshmen from Peebles can shoot the ball

SportyOne
Riding the Bench

Post by SportyOne »

47 is enough to win a lot of varsity girls basketball games. Letting your opponent score 85 points wont win many games.

Return to “Girls Basketball”