SHAC?SHL Thoughts

BasketballFan1
Riding the Bench

SHAC?SHL Thoughts

Post by BasketballFan1 »

What does everyone think about the SHAC/SHL? I know there has been a ton of turnover as far as the coaching ranks go. Could be an interesting season. Fayetteville is no doubt the class of the league. How does everyone see the rest of the league shaping up?

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Re: SHAC?SHL Thoughts

Post by sinjinian »

From what I saw of North Adams over the summer they will be tough to deal with.

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

And thy dropped to D4, them and Peebles if I have been told correctly. If it goes as it should be a good District semi's and Finals with the possibility of meeting up with Eastern Meigs, South Webster or Waterford for one of these two.

HomeBoy
Waterboy

Post by HomeBoy »

How is going to in the SHAC? Been hearing low numbers at Peebles again? True? NA going to be tall and has guards. Lynchburg? Eastern? I have heard West Union has numbers this year..?

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

Dont look past manchester...they have depth,experience,speed and shooters...they will be a tough game for anyone

HomeBoy
Waterboy

Post by HomeBoy »

Not much talking on ths Conference?

BasketballFan1
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan1 »

Fayetteville will be loaded as had been the case the last couple of years. I like North Adams will also be very good this year. Have heard numbers are still down at Peebles, so I dont know how that will effect them. Both North Adams and Peebles will benefit from tourney time do to dropping down to d4!

HomeBoy
Waterboy

Post by HomeBoy »

What s Lynch Burg Clay looking like? Eastern? Anyone started scrimmaging yet?

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

Lynchburg will be young but pretty good especially at the guard position. They have 2 freshmen twins that are VERY good from the outside. Their struggles will come on the interior. Eastern will be down. Graduated a lot of talent last year and did not have a ton of talent coming up, plus they have a totally new coaching staff.

Not sure of any one else's scrimmage schedule just know that North Adams played this past Saturday and Peebles has one tomorrow night.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

slamdunk wrote:Lynchburg will be young but pretty good especially at the guard position. They have 2 freshmen twins that are VERY good from the outside. Their struggles will come on the interior. Eastern will be down. Graduated a lot of talent last year and did not have a ton of talent coming up, plus they have a totally new coaching staff.

Not sure of any one else's scrimmage schedule just know that North Adams played this past Saturday and Peebles has one tomorrow night.
Isn't the Little girl about 5'11 a pretty good player?

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

Just from observations this summer, they struggled on the interior but their guard play was very good. And of course, it's just my humble opinion.

HomeBoy
Waterboy

Post by HomeBoy »

Heard several new coaches in the league, that will make the early season fun as players adjust. Scrimmages going good? Who everyone got in the big school Div?
Peebles, Pell still the best guard in the league, but numbers may hurt em
NA, two good sold guards and size

BasketballFan1
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan1 »

Yes Several new coaches in the league should make it interesting. Previews are this Friday at North Adams.

5 Lynchburg vs Ripley
6 Peebles vs Fayetteville
7 West Union vs Fairfield
8 Eastern vs Manchester
9 North Adams vs Whiteoak

Jay Bruce
Freshman Team

Post by Jay Bruce »

How are the schools divided this year in the big school/small school divisions?

sox
JV Team

Post by sox »

Division I
Eastern
Lynchburg-Clay
North Adams
Peebles
West Union

Division II
Fairfield Local
Fayetteville Perry
Manchester
Ripley-Union
Whiteoak

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Peebles looked good the other night against Waverly. The big girls run the floor well and their team can really shot the ball. Good luck to the Indians!

HomeBoy
Waterboy

Post by HomeBoy »

Well Previews done, Fayettville looked strong, didn't see NA game. Eastern per their coach on the radio needs to get back to the fundamentals, don't know bout that. West Union looked different, they lost but seemed to be playing totally different style. The Ripley game was ok..any thoughts. Pell hurt?

BasketballFan1
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan1 »

I was unable to make it, but heard through a friend that Pell was trying to play through injury but couldn't. Havent head much else. Indapaint, what did you think of each team that you had a chance to see?

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

NA looked pretty good in their preview against Whiteoak winning by 19. NA had been struggling so far in scrimmages but seem to be putting it together now. The next night they played a VERY good Georgetown team in a Foundation game and beat them in convincing fashion, 52-39. Exciting to see this team come together before the season starts!!

HomeBoy
Waterboy

Post by HomeBoy »

So-so, Fayetville is a so tough, love their pressure and attacking style. Reminded me of Ok Hill a few years ago. Where does Lynchburg grw em at? Wats their avg starting line up? 5'9" r bigger, you can tell they ain't been playing long this season. Peebles struggles if Pell isn't at full strength, lack of depth will hurt them come tourny time, plus the teams they will face in tourny can all shot from outside, Clay, district level South Webster, Eastern Pike, Eastern Meigs and Waterfrd, same with North Adsms. Have to pay some man to man in there

Return to “Girls Basketball”